Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge Continues! The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'll fire too. And shout.

OOC Not obscene stuff, it wouldn't be appropriate for a knight :)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Alora clocks him in the head, while Mazzy misses. Next, it's Alora's turn to miss, and Mazzy's to hit. The man sways, falls over the edge of the crow's neck, and hits the deck with a messy splatter.

Shorties for the win! The Crossbow comes down, too, and it doesn't survive the drop.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Low-fives Mazzy! Low-fives!
    jhart1018rufus_hobart
    Shall we go and check the right hand cabin now? Or should we check the rest of the deck for lurking pirates?
    Better safe than sorry. Let´s start with the cabins while someone guards the access to the other decks.

OOC how many are there anyway? One access only or more?
    OOC I think there were four doors. One just goes up to the poop deck and we've done the one on the centre in the left. I think there are centre right and outside right still to do.
    I'll guard the center one. Branwen and Minsc could guard the others while You and Imoen take a look at the last door here.
    Actually, the two you were in were the only cabins on this side at that level. Both middle doors lead to stairs going down. But there is the forecastle side of the ship with three doors.
    Okay, I'll go forward, moving silently and hiding in the shadows and check for more pirate snipers lurking around or up another mast. If I don't see anyone I will call everyone else forward.
    Hmmm too many doors to guard them all... Ill stand guard outside whatever room the rogues decide to investigate.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I'll go with Alora and help her.
    Alora is very happy to have Imoen at her side. And very glad that the two of them didn't have to fight in the rigging against the pirate.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Sniffing, Minsc remarked, "Behind doors, we find evil, Boo. Sometimes." There could be a dragon in there. Or a nymph. Or, maybe, ham. Ham was tasty, and was one of Minsc's favorite foods.
    (At work, so this will be quick) There are no more pirates or smugglers on the deck. Just three doors- the one most landward is to your right. There is nothing to set the doors apart.
    Eeny, meany, miney mo. Catch a kobold by his toe. If he squeals let him go. Eeny, meany, miney, mo.

We'll go for mo. The one on the left.
    FredjomlneveseCommunard
    Choosing the one on the 'left', Minsc strode confidently to the door on the right and called out, "Stand back, Evil! Hero coming through." He then gave the door a sharp kick so as to catch the evil by surprise. Butt-kicking for goodness was about to begin, again!
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    Branwen holds her shield out in front of her, walking behind the sneaky duo. When Minsc kicked the door in, she put her sling back on her belt and drew her hammer, prepared to throw herself into the fray.
    Alora scurries to the back of the group. When Minsc is being heroic it is best to keep out of the way.
    Imoen agrees with Alora and moves to the back of the group by the casters. If Minsc looks at her funny, Imoen shrugs and says "Easier to put an arrow into the backside of evil when I can see the whole thing."
    OOC: Well I'm off to work, and most likely won't be home till 10pm Central, and I don't know if I will be back on at all
    jhart1018 said:

Imoen agrees with Alora and moves to the back of the group by the casters. If Minsc looks at her funny, Imoen shrugs and says "Easier to put an arrow into the backside of evil when I can see the whole thing."

I agree with Imoen. We don't want to see the crescent, we want to see the whole of the moon.

I will be withholding fire until we encounter the Buttocks of Evil (or a pirate, whichever comes first)
    DM Contemplates making a joke, butt decides not to (well, only a little one... don't want to make an ass of myself!).

You have obviously entered the galley. There is a crude metal stove (unlit) against the hull beneath the porthole. It has an adjustable metal chimney which can be placed through the porthole when it is opened. Beside the stove is an open metal bin containing sticks of wood kindling, and beside this is a large wood table bolted firmly to the deck with a thick top criss-crossed with score marks. The table has a single large drawer.

Hanging from hooks set into the hull above the table are two iron frying pans, two saucepans and a skillet. Set against the bulkhead opposite is a large cask which seems to be full of a clear liquid. Besides this stands a wooden cupboard. Against the bulkhead beside the forward door is a wooden upright chair, while hanging from the center of the deck above is an unlit, hooded lantern. The room is approximately 12' by 14' or so at its widest point. There is a single door leading forward.
    Fell down at work today, feeling very sore and tired, so I think I am going to sleep for a bit.
    "Dinner time, Boo?" Or was it evil food? The type that could turn heroes to evil? That would be a travesty - Boo and Minsc, Hamsters and Blackguards would never do.
    The single door probably leads to the larder. Imoen checks the single door for traps out of sheer paranoia and will unlock it if it's locked. Before opening it, she'll listen for any telltale signs of nervous smuggler cooks wielding large knives.
    LadyRhian said:

Fell down at work today, feeling very sore and tired, so I think I am going to sleep for a bit.

OOC Sorry to hear you took a tumble. Hope you are feeling better.
    "Why does little one take so much time to open door. Give it a kick, and see what comes out!" Minsc was trying to help Imoen become more of a hero, although she would admittedly need to eat more egg to make that happen. And more ham, a delicacy which was sadly lacking on this Ship of Evil.
    Still sore. We have a concrete floor under a thin layer of carpet.
    LadyRhian said:

Still sore. We have a concrete floor under a thin layer of carpet.

Ouch!

OOC: Oww, well hope you feel better soon.

"Calm my big friend. She knows what she is doing. We should leave her to her task. It will not do for a warrior to fall to such cowardly tactic like traps." Branwen said, walking into the room. She glanced around the room suspiciously, expecting the cowardly pirates to be lurking near by.
    mlnevese