Skip to content

2»

Comments

• hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    edited August 2019
    Shadow Warrior, the original from 1996. Still one of the best FPSes ever made, I just love the ridiculously fun weapons and particularly killing the very annoying enemies with them.

I'm (finally) playing Pillars of Eternity 2 properly, with the turn based mode mainly because in real time the effects caused constant stutter that made things unplayable. And now that I can play it, even though I know the main story is a bit of a let down, I am really enjoying the gameplay, its excellent, and I'm really enjoying the setting because even though the game does feel like it has different writers from the first, I do think they've done a good job with the setting.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Well, that last game of Solitaire was a close win.

Been working on the new Fire Emblem almost exclusively. I don’t consider it completed until I’ve seen/done everything.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Just replayed FO1 and started up a FO2 run as well. Ran the community patches/restoration projects. FO1 was shorter than I remembered, did a full run in a single day (a long one though, spent all day just gaming). Been so long since I played it so I went to places in the wrong order, thus making Necropolis dead before I even got there, so that of course made the playthrough shorter. Ended up nuking the Master without even talking to him as well, by mistake, but decided to just roll with it and move on to FO2 (which is the much better game).
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Finally finished Witcher 3 base game, then started on the first DLC and quickly got tired of it. The base game was awesome, but the very high level play in the DLCs, with every battle being a horrible slugfest, was just too much for me. Besides, I spent a LOT of hours finishing the base game and I needed a break from it anyway. So I've started playing something completely different - Surviving Mars. It's a boatload of fun so far.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Just beat SoA for first time yesterday.
    gorgonzolaThacoBell
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    edited August 2019
    Just recently finished Fallout 1 as well. I have 10 different characters in BG1 I never got around to playing, so now my Conjurer is gallivanting about with Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc and Dynaheir.

After a trip all the way through to ToB... who knows? I had originally planned for run through the Mass Effect OT, but after having watched Avengers: Endgame I'm like "meh" to that idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ThacoBellBelleSorciere
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    typo_tilly wrote: »
    typo_tilly wrote: »
    After a few attempts, I gave up on installing Half-Life 1 with my old CD. Couldn't get it to work on Windows 10 or Linux Mint. The game won't display past the game menu in Windows. The mouse freezes up once a new game starts in Linux. I should probably just pick up the Steam version of HL1 and 2 sometime. Never played 2. I just don't want to spend a lot of time troubleshooting.

When I couldn't get my Half-Life 1 CDs to work anymore, I tried registering their serial number on Steam, and it worked.

Really?

!... It worked! Thank you! :3 I also got Blue Shift and Opposing Force from it! :smiley:

Oh, dang, I forgot to mention how it gives you all three games. Still, glad it worked!
    [Deleted User]
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Dragon Warrior Monsters for the Game Boy. Kind of a pokemon clone but with more complex systems and based on the Dragon Quest series of RPGs. I tend to pull that game out every couple of years and breeze through it.

semiticgoddessThacoBell
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @WarChiefZeke: That's one of my favorite games! It was definitely more complex and a lot less grind-y, and that made it a lot more fun for me. Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 was also really excellent.
    WarChiefZekeThacoBell
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    I'm about halfway through Robo Instructus, and have just figured out how to make a from-A-to-B pathfinding algorithm and do a tree search.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited August 2019
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @WarChiefZeke: That's one of my favorite games! It was definitely more complex and a lot less grind-y, and that made it a lot more fun for me. Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 was also really excellent.

Yeah, DWM2 was also great. The randomly generated worlds with bosses,towns, dungeons, etc gave it alot of replayability.

I do like the DWM: Joker series on the DS, especially the 3-party-slot giant monsters, but the 2 on the Game Boy remain my favorites. They have a simple but highly addicting charm.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Gibbous. Been a while since I last played a high quality Point & Click game such as this. Good stuff, good stuff. The Double Fine easter eggs put a smile on my visage.

