Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    @subtledoctor
    Thank you, I did as you said and everything installed. Today I want to play with the new bard.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    lefreut wrote: »
    LeUI overwrites the UI.menu file so it must be installed before any mod that patches the UI otherwise you will lose the changes these mods made.

Thanks for the confirmation!

So, that means LeUI should be installed before any mod that uses the spell-learning UI. Which right now, means Tome & Blood, Might & Guile, and Shadow Magic (EDIT - and Deities of Faerun, and Faiths & Powers).

Realistically the safest bet is probably to install LeUI early before any Weidu mods. Smaller-scale UI patches like this are only likely to become more common.

There also SCS that can patch the UI.

Yes now that mods start to patch the UI, full UI mods that overwrite the UI.menu should go early in the install order.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    kjeron wrote: »
    Icezera wrote: »
    Also seems like a previous poster stumbled on this issue and am guessing it's because we both have lefreut's ui (SOD).
    Any plans for compatibility or should I just go ahead and reinstall without the ui? Is it ok to modify the feedback box only then since that's what I really liked.
    Lefreut's UI mod completely overwrites UI.menu.
    Have you tried installing Lefreut's UI first, then MnG?

Still doesn't work, unfortunately. Tried the latest LeUI than M&G and feats still don't show up :(
  • IcezeraIcezera Member Posts: 20
    Having some trouble with the bard spellcasting. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Garrick uses initialize bard spellcasting and then daily spellcasting preparation. The cast spell button is still unable to be clicked for me.
  • d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    southfla79 wrote: »
    kjeron wrote: »
    Icezera wrote: »
    Also seems like a previous poster stumbled on this issue and am guessing it's because we both have lefreut's ui (SOD).
    Any plans for compatibility or should I just go ahead and reinstall without the ui? Is it ok to modify the feedback box only then since that's what I really liked.
    Lefreut's UI mod completely overwrites UI.menu.
    Have you tried installing Lefreut's UI first, then MnG?

Still doesn't work, unfortunately. Tried the latest LeUI than M&G and feats still don't show up :(

I can report the same. The icons don't show up (but I can click the invisible feats), even if m&g is installed after LeUI.

Additionally, if LeUI is installed early, SCS fails to install. @lefreut
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2019
    "Daily Preparation" is meant to be used before sleeping; it gives you memorization slots in your spellbook. Fill them with some spells, then sleep. A couple seconds after waking up, you won't have any slots and you will be able to cast spells.

After that you can sleep and cast as normal, like a sorcerer. You only need to use the "Daily Preparation" ability if you want to change your memorized spells.

Maybe it should be called "Evening Spell Preparation?"

That would help. I assumed you did it at the start of the day since daily means you do it for that day, not doing it ahead of time.

Edit: I am trying to do as you told me. Using "Daily Preparation" before sleeping. However, the skill doesn't seem to do anything and does not give Garrick any memorization slots. The spellbook stubbornly stays at 0/0 memorized.
    Post edited by Icezera on
    edited March 2019
    Was about to report this as well. Was messing around with a Gallant Kit. Same outcome - used the daily prep, cast animation fired but nothing happened. I recall a prior version the spell selection window popped up to pick the spells I wanted to memorize.

Scratch that. Figured out what I was doing wrong.
    southfla79 wrote: »
    Was about to report this as well. Was messing around with a Gallant Kit. Same outcome - used the daily prep, cast animation fired but nothing happened. I recall a prior version the spell selection window popped up to pick the spells I wanted to memorize.

Scratch that. Figured out what I was doing wrong.

Mind telling me what? Still struggling to make it work
    Will take a minute...flipping back and forth...

Click the Initiate Bardic Spell Casting.
    Go to spell book, pick spells to memorize
    go to innates, click daily spell prep. (believe this is only needed when you want to change spell line up)
    Give the game a second or two to run the magic script. spell cast icon should be workable

edited March 2019
    Maybe the game isn't keeping track of his slots correctly? Leveling up generally fixes that.

Oh, also, I don't know what kevel he is. Keep in in mind that bards don't get spell slots until 2nd level.

FML. Since Bards are now multiclass I assume it's tied to his mage level? If so, he was level 1. That's why.

