Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @fluke13 Introduce them early, I got into D&D by watching my dad play BG when I was 8. Now I'll be playing D&D with my family and its pretty exciting.
    lolienfluke13LadyRhianStummvonBordwehr
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Coleen Doran is writing a new comic, updating every Friday. You can read it here: (Leads to chapter 1)

https://www.webtoons.com/en/thriller/finality/chapter-1/viewer?title_no=1457&episode_no=1
    ThacoBellBillyYank
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    LadyRhian said:

Coleen Doran is writing a new comic, updating every Friday. You can read it here: (Leads to chapter 1)

https://www.webtoons.com/en/thriller/finality/chapter-1/viewer?title_no=1457&episode_no=1

Interesting style change. I saw the teaser for it over at A Distant Soil, but I hadn't checked it out 'til now.

I think I've still got the first few issues of ADS in a box somewhere.
    I read A Distant Soil when Fantagraphics released it all (or mostly all) as a graphic novel. I remember a pic she did for Robotech that I saw in an "Art of..." book very long ago, from the "Super Cavalry Southern Cross" section of Robotech.
    Glad to hear it turned out well, @ThacoBell ! Sorry it happened to you in the first place.
    ThacoBellmlnevese
    I have legendary bad luck.
    mlnevese
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    It'll all balance out eventually, so if you've had loads of bad luck, they'll be years and years of good luck ahead :)
    ThacoBell
    @fluke13 Oh no, its a family curse ;)

On another note, my computer lives again! Mwahahah! Turns out it was a bad adapter.
    mlnevese
    One of my roommates had his computer die as well. Someone said it was the BIOS setting. Thankfully, the guy he took it to was able to figure out the problem really quick and fix it. He got it back in about 30 mins.
    mlneveseThacoBell
    Good taste in Pokemon there.
    RaduzielO_Brucemlnevese
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I've added the photo using my phone, just now I've noticed how huge it is.

It is under spoilers now, sorry about that.
    mlnevese
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Lovely! I'm happy for Lucas. It seems like a lot of new opportunities for enjoying life are finally opening up to him.

VR has motion sickness issues that I'm not sure can be fixed through software. I think the only way I'd be able to tolerate motion-heavy VR stuff would be to take an anti-emetic every time, but it'd probably have to be very strong; I get motion sickness very easily. A lot of people might not be able to enjoy VR without medicine to block the nausea.
    mlneveseThacoBell
    I only have motion sickness for a very specific type of movement, this VR happened to feature almost exclusively said movement...
    mlneveselolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    ThacoBell said:

I only have motion sickness for a very specific type of movement, this VR happened to feature almost exclusively said movement...

Murphy's Law has been updated :)
    ThacoBell
    @FinneousPJ Congrats!

I have a small one. A submission of mine was featured on a horror/biology blog today. Once a year after Halloween, Bogleech.com looks at nightmares that people submit and makes fanart of the monsters in them. I'm a huge fan of monster movies and I'm pretty giddy that other people like something my brain came up with.

FinneousPJmlneveseZaghoulStummvonBordwehr
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I'm actually kind of sunburned. I'm so white I get sunburned in the rain.
    ThacoBell
    @semiticgod Ow. That hurts. Where I lived in Florida, it was like that.
    semiticgoddess
    So, how is the new Doctor Who series *really* doing?

How's Jodie Whittaker's Doctor Who *actually* doing so far?

Clue: it's bigger on the inside. And the outside, in fact.
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/feature/a870425/doctor-who-series-11-ratings-down-success-decline-jodie-whittaker/?fbclid=IwAR31TtvTsdaIN3zg21AhK6TbML6SHP4Ok6TZnkDRu997pdbi7l8H_41zh9c

And for comparison, the 4th Doctor's first season- that nearly killed numerous cast members!

Doctor Who and the curse of season 12 – Tom Baker's deadly first year in the TARDIS

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/feature/a857834/doctor-who-season-12-curse/
    mlnevese
    We had some friends over last night for dinner and board games. We don't get out much, so its rare that we see friends. We had an absolute blast and are exhausted today, but it was soooooooo worth it.
    mlneveselolienBelgarathMTHStummvonBordwehr
    Supercon, Kentucky’s largest comic con event, soars into Louisville
    Grab your favorite costume and get ready to meet some "super" celebrities from November 30 to December 2!
    https://www.whas11.com/article/news/local/supercon-kentuckys-largest-comic-con-event-soars-into-louisville/417-617113965?fbclid=IwAR1EtyvxMABAJgjGg-csnfKRkAbigQCwbx1lsqNma0c6RA6l-qLX2tnkaWs
    I just ran across photos by a self-taught makeup artist named Johannes Stoetter. He uses makeup and multiple models to turn people into animals.

That frog is made up of five models.
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessronaldo