The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

And this,
    So MUCH CUTE!
    BelgarathMTHThacoBell
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    LadyRhian said:

Police found 33ft tunnel in Nogales - a city divided by the US-Mexico border
    Drug traffickers regularly try to build tunnels between the two halves of the city
    This is the third tunnel to be found in the city of Nogales in the last month
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576979/Mexican-police-33ft-tunnel-used-smuggle-drugs-migrants-United-States.html?fbclid=IwAR2KsPBQv4zrmVsCcdyGjmw6mPTmzy_mdD-LDTUikIw3_slpYABPoC7AH4c

Trump's Tunnel has already failed. No matter how deep you make it, no matter how high it's built, the Smugglers and Coyotes will find a way to go under it. They only found it because of the Mexican Police. Walls are static, Human ingenuity is wide and vast.

"If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through it, go over it, go around it, but get to the other side of that wall"

-- Donald Trump, 2004
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
    Yup. And he just Skroobed the Pooch on Declaring a national Emergency. He served himself a real Shit Sundae. How? By saying if he didn't get the deal he wanted he'd just declare a national emergency. ON TAPE. IN FULL VIEW OF REPORTERS.

All the people in opposition to the wall have to do is show that Tape in Court, and there will be NO National Emergency declaration.

AND HE DID IT TO HIMSELF, which makes this Extra Delicious.
    edited January 2019
    I just heard a very familliar voice and voice actor in the advertisement for Metro:Exodus. Jim Cummings. Yes, you will hear the voice of our favorite Rashemi Berserker in the Metro: Exodus game. (it's a different actor, character, obviously, but the same voice.

I was sitting there waiting for a video to load on YouTube, and when I heard it, I nearly fell over trying to get up and cheer at the same time.

"Minsc and Boo Stand Ready!"

Post edited by LadyRhian on
    Son_of_ImoenlolienThacoBell
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    LadyRhian said:

I just heard a very familliar voice and voice actor in the advertisement for Metro:Exodus. Jim Cummings. Yes, you will hear the voice of our favorite Rashemi Berserker in the Metro: Exodus game. (it's a different actor, obviously, but the same voice.

I was sitting there waiting for a video to load on YouTube, and when I heard it, I nearly fell over trying to get up and cheer at the same time.

"Minsc and Boo Stand Ready!"

What pleases me too is the sound of Massive Attack's music with Horace's Andy's voice in 'Angel' as the soundtrack for the trailer.

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/424876-san-diego-tv-station-cnn-declined-our-local-view-because-of-reports-on-wall

So basically cnn hoped to find a story that fit their narrative but when they found the opposite they basically turned them down.

"KUSI offered our own Dan Plante, who has reported dozens of times on the border, including one story from 2016 that was retweeted by former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and posted on DrudgeReport.com," it continues while linking to a border fence tour report.

"We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work," it concludes. "We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it."

Then there's Jim Acousta who is a activist playing journalist! He basically gave free press to the wall working and boy, what ensued put a smile on my face.

"Dear Diary..." President Trump mockingly tweeted when sharing Acosta's report.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/424785-acosta-mocked-for-border-reporting-exactly-walls-workh
    Snowball fight on the National Mall

Members of the National Park Police joined in and We the Pizza sent free pies.
    @LadyRhian

Neil Gaiman + Colleen Doran = Snow, Glass, Apples
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    This made me laugh so hard XD
    She is the female Donald Trump, its equivalent exchange.

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She’s Going to ‘Run Train on the Progressive Agenda"

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-shes-going-to-run-train-on-the-progressive-agenda/

ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrBelgarathMTH
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

This made me laugh so hard XD
    She is the female Donald Trump, its equivalent exchange.

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She’s Going to ‘Run Train on the Progressive Agenda"

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-shes-going-to-run-train-on-the-progressive-agenda/

I don't know which one of Trump's statements, specifically, are very similar to this. Donald Trump is a pretty unique individual. I'd have to see a large number of close similarities, combined with a small number of wide differences, to call any politician a variant of Donald Trump.

