Skip to content

Your Greatest Facepalm Moment?

14567810»

Comments

• LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    edited October 2018
    In my party run I lost the first Evermemory apparently because it was dropped out of my inventory when someone dumped something on me and I had a full inventory. Whatevs, I still got the other one from the Gate but that was a really annoying misplacement.

In my first ever solo run of any BG game ever I decided to pick up BG1... on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty without really knowing what it is. I started looking into it really fast after having "some trouble" killing even one rat for Reevor. I decided to cheese it through though.

EDIT: just a btw question: how do I make topics on this forum? Or don't I just have the option because I'm so new around here?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

@Permidion_Stark
    You can fix that problem with the Tweaks Mod which gives you options to eliminate class restrictions based on race.

I'm currently playing a Dwarven Barbarian who I'm going to dual into a Mage at the start of Chapter 2 of Shadows of Amn

Thanks @ZaramMaldovar . I didn't realise that the Tweaks Mod enabled you to do that. I have now installed it and my kensai will be adventuring again.
    Lammas said:

EDIT: just a btw question: how do I make topics on this forum? Or don't I just have the option because I'm so new around here?

On the top left of the screen there should be a 'New Discussion' button just under your user name. As far as I know you can start new topics as soon as you join.
    Lammaslolien
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Permidion_Stark
    It's the Tweak Anthology Mod specifically on Gibberlings 3
    Gotural

@Permidion_Stark
    It's the Tweak Anthology Mod specifically on Gibberlings 3

Thanks @ZaramMaldovar. I have installed it and my kensai/thief is back on her adventures.
    ZaramMaldovarGoturallolien
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

@Permidion_Stark
    Glad to be of service.

Now to get back on topic here's one for you:

Has anyone ever taken the device used to kill the Unseeing Eye to the surface by accident?

I certainly have, and my blood ran cold as a result.

I have never done so again.

So what happens....don't leave us in suspense.
    Or do you just get the usual "you're dead, game over"?

Be good if it was really spectacular, some one time only animation, perhaps the whole party disintegrating (with suitable sound effects) as you are forced to watch.
    GoturalProontAerakar
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @UnderstandMouseMagic IIRC, its just special game over text. Somethign along the lines of the world ending.
    edited October 2018
    @UnderstandMouseMagic
    I don't remember the exact text, but just the shock of suddenly making to the surface and then being forced to watch some text on the screen before my character suddenly dies was absolutely mortifying to me.
    UnderstandMouseMagiclolien
    I've done that once years ago. I just plain forgot to return it. Vengeful things these gods...

Did you know you can smuggle it out if you use your own familiar to pickpocket yourself :D I've never done that myself, dunno if it still works in EE.
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    edited November 2018
    I just killed Lothander and Marek didn show up.

Had to do eveything over from charter 5 onwards
    Post edited by Dordledum on
    Lammas
    Finished dealing with the evil druids in the Underground River and complete all the tasks needed of me by the Coalition and then bolted out of there with an army of hostiles chasing me.

Went to turn in my quest with the druids and realized I forgot to put the acorns in the tree.

Welp, didn't get to turn in that quest for that particular playthrough.
    ThacoBell
    You know how in the original games wielding a shield or having an off-hand weapon prevented you from using a 2 handed weapon or any ranged weapons at all (except shield + 1 handed ranged)?

I'm currently on my 4th run of BG1EE back to back and this is the first time I decided to actually check if this is finally possible in EE instead of just being annoyed by it...

And here I thought I had finally nailed my favorite way of making my character down to a tee.
    Proont
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Yeah, the loading screens used to warn you about that, but in the enhanced editions everything loads too fast to put tips and pointers there.

The rationale is that if you just leave it lying on the ground, passersby will take it, but if you hide it in a container then they won't notice it.
    @Chronicler
    Chronicler wrote: »

The rationale is that if you just leave it lying on the ground, passersby will take it

In the middle of the spider infested Cloakwood where the only living soul is a guy mourning his dead brother? I choose to ignore that logic.

The dice gods punished me enough for it both before and after anyway.

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    @ZaramMaldovar It admittedly holds up better in some locations than others. I'm sure it was just a slapdash explanation for some quirk of the engine you weren't really meant to put much thought into. I wouldn't feel bad about substituting my own reasons if I thought of something better.
    ZaramMaldovarProont