Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    deltago wrote: »
    I'll make this a multiple choice question:

When is beamdog going to make an isometric role playing game that uses Dungeon and Dragons fifth edition rule set:

a) We're working on one right now!
    b) We have a licencing agreement with WotC to work on one but we haven't gotten around to it yet
    c) We would like to, but still need to work out licencing agreements with WotC
    d) When WotC releases 6e D&D
    e) soon
    f) never
    g) you mean this game (announces new game)
    h) NDA prevents us from answering this question.

edit: missed one

I guess I’ll ask this again since it wasn’t answered...
    WarChiefZekeRavenslight
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    beamdog have plans for start games in Stadia?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

When is beamdog going to make an isometric role playing game that uses Dungeon and Dragons fifth edition rule set:

b) We have a licencing agreement with WotC to work on one but we haven't gotten around to it yet
    e) soon
    f) never

This is answered in the first post of this page, under the first question.

e) soon
    f) never

This is answered in the first post of this page, under the first question.

It isn’t really. You asked next game.. I am asking specifically when a genre of game is being made of at all.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It IS answered. "When is beamdog going to make an isometric role playing game that uses Dungeon and Dragons fifth edition rule set" - "I don’t know for sure, yet! There are a few new things we’re currently looking at, all of which are very exciting, but I’m afraid there isn’t much we can say at this point."
    Q: Next game: DnD? Another board game (Netrunner, Murder City,Human Interface Nakamura Tower, Monastyr, Call of Cthulhu, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire,Night's Black Agents)? Non-DnD RPG? If it’s an RPG, isometric or no? Unreal, Unity, something different?

Was the question asked. He isn’t sure what the next project/game is yet (which is discouraging). There are a few things they are looking at (not working on) but doesn’t want to say what they are looking at which was my question:

Are they looking at making a 5e DnD game?

If so, how far along are they (got IP rights? In the process of getting IP rights? Have IP rights but put everything on the back burner for NWN and A&A? Or not interested? Can’t get the rights? What? That’s the question, and it wasn’t answered unless they can’t say (NDA) was the answer, but it reads like they can’t say what Beamdog’s next project is which wasn’t my question.

A yes or no would also suffice: Yes we would love to work on a new 5e DND game. No we don’t want to work on a new DND game, and they can leave out the why if they want.
    realshemp
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    So...

That last blog confirmed that we won't see 2.6 for quite a while still (as it mentioned that the DCA stuff would be first on display on some kind of events, and the the DCA stuff would be released alongside 2.6).

It also confirmed that the horrible pathfinding issues that 2.5 brought in aren't going to be fixed in 2.6. So... Pathfinding is going to be broken until 2022? :(
    AdullefreutKilivitz
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited March 2019
    "We have a team of dedicated QA who are testing all of the builds, logging bugs, performing regression testing, and confirming both functionality and bug fixes on a daily basis. All of the development team are responsible for fixing the bugs on the features that they work on. The “New” status in the public bug tracker isn’t a measurement of time in the tracker, but an indication of whether an issue has been triaged and escalated. If a bug is listed as “New”, it means it’s still in the queue to be triaged."

To everyone @Beamdog,

Thank you for this detailed answer to my question. It has reaffirmed my belief and faith in your company. Please take as much time as you need to properly exterminate any bugs in your triage queue. I'll even bring a fresh bottle of Jack Daniels Old No. 7 Barbecue Sauce to provide for the "smoke test". Maybe, I could stop in California and pick up a friend (she works in the Medical field) named Mary Jane on the way there. Then, we can have a real smoke test. :lol:
    I will also ask:

What project is this image (screengrabbed from the website) from?

