Skip to content

The Thread for Mirth/Share your Laughter

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If the protaganists of the games debated on who had the best game, Squall and Cloud wouldn't bother. Zidane, Tidus and Vaan would come to blows over it, and everyone else would probably give up at that point.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited March 2019
    Actually Vaan is not supposed to be in the story at all.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    https://youtu.be/uqgF26vzXuo
    I always knew it in my bone marrow... the true horror of childhood days is VILE!
    FinneousPJ wrote: »

I agree that he SHOULDN'T be. But I think he was intended as a pov for the player. The one guy who has no idea what is going on. I don't think he works very well as written though. Apparently, he is one of the more popular characters in Japan.
    ThacoBell wrote: »

I agree that he SHOULDN'T be. But I think he was intended as a pov for the player. The one guy who has no idea what is going on. I don't think he works very well as written though. Apparently, he is one of the more popular characters in Japan.

I read he was added in kinda late due to feedback, young gamers had difficulty identifying with Basch who was the original protagonist.

I read he was added in kinda late due to feedback, young gamers had difficulty identifying with Basch who was the original protagonist.

Why not both?

Why not both?

I don't understand the question?

Why not both?

I don't understand the question?

Vaan isn't supposed to be there in the sense that he wasn't originally planned. The context could also be that he isn't supposed to be, regardless of intent, simply because he doesn't fit the narrative. But when he WAS made, he was written to be the more relatable normal guy who doesn't really understand what is happening at first. Much like the player.
    This was like reading a highschool sitcom comedy. Good work!
    jPcYlna.jpg
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    https://youtu.be/VjXOwUnJzA0

Eureka! Now we finally know where to put the empty potion bottles!
    Damn
    Y1QQE1x_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    My wife the other day: "I'm in kind of a bad mood."
    Me: "Yeah you are!"
    Her: "HOW DID YOU KNOW!?"

hehe

How could you not?
    (I used to be married...)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I saw this random video called "Literally Hitler" pop up on Youtube, a short cartoon about a brother and sister and their attempts to convince their mother that their new neighbor, who calls himself "Adolf Hitler," is in fact literally Hitler and is plotting to kill them. The makers are Joe and Danielle Kogan, who produce bizarre, bizarre animations like "Great: The Show" episodes and a brief video called "Youtube Commenters 2."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peV2GzLUgsk
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Arvia wrote: »
    I was trying to type "undead hunter" and my phone's stupid autocorrect changed it to "undead husband".

While this is probably no quite as funny to anybody else, to me it was hilarious because my husband is Romanian.

If he sleeps in a coffin you may have reasons to worry :wink:

Yeah, you're sunscreen budget will astronomical in that case ;)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @ThacoBell Good.. you escaped sure death :)
    Oh dear...
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Here is a problem from my Environmental Chemistry textbook, on the subject of acid rain:
    A legislator from the Midwest is on record with an impassioned speech in which he argued that the environmental policy of the state should be to bring the pH of rain all the way down to zero. Assume that you are an aide to this legislator. Draft a tactful memo to your boss to save him from additional public embarrassment.

That's probably about the pH of the rain on Venus!
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Here is a problem from my Environmental Chemistry textbook, on the subject of acid rain:
    A legislator from the Midwest is on record with an impassioned speech in which he argued that the environmental policy of the state should be to bring the pH of rain all the way down to zero. Assume that you are an aide to this legislator. Draft a tactful memo to your boss to save him from additional public embarrassment.

That's probably about the pH of the rain on Venus!
    Suspecting a joke on Uranus is incomming shortly...