Skip to content

[mod] Skie - The Cost of One Girl's Soul

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Irenicus' name is first told by the Dryad who talks first ("IDRYD1.dlg"). The variable for detection "Global("NamedCaptor","AR0602",1)" is only used inside the dryads' dialogues.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
    SAY #11172 /* ~Please stay and help us! We must escape from this... this Irenicus!~ */
    IF ~Global("NamedCaptor","AR0602",0)
    !IsValidForPartyDialog("Jaheira")
    !IsValidForPartyDialog("Minsc")~ THEN REPLY #38656 /* ~The name of our captor, though we are no nearer understanding his motive.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("NamedCaptor","AR0602",1)
    ~ EXTERN ~IDRYAD2~ 15
    IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("Jaheira")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("NamedCaptor","AR0602",1)~ EXTERN ~JAHEIRAJ~ 332
    IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("Jaheira")
    IsValidForPartyDialog("Minsc")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("NamedCaptor","AR0602",1)~ EXTERN ~MINSCJ~ 85
    IF ~Global("NamedCaptor","AR0602",1)
    !IsValidForPartyDialog("Jaheira")
    !IsValidForPartyDialog("Minsc")~ THEN EXTERN ~IDRYAD3~ 2
    END
    LavaDelVortel
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Thanks! It's good to know!
  • OriganumOriganum Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    I can`t find Nem in the slums. Where is she?
    P.S. I found her 1 min after posting the comment. I looked for her everywhere and when I finally gave up and decided to leave the location then I found her standing near the exit. It happens
    Huh, I also replied to the same question yesterday :P It's on the previous page of this discussion.
    Anyway, enjoy the mod!
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hello Lava, any chance you are going to update all your mods for EET? I would be really grateful.
    Uhm, most of them work on EET. Skie does. Also, it's a bit demanding, you know. I released ~30 mods. I already have to ask for help to keep them more or less updated.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Been resting at inns for days after getting the news of Skie's revival but she has not appeared...
    That must be one of those areas:

AreaCheck("AR0021")
    AreaCheck("AR0313")
    AreaCheck("AR0314")
    AreaCheck("AR0406")
    AreaCheck("AR0509")
    AreaCheck("AR0513")
    AreaCheck("AR0514")
    AreaCheck("AR0515")
    AreaCheck("AR0522")
    AreaCheck("AR0704")
    AreaCheck("AR0709")
    AreaCheck("AR0712")
    AreaCheck("AR1105")
    AreaCheck("AR2010")
    AreaCheck("l#nd07")

Also - IIRC - that must happen before going to Spellhold.
    havent been to spellhold yet.. not sure which areas those are... I ended up just spawning her but I would like to understand better so I can get her on a later playthrough without resorting to that,
    This is the list of all areas in the original game: https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/area_lists/bg2aref.htm

It should include all original taverns you may access before Spellhold + the one I introduced in my Southern Edge mod. If you completed the quest successfuly and at least 2 days passed and you rested in a tavern, then it may be some random bug.
    well i did uninstall and reinstall skie when i realized that installing her before Xan meant I would miss out on their crossmod so its probably my own fault but yeah I rested like 6-8 days after hearing the news that she was alive.
    That's weird... anyway, I think it should be fine next time, I think it might have be something really random :) Enjoy the mod!
    iavasechui
    edited August 2018
    I will~

Okay editing here so I don't double post just some hilarious moments I wanted to share and am sorry I didn't get screencaps of.

Jaheira has just been cursed and right before she can begin her conversation with Isolde (my female charname sorceress) Skie decides to talk about herself instead XD I wish I could remember what she was talking about because that made it funnier but I just can't.

Then later on I rest outside and Skie and Isolde have a wine party which turns out to have been the wrong choice for the evening because Rhialto the Magnificent (from wild mage additions) ambushed our hungover butts XD Skie got revenge by being the one to finish him off when Minsc died and the rest of the party were running around uncontrollably thanks to failing their save vs horror.
    Post edited by iavasechui on
    lolien
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    @LavaDelVortel I've got the nitpickiest of all possible nitpicks, here: you credit Black Isle for the original Skie character in the readme, but Baldur's Gate (along with the Infinity Engine itself) was developed by Bioware (Black Isle was the publisher). Super common misconception, just wanted to make sure credit is given where it's due.
    evildevil97
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    So... how do I install this mod? I have Mac.
    That's to bad. For me. :)

But thank you for responding. I will try to fix it myself and I'll post if I solve it.
    @SamuelVarg I don't have a Mac but this is how I understood it's working:
    -You need the mod folder "SkieCost" in your game folder,
    -and a renamed weidu for mac OS (renamed to "Setup-SkieCost") (could also be obtained by renaming it from another mod),
    -and a file "Setup-SkieCost.command" that should contain the following: command_path=${0%/*} cd "$command_path" ./Setup-SkieCost
    Double-clicking the .command should then start the installation process.
    SamuelVarglolien
  • KaikayiKaikayi Member Posts: 2
    I've just tried to install this mod using the EE Tool, but there was nothing new in Irenicus's dungeon. Looking at the install log, the that part of the mod didn't install. I don't know if this is an issue with your mod or with the EE Tool but thought I would mention it. There were no error messages when installing the mod, but I think the log shows that it didn't try/succeed? at installing:

