Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android IWDEE 2.5.17.0

18910111214»

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    @Gusinda awesome! Yea ive been busy playing yhe heck outa Tera on the PS4 lol. Will give it a test this evening. ?
    Gusinda
    edited July 2019
    @Gusinda yo this dagger is awesome! Is there a way to use that thrown animation for the skill it gives? Is it possible to change the way the weapon looks in hand from a dagger to say, a hammer or staff? I wanna see that animation in effect with a staff and mace.. ive more neat ideas if this works ?
    Gusinda
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Xhoblaim, could try. It would prob work with a hammer, not so sure about the staff though. We shall see.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda hey gus can you do me a fav rq? Can you slap together an updated modfile? I think my files got corrupted cuz it crashes when i try to load. Plus i think the folder needs some file cleanin ?. ??? Mucho gracias ?
    No pros @Xhoblaim, I can't do it this morning but will have it done later in the day. Hopefully I will also see about the hammer/QStaff.

Just a quick Q, does it crash when you start the game or when you load a saved game? If its when you load a saved game, could you upload the save?

Thanks
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2019
    @Gusinda awesome, look forward to it ?.
    Oh, it crashes on startup. Hence the request for a new setup bcuz i cant remember what was last put in and scrubbing that many files with a phone is like a needle n haystack search lol.

Thanks man ?✌️
    edited July 2019
    @Xhoblaim, no probs. Attached is the WeiDU.log with a link for the modfile. Finger's crossed that it all starts no probs.

IWDEE.2.5.17.0_Modfile_15.zip - (200MB, Zippyshare Link)

Gus

Edit: Another sharesite - Zipptshare has too many popups...

IWDEE.2.5.17.0_Modfile_15.zip (200MB, MediaFire, lasts only 14 Days)
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    @Gusinda ..how do i download it? The whole page is filled with pop ups
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, yeah heard about that, trying to find another one to use. From the previous forumite, if you persist, it will get there. I use Firefox which blocks all the popups so I wasn't aware... sorry about that. I tried a couple of others but they failed the upload. Will try some more. Don't want these popups at all.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Xhoblaim, added another Fileshare. Just tested, has one popup but downloads the file... Continue my search for popup free.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Xhoblaim, sorry for any delays. It is that time of the year again where most of my time is spent pruning the fruit trees and prepping the garden. It has been a warmish winter here and buds are starting to appear already (not expecting them for another 1.5 months...).

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda oh nice! Early buds means this year will be a good one ?. Dont work too hard now, i need you alive ?. Ive been going to a crapload of appointments all month, just had 2 today lol. Just had my molars taken out a few days ago ?, other than that, things are smooth. (Thanks to medication ?). Take your time brotha, who knows, maybe some better mods drop in the meantime ?.
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda Omg omg omg bro bro have you seen the vid about BG3!?!? MuwhaahahahahA ???
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, have indeed and looking forward to it.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Hey brotha man how ya been? :) Its been a while eh? Lol. I just seen the other day that BGII is back in the store and i downloaded it. Wanna wipe the dust off the old mod we were doin? If i remember right, most of the desired mods are in the modfile already, think it jus needed some polishing after we god the mods workin. Lmk if you are still interested ;)
    G'Day @Xhoblaim, yeah been swinging in the trees so to speak.

Definately interested but, if it is alright with you, I would like to start from scratch... Most of the mods in the modfile are now out of date (some are 5 revisions old) so I could update them and build a new modfile. Having a look around the hacks we did, it is a bit of a mess. Most of the hacks started in v1.3 and either have their description as invalid or are incorrect as they describe the base file used and not their actual capability.

What we can do if you want, I will use the base install (no hacks yet) and update the mod list to their current versions using that as the starting point. I will do that tomorrow (bit busy today and I hear that tomorrow will be a wet day so no gardening). We can then go through and either add or make the changes you want and do it properly this time with correct descriptions and a WeiDU installation to make it easier for v2.6.

I will start a new thread for it as well.

If you want to review the BG2 WeiDU log for the modfile, you might want to add or remove some mods to suit your future play through.

How does that sound?
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda Sounds great man! Just try for all the mods then we can kick whatever needs to go after and as always, take your time ?. This fix up may get tedious lol. I rember we had left off with soooo much fixin needed ?

