Skip to content

Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! Module Download

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
edited December 2018 in BG:EE Mods
Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! Module Launch!

Xan's New Groove!

The Fire Drake!

Gnolls Gnolls Gnolls!

Bears Bears Bears!

Bimmy's Badgering Bandits!

Daenni's Bridge Bandits!

Melia Quicknight, Crossroads!

Undercity Magma Bulwark Encounter; Red Skeleton!-(U.M.B.E.R.S.)

To Install: Unzip the .zip file into the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear file directory (Copy The Picture):

Run Modmerge at least once (enables module to work). Then run the Setup-ExtraExpandedEnhancedEncounters.exe. Enjoy Christmas Everyone! Special thanks to @Arunsun @CamDawg @Gwendolyne @Ardanis @AstroBryGuy @mlnevese for mostly technical help with WeiDU and support.
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
GusindamlneveseOlvynChuruwoogirlDjinnFlashburnGrammarsaladRaduzieldunbarStummvonBordwehrThacoBelltl1942rami

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I do like the dialogue you made. Your writing is quite similar to the original Baldur's Gate 1 writing style.
    WithinAmnesiaFlashburn
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited December 2018
    @OlvynChuru Why thank you. I have always aspired to make content at or beyond the level of the original Bioware developers. Immersion and flying of into a mythical high fantasy setting to get lost in to spend an evening or few living in a land of magic and dragons. Something to get lost into but in a way you find out more about yourself the more you get lost in the medieval fantasy world. Who you kill, who you save. Why did you take those items? How far are you willing to go to get power and what does power mean to one's self?
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2019
    Is there a readme or a more detailed description of the mod somewhere? Couldn't find it in the download.

edit: I mean, what does it do?
    @raelcari Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters adds new encounters and new loot to get from the encounters. In its design the encounters are intended to be seamless in quality to the original Black Isle developer standard of quality. Here are more details (without spoilers) below in a list:

- In short the module adds about ~10 new encounters rewarding a bunch of new magical and underrepresented items to go with them.
    - It aims to 'fill in' the weaker areas of the game. For example in early chapters the melee deficit is helped out with new +Melee THAC0 rings and magical splint mail and wakizashi, ninjato, hide armour etc.
    - Most of the major content is added where the plot takes the party as to ensure the game progression plays out smoothly for all party compositions.
    - The new content runs from the first chapters to the last with encounters and items added smoothly throughout the player's progression; bonus content is also in wilderness locations as well.
    - It adds more options for more classes that were not apart of the original game build. So a person can play what ever they like and not have issues in content progression gaps.
    - Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters is pretty much a community made content patch for the original Baldur's Gate. Just think of it as more high quality Baldur's Gate content.

Right now I am focusing on finishing a large module Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium so that is eating up a lot of my time. I should make a 'heres what you get' readme list but I need to finish the other module first.
    raelcari
    @WithinAmnesia Thank you for your very informative answer. That's your readme right there, if you ask me. Just one last question if I may; do you think EEEE should work in BG:EE multiplayer? I would love to try it out.

Godspeed on your other mod!
    WithinAmnesia
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    I'll have to remember to add this to my mods to look at and review list when not modding, it looks quite interesting.
    WithinAmnesia
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @WithinAmnesia As my video card won't run SoD can I unzip this into my BGEE directory and run it with v1.3?
    raelcariWithinAmnesia
  • d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    @WithinAmnesia

Would this work on EET by any chance?
    WithinAmnesia
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @WithinAmnesia Modmerge is usually only required if you purchased the game from Steam or GoG. Does your mod do something special with Modmerge that is actually required?
    WithinAmnesia
    Does it require SoD, or will it work with just EE 2.5?
    WithinAmnesia
    @raelcari If everyone playing installed the module it could work. I have not tried it out. You can test it with a friend perhaps; I don't see that it would hurt to try?

