Skip to content

BGII:EE and IWD:EE are back on Google Play

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Update from July, 10:

Hello everyone!

The games have returned!

BGII:EE - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition&hl=en
IWD:EE - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beamdog.icewinddale

And they should have reappeared in the purchase history.

From day 1, we promised the games would return, and they now return. The 2.6 patch is under QA, so everything will be done according to https://www.beamdog.com/news/beamdog-update-july-2019/

Thanks to everyone for your waiting and trust.

Old post:
Hello, everyone!

For some reason Google Play doesn't show BG2 and IWD - https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=7181203960062069413&hl=en

We're already investigating and will post an update.

Edit: An update from April, 3.
An update from July, 2.

Edit (by @Tresset ): We understand that this is a frustrating situation for people, but any discussion/advocacy of software piracy is against site rules and will be dealt with accordingly.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
AedanSkatanmaztehmanGusindadosentti666RathenauZackelCrevsDaakfetito666Doubledimasgorgonzola

Comments

• Juro66Juro66 Member Posts: 1
    Any news here please?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hi there! Getting the games back will take some time, but it'll happen. We're working with Google.
    ElysianEchoesPrince_Raymondlost1
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @ElysianEchoes Meanwhile, the families of all 3 grandchildren will appear on the next episode of Dr. Phil to resolve the issues within their relationships. Stay tuned. :tongue:

Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    ElysianEchoeslost1
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Word has it that a small unmarked box was found in a certain TSR corner office with an anonymous severed third pinky knuckle inside. But will it be enough?

@Prince_Raymond , didn't I see a commercial saying Jerry Springer would be a guest host on the next Dr Phil, also?
    Prince_Raymond
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    The severed digit, however, was merely a ploy in order for one of the chairmen at TSR to stage a coup. Upon discovering the digit, the person behind him said, "WOT you C there, buddy?", inciting a corporate hostile takeover. With the company devoid of any leadership, it was left vulnerable and open for buyout by Wizards Of The Coast, who promptly made their move and acquired TSR.

@ElysianEchoes I think I also saw a commercial mentioning both Steve Wilkos and Dan Peterson would be on set as Security Backup.
    ElysianEchoes
    edited March 2019
    Come now, @Prince_Raymond , that's just silly. TSR is still a solvent company . . . *does a Google search*

Oh . . . Now there's time travel involved?! What does CERN have to do with this?

On topic: I deleted BG from my tablet to make room for IWD. I'm suffering from reroll withdrawal ?
    Prince_Raymond
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It will return to Google Play.
    dosentti666Reame
  • RodgerBilesRodgerBiles Member Posts: 1
    What's that? Vouchers for a discount or free copy of NWN:EE?
    ElysianEchoesReametitanium_wolf
  • JANT19294JANT19294 Member Posts: 6
    I learned hex coding for this when i was 7. Since then I've played through BG with 18 individual characters from original 6 disc release in '98, online downlads (steam), and now mobile. 20 years with no (or very small, easily remedied) problems then Google breaks it.
    lost1
  • LosterLoster Member Posts: 4
    It will return to Google Play.

Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...
    Reamelost1
  • dereederee Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    Ladies and gentlemen, the BG2 EE homepage says "available for PC, Mac an Ipad". It looks like android ist not listed as supported platform anymore. I hope that I am wrong tbh.
    Reame
    https://www.baldursgateii.com/buy.html

The games will return, it just takes time (submission periods and all).
    Rathenau
  • thomasopthomasop Member Posts: 1
    What is app submission review time in Google Play Store and App Store.? Google Play Store: If your app doesn't get banned then it will be published within a few hours. Usually that's under 2 hours with the quickest turnaround under 45 minutes (submissions during week-ends get approved slower).22 ene. 2018
    ReameRathenau
    The games will 100% return.

A problem happened with certain links between Google Play and our store pages not working. Now we have to do a whole new build/submission to get the games back up. This is a bit difficult at the moment (for the same reason the 2.6 patch has been delayed). Right at this moment I'm afraid it will take more than a few weeks.
  • ReameReame Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    The games will 100% return.

Right at this moment I'm afraid it will take more than a few weeks.