Can you put a link up here to the new thread? Tyty
  • lookalooka Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    So you are telling me that you can easily mod android version of IWDEE with this modfile???
    Is it possible to share it once again?
    Hi @looka, IWDEE can be modded, as can PSTEE and the BG Series, with most (same as modding normally where some mods can interfere with others) of the mods that are available. This method only packs it up to allow for use in an Android environment...

I could reupload this one, but it is very specific to Xhoblaim and his gaming style; a lot of the individual files were modded to allow for certain colours and spell effects for his character types (he was playing a pseudo Vampiric class and some very OP PCs).

If you want a customised modfile created, then I am happy to put one together for you... Just let me know what you want included.

My 'office' is being used as an actual office by my family who are currently working from home with the lockdown, so I am logging in adhoc right now but I will get to it!

Alternatively, if you have a PC, then there is a discussion about how the modfiles can be created. I am happy to walk you through anything that is not explained properly.

Hoe that helps
    Gus
  • KonponKonpon Member Posts: 7
    Curiously, I am without a PC for over a year, and i just got this game. Kinda upset that I cannot mod without a PC. Is it OK to ask for certain mods to then run on the android version of IWD:EE?
    Hi @Konpon, and welcome to the forum.

There is no problems at all in asking. You can use this discussion or create a new one. Just tag me and I will see what I can do.

Just be aware that while the Covid lockdowns are in place, my family use my 'office' (games room) as their office so I don't get much access to it during the work days. It may take a little time (should be no more than a week, but I would expect less) to do but it will get done...

All the best
    Gus
    Konpon
    Well, I can wait, but in the meantime, I'll list the mods I am interested in:
    • Raduziel's Universal Wizard Spells
    • argent77's The Chaos Sorcerer: A Wild Magic Kit for Sorcerers
    • Holic's DnD 3.5 Rules Overhaul (All components, except the point buy one)
    • r-e-d's EEUITweaks

From Tweaks Anthology:
    • Unique Icons
    • Weapon Animation Tweaks
    • Wear Multiple Protection Items (Pen and Paper Style)
    • Change Experience Point Cap (Remove Completely)
    • Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes
    • Friendly Random Drops (Exchange with Merchant)
    • No Depreciation in Stores
    Cahir
    @Gusinda Sorry, forgot to do the mention you in the previous post. Also, forgot to add these to the list:
    Hi @Konpon, sorry for the delay. There was a bit of fault finding for this one.

Once the order for the mods was sorted and mods installed without clashing, there was still a prob where we couldn't get past the character creation screen. It ended up being a component of EEUITweaks (Show Max Prof). I removed it rather than track down a fix as I was sure that the EEUI mod was more about putting the access to console into the UI.

My testing only went as far as creation of a Chaos Sorcerer (through to the first dialog) so if you have any problems, let me know and I will see what I can do. If you can, provide a saved game as well... I am still unsure whether DnD 3.5 Rules and Improved HoF will play nicely together but it will be easy to remove either if needs be.

Download (~74MB Packed, ~472 MB Unpacked):
    IWDEE.2.5.17.0_Modfile_Konpon.7z

Also attached is the WeiDU.log.

To install:
    - Download the files to device
    - Remove any previous modfiles and 'lang.zip' (or similar)
    - Delete or rename any current 'override' folder
    - Unpack (keeping paths) all the files into the following folder on your internal storage (not external SDCard if you have one):

android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/

- You are now ready to test and play.

To uninstall:
    - Delete the override folder and lang-en_US.zip.
    - You should now be running vanilla

Happy gaming
    Gus
    @Gusinda Thanks for the help! I am still figuring out the things added with the chosen mods. But I want to ask something. Do you know if there are any race mods that work with this game?
    Hi @Konpon, sorry for the delayed response but I haven't on the forum for a while...

I haven't heard of any other than here, which are really NPCs. I am not sure whether this will translate into allowing creation of your own though.

Gus
    Konpon
    It's fine, @Gusinda. I have to accept that some things just aren't meant to be. While I play this, there is also IWE2 getting the EE treatment to look forward to, and perhaps eventually, these tools will get better than they were for that entry's original release, covering for more areas of the gameplay previously inaccessible or hard coded.
    Gusinda