### 0010: New quest for BG2 ###
    Ready for installation
    ### 0020: Allow Skie to return as a joinable NPC ###
    Ready for installation
    Setup-SkieCost.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 10 20 --logapp
    [Setup-SkieCost.exe] WeiDU version 24600
    Using Language [English]

Do you know if I can just install the mod manually, or is that likely to break things? Or should I ask the people behind EE Tool about this instead?

Thanks!
    edited January 2019
    jastey said:

@SamuelVarg I don't have a Mac but this is how I understood it's working:
    -You need the mod folder "SkieCost" in your game folder,
    -and a renamed weidu for mac OS (renamed to "Setup-SkieCost") (could also be obtained by renaming it from another mod),
    -and a file "Setup-SkieCost.command" that should contain the following: command_path=${0%/*} cd "$command_path" ./Setup-SkieCost
    Double-clicking the .command should then start the installation process.

Thanks for the tip but I have no idea on how to do the weidu file or the command thing.
    *no idea on how to use the weido file or how to create the .command thing
    The .command is just a text file you could create with a simple text editor. For the weidu you need the executable and rename it. You could also - random example - download the osx version of bgqe, extract the package, copy the "setup-bgqe" executable and rename it.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @SamuelVarg - You can use @subtledoctor's Mac WeiDU Launcher. Just copy the SkieCost directory and t a copy of the Mac WeiDU Launcher into your game folder (the folder where the chitin.key file is location). Then, double-click the Mac WeiDU Launcher (depending on GateKeeper's settings, you might have to right click on the Mac WeiDU Launcher and select Open).

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/p1
    This might be to technical for me. But I'll try. Thank guys.
    edited January 2019
    Hello @LavaDelVortel, as k4thos kindly pointed out here, the parameters of the EET function for ToB transition needs more parameters to make Skie available at the fate spirit for a new ToB game and also it provides functionality to remove the BG1/SoD Skie from the fate spirit list automatically.
    This means, that the ~SkieCost\scripts\LockEETSkie.baf~ doesn't need to be patched to the AR4500.bcs any more and the new code for the tp2 would be:
    ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~EET/other/EET_functions.tph~
    LAF ~EET_NPC_TRANSITION~
    INT_VAR
    type = 2
    default_ToB = 1
    clean_ToB = 1
    STR_VAR
    dv = "l#2sdskie"
    override_SoA = "L#2SDSKI"
    override_ToB = "L#2SD25"
    dialog_ToB = "L#2SD25"
    cre_ToB = "L#2SD25"
    traFile = EVAL "SkieCost/translations/%LANGUAGE%/Skie.TRA"
    string = "@49"
    stringPosDV = "Sharteel"
    clean_ToB_DV = "Skie"
    END
    END ELSE BEGIN
    COMPILE ~SkieCost\dialogues\FateSp.d~ USING ~SkieCost/translations/%LANGUAGE%/Skie.TRA~
    END

Cheers!
    edited January 2019
    As far as I remember the present version works fine it's more like upgrading the mod to have the code in the tp2 rather than script patch. Eh, I may add it, but I won't tell exact date as I am drowning in work. Thanks.
    The only thing that doesn't work in the current version is the spawning of Skie via Fate Spirit for a new ToB game, I think. The other thing is just cosmetics.
  • kanemikanemi Member Posts: 31
    I am ashamed to admit that I am struggling with a portion of the quest, and was wondering if anyone would be able to assist.

[spoiler] Would anyone be able to assist me in finding a potential sacrifice? [/spoiler]

Thanks.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    kanemi wrote: »
    I am ashamed to admit that I am struggling with a portion of the quest, and was wondering if anyone would be able to assist.
    Would anyone be able to assist me in finding a potential sacrifice?

Thanks.
    they are in the west side of the slums. you'll know when you see him as he was not there before.
    Caszidykanemi
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I was just playing through this portion, and...
    There are actually 3 different people you can convince to become the sacrifice. There's Biggie on the West side of the slums, who'll agree to become the sacrifice if you pay him 5000 gold to provide for the life and future of his son. There's Bontt, up on the roof near the Temple of Ilmater, a rogue who's dying from a dagger wound but is at peace with his fate because "he's got nothing left to live for". And there's Pyll, a halfling on the East side of the slums who, in his own words, has "done some very, very bad things", but he won't elaborate on what. Either way, he's terrified that what he's done will condemn him to a horrible fate in the afterlife, and you can convince him that doing this is a way of seeking redemption.
    megamike15