Skip to content

[Spoiler] Quotes/easter eggs in Siege of Dragonspear

AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
In this thread, there is a very interesting and fun list of quotes/easter eggs that player can found in Baldur's Gate.

I would like to do the same for Siege of Dragonspear.

I will start with a special line from Glint. When you keep selecting him, eventually he says "Trust no one". That is a reference to the X-Files series - it s a sentence said by a recurring character called "Deep Throat".

Come on, share the quotes/easter eggs you found in SOD!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sadly, one of my favorites was removed :'(

Minsc's even had the benefit of it actually fitting his character perfectly.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Safana's "Everyone focuses on my looks. I feel so two-dimensional at times." Is a good aha one.
  • Although not an easter egg per se, Dynaheir and M'Khiin have a really sweet conversation where Dynaheir teaches M'Khiin how to speak like she does i.e. Early Modern English (kind of) and I found it quite touching. Touching enough to propel Dynaheir to being one of my favourite characters.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

These are my favorite lines from NPCs in SoD. My absolute favorite is Corwin's:

Edwin: Zap! Kapow! Pew pew, pew pew!

Dynaheir: Wouldst thou like to see a magic trick? There! I hast thy nose.

Corwin: Sometimes I dream I'm a chaotic good elf.

I really like the last one and it made me laugh when I heard her say it but I wasn't sure whether I was really getting the joke. Is it a reference to Kivan?
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    The first time I played with Corwin, I was actually playing a chaotic good elf. I was wondering if she was coming on to me...

I really like the last one and it made me laugh when I heard her say it but I wasn't sure whether I was really getting the joke. Is it a reference to Kivan?
    A lot of ranger's tend to be chaotic good elves. The line pokes fun at common archetypes. *coughDrizztcough*
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    ThacoBell said:

A lot of ranger's tend to be chaotic good elves. The line pokes fun at common archetypes. *coughDrizztcough*
    I’m an idiot. I thought it was because her name was very similar to Coran who is a Chaotic Good Elf and also pretty proficient in bows.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    When you approach Kharm the dwarf in the crusade camp near Bridgefort, he will ask "You, who are you?".
    CHARNAME can reply "Liam Ensler, sir" or "Liann Ensler, sir". A clear reference to @LiamEsler, administrator of the Infinity Engine modding community Spellhold Studios who worked at Beamdog during SOD development.
    I don't know if this counts as an easter egg, but it feels odd enough to not be a standard reply. But you can infiltrate the Crusader camp while 100% honest.

When asked to give your name at the gates, you can give your charname's real name.

"Wow, did you know you have the same name as the Hero of Baldur's Gate?"

"I am aware."
    edited October 2018
    Well. Actually the thread should be about quotes in the game that come from movies, TV series, books, famous lines or easter eggs. That line sounds funny, but I would not put it in this category.
    I would like to keep the same spirit of the BG easter eggs/quotes thread :)
    I'll keep that in mind.
    One of Neera's lines is "Here comes the sun. I say, it's all right!".
    That is a quote from the song "Here comes the sun" by The Beatles.

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Cuvieronius is the leader of the mage group that attacks during the siege of the Coalition Camp. This is undoubtedly a reference to @Cuv.