Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited October 2018
    If you don't want spoilers for images at all, give an Agree to this post.
    lolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Yeah, I don't think we want to bind anyone to these rules. But I do think it's good if we know which options are most popular. I would want to change my posting style if another style was more popular.
    Gotural
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    edited October 2018
    I know that cropped JPG images are popular - you get a close up of the action, and only see the relevant details, and get the added boon of very quick loading of the post. I do them often, but on occasion @Grond0 or @Gate70 will also. They do take time to make however, so certainly this method wouldn't appeal to everyone in terms of doing their posts. For some, the text descriptions are just fine, they just click the images they want to see - for others, the images are part of the story and they want others to see all of them. We are all individuals, and I have not observed a clear majority for any particular method of posting.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @Grond0 It's my single game player practice that if I intend to travel to the eastern maps, to buy the mirror eyes potions from Thalantyr, then that way I am sure to be safe in a basilisk ambush. That also means the invisibility potions are free for other uses. If you are solo, and you have auto-pause on enemy sighted turn on, you can almost always run south before the basilisk gets a chance to attack, or at least that's what happens in my games. But that basilisk ambush sure is scary in a party with no autopause.

Side note: I once had a party where a party member was petrified and we were forced to leave the map as we had no way to un-petrify them - later I got green StF scrolls, and randomly came across the same map and unpetrified them and got them back! That was quite a surprise, didn't know that could happen...
    GoturalGrond0Aerakar
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    The reason for me wanting the pictures in spoiler tags, is due to the loading time on the mobile site version because of the said pictures.

I do have a very fast internet on my phone, or I use a very fast wifi. But the pictures still disrupts the site. The site refreshed twice on my phone today, when on the previous page in this thread - one of the time erasing a post I had used half an hour writing (a non posted update on my halfling barbarian).

I will accept the vote of the majority, but hope its pro spoiler tags. Otherwise happy gaming and good luck to you all.
    Grond0Goturallroumenlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited October 2018

@Grond0 It's my single game player practice that if I intend to travel to the eastern maps, to buy the mirror eyes potions from Thalantyr, then that way I am sure to be safe in a basilisk ambush. That also means the invisibility potions are free for other uses. If you are solo, and you have auto-pause on enemy sighted turn on, you can almost always run south before the basilisk gets a chance to attack, or at least that's what happens in my games. But that basilisk ambush sure is scary in a party with no autopause.

Side note: I once had a party where a party member was petrified and we were forced to leave the map as we had no way to un-petrify them - later I got green StF scrolls, and randomly came across the same map and unpetrified them and got them back! That was quite a surprise, didn't know that could happen...

@Corey_Russell I know it makes sense to have the Mirror Eyes potions, but I dislike buying anything except at rock-bottom prices, so tend to just take the risk ;). I don't use autopause, but I agree that it's normally possible to run from the ambushing basilisk - though there has been the odd occasion where that's not been the case ...

There are a limited number of ambush map areas. There are often more than one that can be used for each journey, but if you keep repeating the same journey it doesn't take long to find a statue again - like you I first discovered that by being surprised to find a statue out in the middle of the wilderness on a later journey :D.
    GoturalCorey_RussellAerakarlolien
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited October 2018
    Flashburn said:

Arthas said:

cut

Thanks. Now that you've explained everything, I can better appreciate your run! Good luck :)

StummvonBordwehrGoturalAerakarWise_Grimwald
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @semiticgod
    Do whatever you think is fun. If a run is no longer interesting to you, just delete the save to make sure the temptation to finish it doesn't bite you and subsequently drain what little remains of your desire to play BG.
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    @Grond0 Thanks for pointing this out. Still, it's the spider form I relied on to protect against those webs.
    Wise_Grimwaldlolien