Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    They have a projection for april 2014 for PE. BG2 EE be out by then?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Yes it should be out some time next year.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Zinodin said:

I'm actually hoping there won't be another city.

Too many side-quests. :P

There is no such thing as too many side-quests.
    I hope for so many side-quests, that i still find new ones with the 3rd play-through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    They have a new stretch goal at 4 million.

Let's make Chris Avellone play Arcanum!
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Where are people going to see the the paypal donation totals? I'm probably just blind, but I can't find it anywhere.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • roboticsunroboticsun Member Posts: 42
    TJ_Hooker said:

Where are people going to see the the paypal donation totals? I'm probably just blind, but I can't find it anywhere.

I heard from BSN, there was 130k donation through paypal. so it will definitely hit 4m mark.
    Wow, I really didn't think they'd hit that. Amazing.
    edited October 2012
    Kickstarter itself is based on the honor system. But I think that they would delay the game before they cut something they had promised.

At the same time, if something needed to wait until after release as part of a patch, they might do that instead. The important thing to remember here is that they have the freedom to actually make the game they want, which means no stubborn approval processes, no chain of command... It can only be a good thing.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Yep its done 4 Millions with paypal. I believe in Obsidian and 2 years to make it seems realistic so yea small step for man huge step for rpgs. If these games are released and are good we may actually deal a blow to some publishers.
  • j3cwillj3cwill Member Posts: 51
    Wow, that was my first Kickstarter campaign, and it was a total blast! It was exciting checking the totals each day.

I agree @Razor that this could definitely open some eyes in the industry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Depending on the pledge fail rate, we may actually get the $4 mil stretch goal as well as a 14th floor in the dungeon.
    We'll have to wait and see what they say though.

• ZraenianZraenian Member Posts: 26
    Im glad they're spending that last 500k on the gameplay and technical aspect instead of adding more and more to it.
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    I agree with @Zraenian that this game already looks huge, especially that dungeon, so its cool that they're going to be putting serious money into quality and not quantity.

@Sylvus_Moonbow, what do you foresee not being included in terms of the stretch goals and why do you think that?

@jc3will, I feel exactly the same as you. This was the first Kickstarter I've followed and pledged and it was a lot of anticipation and excitement watching it from start to finish! So many people on these forums stepped up and contributed; it's great to see that level of support for this project.
  • RabainRabain Member Posts: 39
    My first kickstarter backing too, I went for the 250 tier, couldn't say no to the few extra goodies.

I've been looking around at other kickstarters and this one looked interesting:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lootdrop/an-old-school-rpg-by-brenda-brathwaite-and-tom-hal

It hasn't been doing too well, probably due to Wastelands 2 and Project Eternity eating everyones money but it looks like it could be decent.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Rabain said:

It hasn't been doing too well, probably due to Wastelands 2 and Project Eternity eating everyones money but it looks like it could be decent.

It's because of their shoddy presentation mostly.

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited October 2012
    lordkim said:

Hmm.. Just curious. Howcome you know for sure that they dont have done 80 % of the game allready. And just try to get a loadfull of cash before they put it on steam or whatever ?
    Its not that i dont like this project. I LOVE IT !!
    just a little mindspin of mine i have here..

Because they've told us they are in pre-production, and because everything they've shown and said about the game shows they are in pre-production. You're free to believe otherwise but that's called a conspiracy theory.
    Zeckul said:

lordkim said:

Hmm.. Just curious. Howcome you know for sure that they dont have done 80 % of the game allready. And just try to get a loadfull of cash before they put it on steam or whatever ?
    Its not that i dont like this project. I LOVE IT !!
    just a little mindspin of mine i have here..

Because they've told us they are in pre-production, and because everything they've shown and said about the game shows they are in pre-production. You're free to believe otherwise but that's called a conspiracy theory.
    That's exactly what someone involved in a conspiracy WOULD say...
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Well, here's our current stats.
    Looks like we get that 15th floor!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/330758
    Kickstarter and PayPal Stats

So as of about 1:30 PM PDT, here’s where we stand funding-wise:

Kickstarter
    Backers: 73,986
    Pledged: $3,986,929

PayPal
    Backers: 3,681
    Pledged: $176,279

Totals
    Backers: 77,667
    Pledged: $4,163,208

Stretch Goals

So that means we hit the 4M stretch goal, right?
    Yes!

How do PayPal backers affect the Mega Dungeon size?
    It counts toward the Mega Dungeon! We hit fifteen (15!!!!) levels!

Will Facebook Likes still count to a larger dungeon?
    Yes, for now they do! Come like us quickly and maybe we can hit the 40,000 likes for one last dungeon level. But it’s for a limited time, so… like us! Please note: If you clicked Like on our Eternity home page, that doesn’t qualify – we need likes on Obsidian’s Facebook page!
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited October 2012
    Aosaw said:

Zeckul said:

That's exactly what someone involved in a conspiracy WOULD say...
    Yes. You're free to believe it's a conspiracy and there's nothing I can do to prove otherwise. Any evidence I could show to the contrary could be interpreted as being part of the conspiracy itself. It's a gratuitous hypothesis that can neither be proven right nor wrong, just like pink unicorns or flying spaghetti monsters. It's not worth it to spend much time worrying about those type of things.

Among other news, the moon is also a hoax. http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm
  • Infern0Infern0 Member Posts: 44
    This game is going to be a monster, two Athkatla sized cities, 15 level mega dungeon, player house, players stronghold, warriors hall!

too bad we now have an 18 month or so wait, but hopefully it will be worth it
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    @Zeckul @Aosaw
    Hehehe.... love it...

The truth is out there ;)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Shandyr, when you originally said about a jump in the final hours, I guessed it might hit 3.5m. I can honestly say I never expected $4m+.

I am astounded by their current success. It will be interesting to see how the process goes from here.

Glad I contributed.
  • j3cwillj3cwill Member Posts: 51
    The only thing I am worried about now is the time crunch because of two major cities, and an epic dungeon that would be a game in itself. Can they get all of this done in the time given?
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I'm not concerned the stretch goals were not just plucked out of thin air (or darker places) they were all planned out based on being able to use the additional funds to put more people and resources into the project and I'm sure they are well equipped to figure out how much time and resources are needed especially when they do not have to sit around and wait for a publisher to sign off on this and that before they can do something.

That said - they also don't have a publisher forcing them to rush something out the door so if the game needs additional time to finish the ball is in their court and they call the shots - April 2014 is not going to be written on one of those stone monuments for the $500 level at this point in time - it's a target date - nothing more.
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    Dude, a 15 level dungeon is quite enough. It could take hours just to get through that thing! So far, these guys have been really communicative. I hope it keeps up. It seems that game companies send out a ton of info then it dries up soon after and little bits dribble out. Even Bioware does this and it's frustrating.