Some questions for @JuliusBorisov or anyone who can answer me from Beamdog. TY

1: If i buy that game in past, and you upload it to GooglePlay "as a new game" now, it will remember my payment? Cause i dont have any info on Gplay about that payment. Only recept on mail i think...

2: More than few weeks? can we get some temporary links to download it? I know it's (maybe) not your fault but i pay for something what i don't have access to it?

I'm not happy with this types of shops. It's only on internet, you can redownload it everytime...but you cannot...Some APK and app data for future will be good if this happens often will be good.
    lost1
    It should remember your payment, of course.
    Temporary links to downloadable files are not an option, as that would mean piracy.
    I, and everyone else at Beamdog, understand your frustrations. We're frustrated as well.
    Reame
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I'm just glad/hoping it wasn't permanent. I would be upset if BG were pulled. I would be in tears if BG2 were pulled. I remember when it first came out, and I feel the same way now as I did then about it. It's the best one of the whole series.

I'm not cut out for iOS, so I'm holding a candle up while you all get BG2 back on the Play store.
    JuliusBorisovlost1
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    edited March 2019
    Ha! I'm glad I waited to decide on my next game. I was considering which 3.0 game to try first just last week. I decided on IWD only to find it gone. I'd not be happy if it broke the day after I opened it. Went with NWN, thanks for updated information JuliusBorisov, I'll be waiting.

Edit: oh nuts! Am I confused again? IWD is 3.0, right? I've been suffering from information overload lately.
    Post edited by shabadoo on
    @shabadoo IWD is 2nd Ed, but IWD2 was 3rd Ed.
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Got it, thanks
  • CriminogenesisCriminogenesis Member Posts: 11
    Your customer support forwarded me here to post about compensation for momentary loss of access.
    Right now you have my money and I have nothing.

What is the current plan around this?
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I seriously hope it's going to be faster than months. I too have uninstalled the game to remove some mods and found it gone from the play store. This is very frustrating because I only had it for a few weeks and I don't have a PC for the Windows version (and that would mean paying again for a game I already bought).

I hope that Beamdog is working hard to find and solve the problem.
    Rathenau
    Can we get an update on this?

A couple of weeks is not an acceptable timeframe to withhold a product I purchased. Can we start getting refunds or can you explain what compensation will be given for the down time.
    Rathenau

A couple of weeks is not an acceptable timeframe to withhold a product I purchased. Can we start getting refunds or can you explain what compensation will be given for the down time.

Wouldn't a refund need to go through Google? It wasn't Beamdog that took the games down..

Wouldn't a refund need to go through Google? It wasn't Beamdog that took the games down..

It's outside of the default Google refund time and with the game removed from purchase history, it makes it more complicated. Also, they stated that the problem was caused by links between google play and the beamdog store, so we can't say for certain if its googles fault. At the end of the day, Beamdog are the one holding my money, so they need to make it right.

If beamdog at least comment on here and state that they approve of people getting refunds, it makes it much easier to email google and ask for one.
    MarkovichIDNRathenauDavelfus
  • dacatdacat Member Posts: 1
    Still waiting to redownload IWD, and wondering if I'd be throwing more money away buying BG. Would that just go down next week, or month, then stay down for an indefinite period of time?
  • MarkovichIDNMarkovichIDN Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    Wow is this a modern day scam?
    First of all my purchase history of BGII disappear from google, now the homepage not even mention the game ONCE available in android.
    It's getting more and more suspicious.
    Oh yeah FYI, I have White day, the korean horor game, I got it for free once and suddenly they remove it from the play store because of a certain error BUT it didn't erase my purchase history and I still CAN able to play it until NOW. Eventhough they reupload a new link to the game because the one before was deleted.
    New update: Now the 404 link of the BGII in Play store also disappear from Google (I can't find it, it didn't return the BGII playstore result), last week I still got the link when I search it on google, even if it was 404.
  • MscheepbouwerMscheepbouwer Member Posts: 2
    Hi, in having the same issue as you guys. I can wait a while no problems, but would like to know when it gets uploaded again.
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    New update: Now the 404 link of the BGII in Play store also disappear from Google (I can't find it, it didn't return the BGII playstore result), last week I still got the link when I search it on google, even if it was 404.
    The link is still on the buy page: https://www.baldursgateii.com/buy.html