Honestly, I've said much more explicit things on this very website, and if a seemingly sexual comment on an otherwise nonsexual issue is enough, then I'd also qualify as the new Donald Trump. I can think of several people on this forum that have more in common with Trump than Ocasio-Cortez has, whether it's sharing his disdain for political correctness, rejection of the collusion idea, opposition to immigration, support for the Kavanaugh confirmation, or actually voting for the guy.

One of AOC's more famous policies is her support for a tax rate that would scale up to 70% for the highest earners. I can't think of any Trump policies similar to this.
    ThacoBell
    edited January 2019
    And Alexandra Ocasio Cortez' policies are popular, especially the top marginal percentage of 70% at 5 million dollara.

And if you read my Politics thread post, you'd see this headline: “He’s not hurting the people he needs to be”: a Trump voter says the quiet part out loud

Think about that line for a second. Roll it over in your head. In essence, Minton is declaring that one aim of the Trump administration is to hurt people — the right people. Making America great again, in her mind, involves inflicting pain.

This is not an accident. Trump’s political victory and continuing appeal depend on a brand of politics that marginalizes and targets groups disliked by his supporters. Trump supporters don’t so much love the Republican party as they hate Democrats, a phenomenon political scientists call “negative partisanship.” They like Trump not because he sells them on the GOP, but because they believe he’ll stick it to the Democrats harder than anyone else.

The president’s particular brand of identity politics — the racist attacks on blacks and Latinos, the Muslim ban, his cruel treatment of women — similarly depends on negative rather than positive appeals. Antoine Banks, a political psychologist at the University of Maryland, wrote a book on the connection between anger as an emotion and racial politics. When politicians gin up anger, an emotion that necessarily has a negative target, voters tend to think about the world in more racial (and racist) terms. Trump makes his voters angry, he centers that anger on hated targets, and that makes them want to take his side.

This is what makes Trumpism work. This is the dark heart of our political moment. Even people who are tremendously vulnerable themselves, like Crystal Minton, support Trump because of his capacity to inflict pain on others they detest. The cruelty, as the Atlantic’s Adam Serwer says, is the point.

This is why Trump keeps asserting that most of the people being hurt by the shutdown are Democrats.
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessBlackraven
    Families of Carrots, Miniature Mountains, and Baguettes Crafted from Needle Felted Wool by Hanna Dovhan
    https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2019/01/new-work-hanna-dovhan/?fbclid=IwAR1Iwxa1MgBTuJZR3Fu4jLR5ZTkhAqq0N7CYruVXysaIkKFKtDkLMCbsaHY
    ThacoBelllolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I never knew I needed a mustacioed mushroom in my life before now.
    Anna's Doctor Who Surprise
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    At first I thought that was saying "female bugbears like smart males."
    FinneousPJProontThacoBellSkatan
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    But what about all the stupid males? Don't they get any love?
    FinneousPJProont

But what about all the stupid males? Don't they get any love?

Only if they're strong or handsome :P
    ThacoBell
    To whatever makes a budgeriar "Handsome". Birds have lots of weird traits that have been sexually selected for. Like long, extravagant tails. The male peacock's tail feathers show how healthy he is. it's not just there to be pretty (although, let's face it- they are.)

BTW, did you know there are albino peacocks? They are not actually Albinos, but that's what they are called. They are actually Leucistic, or lacking in pigment. True Albinos have pink eyes, Leucistic animals do not.

There is also an "opal" Peacock
    JLeeThacoBell
    Those peacocks are pretty cool. Even humans do peacocking, like cool pocket squares, ties or shoes ;)
    ThacoBell
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Leucistic birds are so beautiful! We had a leucistic hummingbird in our area several years ago. So stunning!
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    This isn't my photo, but certainly shows how cool they are:

ThacoBelllolien
    That *is* cool!
    When I was little, we had ane entirely white squirrel in our neighborhood. He died very quickly to... well, what I don't know. I foud his remains. Could have been a cat or a hawk. Or... something. More of his insides were gone.

Here's a pic (not Mine)
    ZaghoulJLeeThacoBell