6rhsombe806j.jpg

That image puts me in mind of an RPG I used to play in the mid-to-late 90's called Deadlands, by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. In the past, they have crossed gaming platforms with Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Call of Cthulhu. The big baddie with a bank vault in its grip bears a strong resemblance to old Squid-Head. The undead-looking figure beneath it involved in a shootout with a cowpoke could very well be a walkin' dead, or a "harrowed". Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    deltagololien
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Just out of curiosity, which category of the Triage system would Bug #37442 be assigned to?
    did you give a problem with the console version? I'm not seeing the possibility of testing the game on PAX
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/22/playstation-at-pax-east-heres-what-were-up-to/
    anastiel wrote: »
    did you give a problem with the console version? I'm not seeing the possibility of testing the game on PAX
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/22/playstation-at-pax-east-heres-what-were-up-to/

I don't know why they don't mention it in the article, but you will be able to try the demo of BG:EE for PS4 and Switch if you come to the Skybound Games' booth at PAX East (Booth #12178):

https://www.skybound.com/games/conventions/skybound-at-pax-east-2019
    anastiellolien
    Console games: digital only? Or will there be physical copies as well?
    anastiel
    edited March 2019
    Console games: digital only? Or will there be physical copies as well?

According to the Skybound Games' article, "More details about what fans can expect with these upcoming console releases, including specific platforms and box contents, will be unveiled in the coming months."

Also, this:

anastielAerakarStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Will there be "official" mod support for the console releases? And I don't just mean fan created NwN:EE modules here.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited March 2019
    Never got a response about True Type Fonts the last several times I asked. I guess it's time to give up on NWN and answers :disappointed:. Edit: I was wrong.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    anastiel
    Never got a response about True Type Fonts the last several times I asked. I guess it's time to give up on NWN and answers :disappointed:.

This is actually answered:

The next patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is not quite ready. As we mentioned in December, once we started on the renderer and 64-bit integration in earnest, that became our main focus. We have a team dedicated to the renderer, and the 64-bit merge has happened, but we’ve got a road ahead of us before we’re going to be able to put a bow on it and make it public, as the console branch requires us to spend time adding controller support, to spend time cleaning up some long-overdue UI problems, and other changes that will have far-reaching benefits in the long run.

According to the plans in December, the next stable patch for NWN:EE will come out with new main menu art, Steam achievements, bug fixes and features, including True Type Font support, keyholing, and fine UI scaling.

So, True Type Fonts will come to NWN:EE, but because there is no new patch (and there is no new patch because all the efforts are on substantial changes to NWN:EE - the renderer and 64-bit integration; green-lighting a smaller patch (before the big work is completed) would mean spending QA and dev resources), True Type Fonts will happen later.
    themazingnessanastiel
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited March 2019
    Ugh, sorry. And awesome! The whole reason I need them is also the reason I managed to overlook this lol. Thanks :smiley:
    JuliusBorisovBelegCuthalion
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Prince_Raymond I appreciate the gesture, but were it just a matter of file extension, I could easily open the file in MS Paint and save it as BMP ;) The reason I’m asking Beamdog for the original BMP file is that it is of a higher quality than a JPG.

While we’re talking portraits—IIRC, Beamdog once released an earlier version of Edwin’s BG portrait, but I don’t think it has ever been officially included in the games as selectable. Is that planned?

Appreciate it’s super easy to add it manually but since it’s out there...

Last but not least—is the portrait pack DLC coming to the Beamdog store/client?
    anastielAdulPrince_Raymond
    5. Are there any additional bug fixes in the console versions if compared to the PC/mobile ports (eg. better pathfinding)?

LUKE: There have been lots of additional bug fixes, including a significant amount of work on pathfinding, which was an absolute necessity for the implementation of analog party control.
    https://www.beamdog.com/news/beamdog-q-april-2019/
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited April 2019
    Could someone post a video of the pathfinding issues they are having? The pathfinding has literaly been the best its ever been for me.

@JuliusBorisov Since the new post once again doesn't address my question: When will Beamdog resolve the lingering SoulTaker plot thread?
    StummvonBordwehrMERLANCE
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    So when is AAO coming out already? Really looking forward to it!
    JuliusBorisovTorgrimmer