@dunbar
    Hmm, will it work without Siege of Dragonspear? I think most of it will, maybe missing some copy paste items (magical hide armor etc.) but all files that are new should work with older Enhanced Edition patches. I think like 90% of the content was created as new files so it should work? The NPCs are either from the base game or they were added as new files. Maybe if the mod was installed on an old EE it might miss some items but that is it I think? Maybe some of the combat scripts might be missing or something as well. I do not know; I only tried it on version 2.0.

@d2freak Maybe if it was installed first and all of the EET was written over top? I have not tested this as of yet. I cannot think of anything right now that would cause serious issues right now off the top of my head.

@ThacoBell I don't know / cannot remember what the deal is with modmerge and mods. I think when sod first came out it broke mods or something. All that modmerge does is bring the sod dlc files into the regular game directly / makes them able to access with mod tools like Near Infinity or something like that. I just took a base plain Jane vanilla Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear Client, ran the module and polish it until I could find no more bugs to fix and launched the module.

-As for the world of different versions of the game and all that I am like Bethesda where I have only have used my set up and then sent it to launch without testing on different other configurations. I guess some of these compatibility possibilities are going to be like a wild west to explore and see what works etc. for I am not great at taking an educated guess as to whether or not it could work.

@Skitia where are your mod reviews? I tried to do one of Dark Side of the Sword Coast and I ended up working on it lol. I did not know that there are mod reviews around. I have not played a great deal of the newer modules from the community as it could be useful for a person like myself I suppose.
    Does this response answer your questions?
    dunbarraelcari
    @WithinAmnesia Thanks for the reply, I think I'll give it a try and see what happens (when I've got some downtime).
    WithinAmnesia
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    I usually post on the mod thread itself when I review, but maybe I could just make a separate post.
    WithinAmnesia
    @WithinAmnesia Update: I've installed the mod straight into my BGEE v1.3 folder (from the Koch/Deep Silver hard disc) and I've just had my first new encounter (Melia) - so far everything's running smoothly.
    raelcariWithinAmnesia
    edited April 2019
    Bug: The game crashes when I try to enter Mulahey's cave at the bottom of the Nashkel Mines (which obviously means that I can't progress the plotline).

It also crashes when I use the console to move into the cave.
    WithinAmnesia
    Mhmm now that is interesting @dunbar . That area has Mulahey with new items scripted in, it has new items scripted into the chest. Perhaps the script is trying to do something 'illegal' with what the game expects. Try loading up AR0123 to see if it crashes; it has a modified container and new npcs with no modified npc's. Perhaps its an issue with the new script that edits in new items to preexisting old npcs. You can go into the mod files and find the area scripts and go to each changed area to see if its broken or not if you like. Maybe its a simple compatibility error.
    edited April 2019
    See this finicky business of using scripts to modify the game is really tricky for it is like balancing a few things in one hand. It is easier to just make new content; keep doing that until there is enough to make a new game version. Then get everyone to all play that version of the game moving forward; e.i. an expansion pack. Less Pandora's box compatibility effect happening; strength of standardization.
    edited April 2019
    @WithinAmnesia. Unfortunately I wanted to move on with the game so I temporarily uninstalled the mod. I can however give you a fuller description of what happened:

When I entered M's cave normally my character (I was soloing) appeared in the usual place just inside the 'doorway' but wouldn't respond to any commands and the 'buffering' thingy (rotating circle) appeared on the screen and wouldn't go away no matter how long I waited. I checked in Task Manager and it was logged as "program not responding".

When I entered by MoveToArea(AR5405) (which was the only area code I could find for the cave in my version of BGEE) my character appeared in the far top left corner of the cave complex and wouldn't respond to commands etc., etc.

If you wish I'll happily re-install the mod and try out any suggested fixes you can come up with.

P.S. I haven't got the faintest idea about how to go into mod files and area scripts.