Edit: Sorry to keep bothering you guys about this but I've found that the spells last only in that area after you wake up. After I transition to another area using the worldmap, Garrick can once again no longer use his spells. I have to do the whole "daily preparation" and then rest to get spellcasting back.

Is there like a 24 hour limit on his spells? That's the only thing I can think of. Or just the script not firing for some reason.

Edit2: Ok, now I'm not sure what the issue is. Sometimes the transition breaks the spells, sometimes it does not. Oh well.
    Post edited by Icezera on
    edited March 2019
    No need subtle. After multiple testing attempts, I realized it was because one of the spells Garrick had was mage armor. SCS ai for Garrick has it so that mages reapply that whenever it drops. Since it doesn't last for very long hours, it was being cast as soon as I transitioned to another area with the world map. The travel time made it so that the spell wore off, and then Garrick would cast it super fast. After some times, he would have no spells left and it would register as being unable to cast spells.

Furthermore, I thought I was losing spells since I would sometimes be able to cast spells of higher levels but he actually isn't supposed to be able to cast them yet, being too low level. Thus, an area transition 'updated' him and removed those higher level spells from being castable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    oh, I was wondering why it said dart proficiency when I checked things out in nearinfinity.

Not a bug report, just curious....how are you defining max# of spells and spells per day? It's generally done through the tpa files but I'm guessing you're not using those?
    edited March 2019
  • d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    @subtledoctor

Even if lefreut's UI is installed before M&G 4 beta 3, your mod does not correctly patch it. There is no error but the icons and text for your feats does not show up. They are clickable but invisible.

DavidW just updated SCS with compatibility for lefreut's ui if it is installed before SCS. Maybe you could look at his solution?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    d2freak wrote: »
    Even if lefreut's UI is installed before M&G 4 beta 3, your mod does not correctly patch it. There is no error but the icons and text for your feats does not show up. They are clickable but invisible.
    @subtledoctor I'm guessing this is the same issue as from TnB - the spells themselves don't have a name or icon, particularly if the spells are there and functional.
    The icons have nothing to do with the sequencer tool or MnG. For reason's you'll have to ask lefreut, his UI is renaming the Icon resref, turning this:
    D5_RFA1

into this:
    D5_RFAB

which doesn't exists.
    The ability name is broken here (200_feats.tpa):
    GET_STRREF %kitlist_name% kit_name_strref
    //			SPRINT feat_select_string /* @___ */ ~Feat Selection~
    //			SET feat_select_strref = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~Feat Selection~) 
    			SPRINT feat_select_name ~%kit_name_strref% %feat_select_string%~
    			SET kit_seq_name = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~%feat_select_name%~) 
    			SET kit_seq_tip = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~%feat_select_name%~)

%feat_select_string% is never set, so it evaluates to itself, which ends up being the abilities actual name, so that's what get's displayed in the sequencer menu. The right-clicked descriptions are working fine for me, however.
    edited March 2019
    Oh yeah, I forgot to change those strings. The icon renaming thing is weird though. How can it do that if the UI mod is installed first?
    It renames the icons through the UI as it displays them:
    icon lua "bookSpells[4 * rowNumber - 3].icon:sub(1, -2) .. 'B'"

I guess it's trying to replace the spellbook icon (-C) with the actionbar icon (-B), but such only works if the spell's icons follow that naming convention.
    I think if you rename the icons (and reference) from "D5_RFA1" to "D5_RFA1B" it should work. The engine expects spells to have "iconB" exist, so it's not without precedence, it's just not normally necessary in the sequencer/contingency screen.
    Post edited by kjeron on
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ThacoBell
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @subtledoctor spells have multiple icons: the 'C' version that is used in the spellbook and the 'B' version (the one with a stone background) that used to be used in spell description and in contingency screens. My mod restore this behavior.

The problems are:
    1) the engine only expose the name of the 'C' icon.
    2) you can't test in the UI if a bam exists or not.

As I have no better way, I choose to do this blind replacement. I can add a check to ensure that the last letter is a 'C'.
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    This mod is absolutely awesome. My only question is how do I get companion rogues to get feats? When I tried with imoen nothing happened.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor The Agent kit doesn't seem to work. I just generated my character and he memorizes and casts spells as a normal wizard. Regular slots and no level delay. No bardic inspirations either.