Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Sjerrie said:

@rede9 unless the EE-npcs are handled differently, the actual romance flag is in Global Variables.

These are not Boolean values. I'm confused.

• woogirlwoogirl Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2018
    @rede9 Edited. Sorry I didn't see it was bg and not bg2. Check this thread, maybe it helps: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/32229/global-variables-for-romances
  • unwissenderunwissender Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2019
    Hey guys.

Just bought the BGEE Version on IOS and tried to edit the char file (after some hours of testing :-) )
    I use the 1.0.4. Version of EE Keeper and the 2.5.17 on IOS.

(i accidently made my paladin with two handed weapon style, instead of two weapon style)

When i try to edit my char (savegame didn´t work better), the weapon proficiencies seem not to work. Instead of the detailed "short sword, large sword" proficiency, ee keeper offers me the old "large sword, short sword" stuff, and a lot of unknown slots. (in the last tab, didn´t find any other tab, where i could edit my profs, see screenshot
    )

Tried to find a walkaround giving the char some unused proficiency points, but that didnt work. Any idea how i can fix the problem?

thx 4 your help
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @unwissender what does the 6th tab from the left (4th tab in your provided picture) show you?
    unwissender
    6th Tab is Innate in my Order. This one ist empty.
    4th Tab in my Picture above with Proficiencies is also empty, buttons at the bottom do nothing.

Maybe it has something to do, i cant choose a language in the settings of ee?
    There is no dropdown choose for me

Maybe it has something to do, i cant choose a language in the settings of ee?
    There is no dropdown choose for me

It's probably related to whatever is causing that issue, yes. Almost seems like EEKeeper can't fully access the game resources...
    Hmm.
    So i just hope for another update of ee keeper.
    If i ipen a full savegame nearly every char gets an error message, sayi g something about unknown spells.

It seems to me ee keeper expects a normal vanilla bg, not a ee edition.

Might have something to do, i use the normal bg version for pc and give the directory to ee.

With itunes or funbox i am not able to extract the ipa file so i had to get my old pc version.

Might have something to do, i use the normal bg version for pc and give the directory to ee.

This is the problem. I am quite certain you can not edit an EE savegame with only old vanilla resources.

If it's just the proficiency you want changed, I might be able to do that for you if you can add the savegame to a post here.

Or just go and kill Firkraag for Carsomyr. ;)
    unwissender
    Thx 4 your help.
    I try to fix the ipa download Problem with the latest itunes.
    If it doesnt work, i might use your editing offer
    Fixed the problem with a bgee ipa ??
    Now everything is fine. Thx 4 your help again
    SjerrieWise_Grimwald
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Why oh Why pray tell has my EE keeper decided to start crashing when I open the spells menu? It's never done this before in ever... ?
    @CaloNord did any Windows runtime updates or something happen? I don't remember the actual base of the EEKeeper, but i've had multiple runtime/driver/Windows updates this month, and I've recently noticed it messed some other things up for me. (Nothing EEKeeper related though...)
    CaloNord
  • TraumaDramaTraumaDrama Member Posts: 56
    I have what is probably a dumb question, but I didn't see it in the FAQs. If I have BG2EE on my phone, and I want to fix my pips, do I have to download the game onto my computer to get EE Keeper going, or just the saved games? I can't seem to get it working with just the games.
    If I do download it onto the computer, will the versions transfer easily between Android and PC?

If I have BG2EE on my phone, and I want to fix my pips, do I have to download the game onto my computer to get EE Keeper going, or just the saved games?

You need the game's resources on the same machine you're using EEKeeper on. While just adding proficiency pips seems incredibly simple, the program indexes the game resources at startup.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Sjerrie said:

If I have BG2EE on my phone, and I want to fix my pips, do I have to download the game onto my computer to get EE Keeper going, or just the saved games?

You need the game's resources on the same machine you're using EEKeeper on. While just adding proficiency pips seems incredibly simple, the program indexes the game resources at startup.
    I can understand why.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited January 2019
    @TraumaDrama, have a look here for a description on how to use your Android game files on the PC to use EEKeeper (and setup a modding area if you want). Take no notice about modding/rebuilding the .obb files for modding the game itself as there are now better methods... I will eventually update the document but if you go down the modding track and need assistance, be sure to ask questions in the modding Android thread.

Having said all that, the procedure to setup for EEkeeper is all good and works a charm. If you run into difficulties, feel free to ask.

Gus
    Wise_GrimwaldSjerrie
  • Mr_SaltyMr_Salty Member Posts: 188
    i downloaded this today and i followed it all and when i open save file and change the stats it will not let me save it, it says file copy canceled the game was not saved > it then creates a empty folder in the directory !! i tried running it normal and in Administrator! why can i not get it to work ! ??
  • Sarevok1981Sarevok1981 Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys,
    It's obvious that when you alter something and press the "recalculate stats" button in EEKeeper that your HP or other stats can be altered.
    But why do they alter even on chars that just joined my group, or where I didnt change any stats or on chars that where given to me on start (Like Safana instead of Imoen in SoD).