Edit: Forgot to add that using AR0123 as you suggested takes me to the undercity.
    Post edited by dunbar on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @WithinAmnesia double check for typos. Crashes are usually related to the game trying to load a resource that doesn't exist. With me this situation happens for mainly three reasons:

I) Typos;

II) Some file I altered the name, but forgot to alters files related to it; and

III) Files I said "that's easy, I'll make it later" and ended up never doing.
    edited April 2019
    @WithinAmnesia I tried out all the other 'modified' areas listed in your File Folder and the rest work, it's just 5405 that crashes (I like the new loot btw)
    @dunbar @Raduziel Hmm, I will have to check over the mod in a fresh new Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear install on my other computer later. If anyone has crashes please feel free to report them. I cannot fix an problem that I do not know.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hello,
    is this compatible with EET? if yes, when should it be installed?
    @Arthas I have no idea, you can try it and report back if you like. I made the module to work with Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear 2.0+ and then I diverted my attention to finish Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium.
    Arthas
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    Tried it on my current run of the game, and it's been working fine so far, but I've got one question: what do you do with the Fire Drake scales? I figured I'd be taking to either the Thunderhammer Smithy or Sorcerous Sundry, but neither bring it up.

Additionally, is this the mod that introduced the Wraith Spider egg? It would be really good if you included a readme with a checklist of what you introduce, if only so I know what items I stumble across go to what mod, or if I'm still missing content from it.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Wraith Spider egg is the BG Mini Quests & Encounters mod I think.
    edited May 2019
    I 'ninja'd' in the Fire Drake Scales so that in hopes of giving more fire to inspire myself to drive onwards to finish the Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium. I hoped to make armour from them in Baldur's Gate; just like wyvern heads and winter wolf pelts / animal parts. I am sorry if this is awkwardly a disappointing loose end. I hope that also I can drum up enough inspiration to stave off disappointment of a project almost done from being unfinished (before the audience dwindles away before the project can be finished). This is gaining in pressure to finish yet (as others have said) I have many irons in the fire. Alas it is easier to start projects than it is to finish them. Bla bla bla I did this recently and it ate time:
    OlvynChuru
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    I have a quick question about this mod.
    So far i have enjoyed the few extra encounters i have come up against except for one, the gnoll stronghold. did you mean to turn that place into a infinite xp grind? was able to get 10k on each of my six party members just trying to clear my way to Dynaheir. Everytime i walked into the "fog of war" there were countless gnolls waiting for me.
    I have no other mods installed that change this place.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, the Gnoll stronghold was a little ridiculous. I probably killed over 100 gnolls just trying to get to Dunaheir. Each Gnoll also dropped gold AND gem or scroll. I probably made 10,000 gold from that alone.
    edited June 2019
    Hmm. You guys do have a point. I guess that was my Classic WoW raiding experience coming out xD. Endless grind x.x!
    lrsnf4pdhc6g.png

I have to also finish the Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium module as well. If you guys have any suggestions I am making a list and checking it twice to see who is naught or nice xD.

Also check this out; it's (my super on point relatable subject) tank game ballistics engine in Unity! d6bcnxq8pbqo.png
    The gnoll strong hold with all of the crazy amount of gnolls is kinda in part a savaged idea for a multi level gnoll dungeon (but I ran out of resources and grit to make more levels). I put the gnolls in tiers and had some mini-bosses and a boss at the end.

In honesty I wish I had like 5 levels to work with or even 2-3 more to make a gnoll / undead / slime / blood magic dungeon. That way I could unbloat the top and just have like 2 chieftains, a handful of lieutenants and a smattering of veterans around (keep the optional hard slimes though) instead of a full on gnoll army lol xD. Its is like all of the gnolls got evicted and where outside when you get there lol.

Maybe if I had some creative friends (paint.net and or modding skills etc.) on a discord server I could make more Baldur's Gate content (like I do with my tank game). Like all cool things it gets better with the more passion minded people work on it. I would be happy if anyone wants to help work on Baldur's Gate content here. I have a discord even I can do some house cleaning on to make it a bit more developer friendly. Discord server invite link address: https://discord.gg/pfmybNM