Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge Continues! The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

Comments

• MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    I'll give a small chuckle, at Imoen's comment, and follow in after the other two, letting them do what ever they do. I'll look at the table, glancing over it but not touch, exactly yet.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    "Pirate ships always teem with evil and decay," Minsc pointed out, hoping to help Branwen's investigation of the table. He then fluffed his new cloak and wondered how fearful he would be to the forces of evil. Probably very, he concluded.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'll keep a close watch on the rogues, just in case someone decides to jump from somewhere on their backs.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Permidion_Stark But his ghost is around... hope Branwen's turn undead is powerful enough :)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The fruit in the bowl is fresh. The liquid in the carafe is wine- a very good wine. But then, I guess smugglers can afford the best.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2012
    I'm going to check the table itself. Any hidden drawers? You said it is 'apparently' bolted to the floor. I'll check to see if it really is.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Imoen briefly victory dances to commemorate making Branwen chuckle. Then she carries on searching the room with Alora.
    Yes, it is bolted to the floor quite strongly.
    edited October 2012
    Time to check another room I think. I'll look through the hatch that was under the bearskin rug and leads into the room below and I'll listen to see if I can hear anyone moving about.
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    After the sneaky ones, finish there search, I'll fall them out, and stay near Alora, when she investigates the hatch, hammer at the ready.
    The cabin below seems to occupy half the stern section of the ship, with one bulkhead running along the center line of the ship, like on the deck above. Along this bulkhead, leading upwards in the direction of the bow, is an enclosed companion way. At its foot a door in the central bulkhead seems to lead to the other part of the stern section. On a peg on this door hangs a dark blue cloak.

A single bunk, the bed-linen heaped into an untidy pile, is set against the hull under the porthole. At its foot is a brass-bound wooden sea chest, its lid closed. Under the bunk is a brass box, also closed.

In the center of the cabin is a plain wooden table bolted to the deck. On it are two books, one open and propped against the other. Beside the table is a wooden chair. Hanging from the center of the deck above is a single unlit, hooded lantern.

Just aft of the hook which carries the lantern is the hatch you are peering through- which is very apparent from this side.

The cabin appears to be unoccupied.
    I'll go down into the cabin then wait until Branwen or MInsc comes down as well then I will start checking for secret doors and traps.
    If there's a ladder, I'll climb down. If it's just a drop, I'll lower myself down as carefully and quietly as possible. Before I go, though, I take my dagger out of my belt, just in case there's a good hider down here... Assuming nothing nasty leaps out and attacks, I'll examine the chest and the brass box. I'll check for traps, disarm any I find, pick locks, the usual. If I get a weird feeling about either of them, I'll call Alora over to help investigate.
    lol... Or I'll help Alora. :)
    Okay so the two of us will check the room, including the walls and floors, while the fighty people stand guard.
    If they hear screaming, hopefully, they'll drop in. :)
    OOC Yay! 100 likes badge.
    The chest is not locked nor trapped. Inside is some clothing and a pair of old leather boots in need of a good oiling to keep the leather fresh. You find a brass box under the bed. Imoen finds herself unable to open the lock, but Alora manages it. It's full of silver pieces- 500 of them. The two books are "Principles of Navigation" by Da Korma (the open book) and "Legal Distinctions in Letters of Marque" by someone named Tazaar.

Alora also discovers a small room behind a secret door, cunningly hidden as the stern part of the cabin wall. Inside are eight packages wrapped in oilskins and tied with rope, seemingly thrown in at random.
    How big are the packages?
    About 2' long or so, some longer than that, and about 1' to 1 1/2' wide.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited October 2012

How big are the packages?

LadyRhian said:

About 2' long or so, some longer than that, and about 1' to 1 1/2' wide.

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Xan casts Cold Shower on Kivan's ghost.
    Kivan's ghost wails and fades away... "No! My boneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr..." ;)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Eyeing the packages, Minsc wondered aloud, "Sausages, Boo?" It was a heroical thing to find good foods for Minsc, who could not survive on grain and nut the way that Boo could. For his part, Boo had no interest in meats, cheeses or sausages, leaving all of it to Minsc. This probably explained Minsc's impressive (and heroical) size as well as anything else. "Or fishes?" If not that, then perhaps it was something unexpected. "Or spider fur?" Yes, it could really be that. "Why so much spider fur, eh, Boo?"
    Without wishing to over-excite Kivan, Alora will poke the packages.

OOC: She is trying to determine what they might contain before she opens them.
    The packages are... strangely heavy and make a sort of metallic, clanking noise when she moves them.
    I'll take out the smallest one and check for traps (OOC not sure how you could trap an oilskin package but better safe than not safe). I'll then open it.

If that goes okay I will open the others.
    This package contains 10 javelins.
    LadyRhian said:

This package contains 10 javelins.

That's not as exciting as I was hoping. I will open the rest (being careful in case they contain anything with sharp edges, poisoned blades etc)