All that's left is wait for the sequel. Damn open endings... *sigh*
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]
    Been playing a fair bit of old Master of Orion 2 lately. Bought it at GoG cheap and even with nostalgia glasses on, it's actually a really good game. It's kinda hard though (as older games more usually are), unless you know what you are doing with the ship designs. Even a semi-old player like myself struggle with older games now that I've grown more adjusted to contemporary games, which normally have a much less punishing approach.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Skatan wrote: »
    Been playing a fair bit of old Master of Orion 2 lately. Bought it at GoG cheap and even with nostalgia glasses on, it's actually a really good game. It's kinda hard though (as older games more usually are), unless you know what you are doing with the ship designs. Even a semi-old player like myself struggle with older games now that I've grown more adjusted to contemporary games, which normally have a much less punishing approach.

I played that game a bit with my brother back in the 90's. (He was the hardcore strategy gamer. I mostly just focused on building a little utopia in my corner of the galaxy while he went off conquering everything else, and I just sent him supplies and money as tribute. :P) It's a REALLY well done game, IMO, but yes, quite difficult.
    Skatan
    edited August 2019
    @Zaxares Hehe, I too prefer to focus on the non-combat aspects of the game. I don't mind building a great fleet but the actual combat isn't what's appealing to me. Leave me alone, aliens! I just want to expand, explore and exploit! Not Exterminate :)

Never played it MP. Sounds like it could be fun. Found a good combo of traits I liked and played through a whole huge galaxy map. Ended up with only me and the Psilons in the end as allies. I launched my whole fleet in a sudden attack on my "allies" thinking I would take them by surprise. They sent out 5 fleets through my fleet and just bombarded all my planets to rubble. Finally got a big ship battle around a planet where both our two major armies clashed and I was completely obliterated. All my Titan ships destroyed, heh.. And thus ended my glorious empire :)

Googling some tips on MoO2 I found out there's a new game from 2016 which is essentially just a re-make of MoO2. Gonna see if I can find it and buy it somewhere. Never did play MoO3, but it's said to be not as good as 2.

I sure wish GoG had Ascendency for sale! But unfortunately not. Can't find it on either Steam nor GoG. That was a really great 4X space sim, even better than MoO2 IMHO.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited August 2019
    It isn't really a bragging rights thing since they have infinite virtual quarters, but I recently finished all the games in the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, Warriors of Fate, Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit.

Final Fight was a repeat, but the rest were fresh. It was fun to actually play games start to finish considering most of the games I have played recently don't have an end.

I am hoping to finish an RPG sometime this year. I've started up Y's 1 on the new tablet I just got and Darkness over Daggerford on PC. Hopefully one or both of those will stick.

I kind of beat It Lurks Below since I have played through Normal many times and some of the higher difficulties. But I haven't really finished the hardest since I keep tinkering with different modes and classes.
    Skatan
    Oooh, where did you buy that? I miss the good old days of beat em' ups in the arcades, from the early days of Altered Beast and Golden Axe to the golden age of Final Fight et al.
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Oooh, where did you buy that? I miss the good old days of beat em' ups in the arcades, from the early days of Altered Beast and Golden Axe to the golden age of Final Fight et al.

I have it on Steam, but it is also on XBox One, Nintendo Switch, and Playstation 4.

If you like Altered Beast and Golden Axe those are on a lot of platforms too. They also have Streets of Rage 1-3. On Steam it is part of Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Classics which you can buy in one big bundle with dozens of games or just buy the individual games. On XBox they were released on 360 but are still available on XBox One, but will probably cost a little more. I'm not sure about Nintendo or PSN.

Cheers for the info! I'll check them out sometime. :) Does Steam support multiplayer for those games, incidentally?
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Cheers for the info! I'll check them out sometime. :) Does Steam support multiplayer for those games, incidentally?

Yes. I believe they all support both local and online coop. The queues may be slow for online coop since they have been out for a while.

I should also probably mention, there is Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara too, which is a D&D beat 'em up by Capcom that has coop as well.