I mean it could be because they didnt get always max hp gain when leveling up but I always switched back to normal before leveling up a char in my playthrough. Is it increasing it too much (ak cheating) or really recalculating to what it should be!?
  • Theo75Theo75 Member Posts: 1
    I cant get EE Keeper working with IWD CE GOG It wont find my save files when I tell EE what directory they are in. I am running Win 10 Pro 64 bit. Any help Please?
  • XlatocXlatoc Member Posts: 59
    Hi !

So...I would like to add the "craft item" innate ability from the Tome & Blood mod to all classes that are mages (not just pure class unkitted mage).
    I find the ability in the innate and manage to add it on EEKeeper (2 occurrence, take the on with same name as one that works). But, the xmemorization stays at 0, no way to change it...
    If I just go to sleep in game to "activate it", it still does not appear in the special ability bar...

So....am I doing something wrong ? Or is that just impossible ?

Thanks !
    @Xlatoc you may need to manually increase the "Max Can Memorize" line for innate spells, under the Memorization tab.
    Xlatoc
  • SidoniusSidonius Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2019
    Dear EE Keeper users,

Would one of you kindly be able to confirm whether "Divide HP after total sum" under "Miscellaneous" changes the game's default behavior? It's not really clear to me based on the description, and I would not like my multi-class party member (Montaron in this case) to gain more HP than he ought to under core rules.

Thank you for any assistance, and I'm sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere!
    edited July 2019
    @Sidonius we could have different versions of EEKeeper, but for me there is no "Divide HP after total sum" on the Miscellaneous tab.

Edit: sorry I didn't know you meant under the "Settings" menu. I am not sure about the workings of that function. Mine was apparently turned on by default.

I would imagine though, that if you use Core Rules in the game itself, and don't change anything to your levels or HP in EEKeeper, that there would be no reason for EEKeeper to recalculate those HP.
    JuliusBorisov
  • XlatocXlatoc Member Posts: 59
    Sjerrie wrote: »
    @Xlatoc you may need to manually increase the "Max Can Memorize" line for innate spells, under the Memorization tab.

Thanks !!!!!! That worked :)
    SjerrieRAM021
  • ikubaikuba Member Posts: 37
    could someone advise which parameter/value is responsible for dreams and their results?
    i forgot to increase reputation an just get larloch drain instead of cure wounds
    can i edit character to change dream that he saw?
    @ikuba tbh, I always thought the Bhaalspawn dream powers were alignment based, my bad.

It's probably easier to just switch out Larloch's Drain for Cure Wounds on the innate spell tab.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Sjerrie wrote: »
    @ikuba tbh, I always thought the Bhaalspawn dream powers were alignment based, my bad.

It's probably easier to just switch out Larloch's Drain for Cure Wounds on the innate spell tab.

They are reputation based, but your answer IS the obvious solution.
    ThacoBell
  • LillyOberonLillyOberon Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2019
    Hello I am at the begin of a new game in BG2EE on ipad

I would like to add a vendor, Joluv, to a save using EEkeeper. Is it possible ?

The vendor is available on PC if you got the collector edition of BG2EE. He sells special items otherwise not available in the game. Maybe you will tell me : Joluv IS already in BG2EE for ios ? and there is no need to use EEkeeper. Can you confirm ?

Nevertheless one might be interested in adding a vendor to a game save in visual sight of the group.

The console command should read CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("wmart1") where Joluv = wmart1
    On IPAD, I cannot use the console.
    On Ipad, I do not see the folder /override ( which open the subject of when will BG games on IOS allow access to NameoftheApp/document like a lot of other applications on IOS do)

The save is in the form of a file 000000001-Quick-Save.bg2save

- was exported from ipad to a my pc via Dropbox,
    - renamed in 000000001-Quick-Save.zip,
    - unzipped to 000000001-Quick-Save that can be edited using EEkeeper
    - it contains a Baldur.gam, Baldur.sav, portraits of my team
    - I used "open a party save" in EEkeeper to access the file where my party and progression is saved

I haven't been able to find an answer to that question using google, so I come to you with that.

I sought of maybe an Effect adding a summon creature ? permanent ? in range: Visual range of the caster ?

Any ideas to add a npc to a saved game given the above restrictions ( no console, no /override)
    edited July 2019
    @LillyOberon I do not have the iOS version and thus cannot 100% confirm, but since both Deidre and Joluv were included by default in the PC version, it would be silly to cut them out of the iOS version.

It is very easy to check, since Joluv hangs out at the Copper Coronet in the slums, and you can go there as soon as you leave Irenicus' dungeon.

As for adding in a vendor in the way you describe (without console) you might be better off asking your question in the dedicated iOS sub-section. :)

To me it seem a bit of a hassle though. Assuming you want a specific vendor, why not simply add the item you want from them through EEKeeper? ;)
  • LillyOberonLillyOberon Member Posts: 14
    Well early on I just wanted to use EEkeeper to edit my char ( I missed storing a roll 96 on creation because I was tired) and use that opportunity to secure the presence of the VIP vendors plus giving my char some items from BG1and some containers. To edit a saved game from ipad to pc and rename it and send it back and forth is such a hassle that I wanted to do it only once. No I could load the party with items ... I'll think about it. But the idea of summoning a vendor through EEkeeper might still be a good one.