• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I can't open it or download it. :(
  • Mana85Mana85 Member Posts: 3
    It actually looks great :-), thank you
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • blinkdogblinkdog Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2019
    Age progression of Twinshadow by Rachel Cronk

She also did a bunch of BG:EE/PoE portraits over at ArtStation too. Well worth checking out for elf and half-elf players.
    That one with the kara-turian dot-eyebrows looks especially well done.

Hey look, its me -- thanks for the shout out haha.

on the off chance, anyone feel up to baldurizing me? I never thought to try myself hmm (i dont have very many high quality photos of myself though)
    mnap84obn49d.jpg
    Post edited by blinkdog on
    Smoke_JaguarlolienJuliusBorisovDev6
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Has anyone ever found or made a kobold portrait for BG? And no, much as I love Deekin, his image doesn't count.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Elrandir I made a demihuman charame thread awhile ago to share rp ideas, portraits, stat blocks, etc for running unconventional charnames here. There really aren't many (good) kobold portraits for BG. But you might find a couple that could work wiht just a little tweaking.
    JuliusBorisovlolienElrandir
    @ThacoBell Awesome! I actually found a really good one via google image search. As soon as I get it converted into BG portrait format I'll post it here and there both.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2019
    The one portrait that always looked a bit off to me, was Nalia's Portrait, to me the shadow around her eyes look like she got blackeyed, and her hair has all those tassles and pearls, that don't fit her at all, unfortunatly she is also probably the least used NPC in the game, so she is not a popular character to get alternate portraits.

In TOB, the portrait don't fit her either, she made some growth between SOA and TOB, and used her nobleship to argue politics, so would it not make sense to give her a more noblewomanly look?

I know she also is a tomboyish adventurer which can handle a bow, so i'm aware what the artist was going for.

I really like this portrait's face, faithful yet a lot better, unfortunatly her hair is quite boring here.

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/editor/gq/utoeu75mgerd.png

I also really like the hair on this Enkida portrait

https://www.deviantart.com/enkida/art/BG2-Nalia-269217930

It's looks quite noblewomanly

so the perfect solution would be to combine the hair from enkida with the face from the other portrait.

Or Make an entirely new portrait with the same colors.

Post edited by Jimstrom on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Jimstrom wrote: »
    I really like this portrait's face, faithful yet a lot better, unfortunatly her hair is quite boring here.

I'm in the minority that actually likes Nalia. That portrait is the one I always use for her.
  • JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 98
    Jimstrom wrote: »

I'm in the minority that actually likes Nalia. That portrait is the one I always use for her.

I really like her too, she is a flawed, but interesting npc, and a really good mage, who unfortunatly has to live in the shadow of Imoen far too often.
    ThacoBellMirandel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Isandir

I really hate the game's art style. Whenever I install BG/BG2 the first thing I do is remove the XP Cap, the second one is replacing everyone's portraits.

That being said I must say that your work is so damn good that for the first time I want to use the game's original art just to blend your portraits better.

That, sir, is a damn miracle. I'm quite surprised I haven't seemed any of these before.

Congratulations!
    AerakarlolienIsandir
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Isandir do you have half-orc portraits under your sleeve?
    AerakarFina92
  • illidqnillidqn Member Posts: 1
    Finally a great portrait for the canonical protagonist Abdel Adrian!
    Your creations are the most flavorful I’ve seen in the style of original portaits.
    Now I'm dreaming of an Isandir mod that would give a portrait for the most important characters of the games (Tazok, the Dukes, Mae'Var, Aran Linvail, and more…).
    I will pay for it!
    RodrianRaduzielAerakar
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    illidqn wrote: »
    Tazok, the Dukes, Mae'Var, Aran Linvail, and more…

good idea. the list of important characters is quite extensive however.
  • Chris724Chris724 Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys! This just so happens to be my first post on this site, just made an account after years of lurking. I love all of the portraits I have seen so far. I do have a request for @Isandir but I have already submitted it through your website. If you haven’t received it, I can submit it here as well, but I don’t want to be a nuisance.
    AedanAerakarProontlolien
    I figure I’ll go ahead and post this here, just for the heck of it. @Isandir I absolutely adore the alternate Imoen portrait you created, and I would love to use it for my PC. The model looks just different enough from default Imoen that they truly look like they could be sisters, and that definitely helps with immersion. However, like you, I’m kind of a stickler for portraits to match the style of the game, so it doesn’t quite fit with BG2. If you could take this portrait and make a similar one in the BG2 style, I would greatly appreciate it. For reference, this is the portrait I am referring to. http://isandir.com/imoen/
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    That picture was designed for Imoen? :o I've been using it as a Safana alternative for ages! :P
    Chris724AstroBryGuyThacoBell
    I like it because it looks like Imoen, but not completely since it’s a different model. She looks like she could be her sister, which is what I’m going for. I also have a headcanon that the two are so close that Imoen started wearing purple and learning thief skills because of my PC, who is a Swashbuckler. It also is a nice addition that Melissa Disney, Imoen’s VA had a PC voice set that sounds exactly like an older, more experienced Imoen. I have a whole backstory and RP plan I’m still working on for the trilogy, but those are just the basics.
    DJKajuruProont
  • coffin_nailercoffin_nailer Member Posts: 16
    @Isandir Holy smokes that looks great! I love that added detail with the scar. Thanks for doing this, I really appreciate it :smiley:
    RaduzielChris724Aerakar
    Does anyone have or know of Lord of the Rings portraits in BG 1, 2, or IWD style? I'm planning on running the fellowship through IWD soon.
    Aerakar
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    blinkdog wrote: »
    on the off chance, anyone feel up to baldurizing me? I never thought to try myself hmm (i dont have very many high quality photos of myself though)
    mnap84obn49d.jpg

This is completely off-topic, and two months late, but I just have to say it. That's an impressive septum piercing you've got there. You go, girl!
    Someone should certainly baldurize you. I would if I could, but I can't so I shan't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Aerakar
  • blinkdogblinkdog Member Posts: 32
    Dev6 wrote: »
    blinkdog wrote: »
    mnap84obn49d.jpg

This is completely off-topic, and two months late, but I just have to say it. That's an impressive septum piercing you've got there. You go, girl!
    Someone should certainly baldurize you. I would if I could, but I can't so I shan't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

haha thanks man, it's a doorknocker alright. I'll cross my fingers for a portrait some day, or get around to it myself eventually haha. Thanks for the thought though!
    Dev6God
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    How is that a selfie?

It's a darn nice looking cosplay, I agree with you on that! But it doesn't qualify as a selfie if he's not holding the camera himself.
    JuliusBorisovWise_GrimwaldSanctifer