Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    almost true years ago, back in the high school days i was able to speak french as if i was a 5 or 6 year old, and spanish as if i was a 3 year old ( enough to get by, but by no means scholars in either )

but since its been so long and im so out of practice my french is incredibly rusty and spanish is basically non existent at this point

The next poster DOESN'T have any secondary eductation outside of highschool
    OrlonKronsteen
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    False.

The next poster has a PhD and is working in a completely unrelated field.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2019
    Still thinking... I'm not sure. There were times when I felt accepted, but those people didn't know all sides of me, and retrospectively probably wouldn't accept me the way I am. And there are a very, very few people, fortunately two of them at work, who truly seem to accept me the way I am, even if they know some of the weirder things and probably would still accept all the other stuff, too.
    I still don't feel like I belong, but I've learned that that's okay, as long as I'm not completely alone.

The next poster was asleep when I posted this (14th September, 7:50 am, CEST)
    semiticgoddessOrlonKronsteenThacoBelllolien
    ((btw I think it's also because math is considered more difficult both to study and to teach, not a "talky" subject, so many future teachers avoid it. I've known a few exceptions, precisely for the reason that they wanted to improve their chances to get a job))
    Aerakar
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    True. I don't visit other social sites. This place has just about everything.

The next poster is happy about the fall season approaching.
    AerakarOrlonKronsteenThacoBelllolien
    True. I love the contrast between cold nights and warm days, with misty mornings and sunrises at civilized hours. And I love the sharp light that you only see in autumn afternoons.

The next poster lives in a place where the leaves *don't* change colors and fall from the trees.
    AerakarZaghoulThacoBelllolien
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    True. I live in a semi-desert area now so we don't really have the usual fall foliage that I grew up with (in the southern US). It is more of a 'more rain' kind of autumn and trees are often scarce anyway. That being said, I lived in Phoenix for a few years back in the '90s and that was truly a 'leaves don't change' kind of autumn and shorts year-round!

The next poster eats cereal for breakfast during the week, but goes all-in on a big hot breakfast spread on week-ends.
    OrlonKronsteenlolien
    True. It's like you read my mind, Aerakar (cue the X-Files theme music).

The next poster believes there is nothing more depressing than a continental breakfast.
    Aerakar
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    False. Being in a beautiful ie Mediterranean place and having a British breakfast, ie beans from a jar, white toast bread, a tomato and some sausages with god-knows-what in them (probably not meat) is much more depressing. Hells, even just seeing someone else eat it can make my stomach turn. No offense to any British people in here, but certain parts of that food culture is.. well, I think you get my drift.

The next poster loves British food and can't at all understand what I'm talking about.
    OrlonKronsteenAerakarStromael
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    False.

Brit here, and I'm generally very disdainful of my country's cuisine. (Meat and 2 veg? What a pointlessly boring and bland way to eat, when there are so many interesting ways to combine things and spices to add!)

The only exception to this critique is the divine Cornish pasty, whose golden, crumbly, flaky exterior hides a delicious, bountiful, savoury interior. Oh, and clotted cream with jam on scones.

The next person thinks olives are grown-up food.
    Skatan
    hahahahahahaha true, although i'm a grown-up but never eat them

the next person can demolish a large pizza in one sitting :)
    lolienSkatanStromael
    True. And I would also eat your leftovers as well. My dream girlfriend only eats half a pizza so that I get 1,5 pizzas. It seems it's a genetic trait from my father's side that we are thin but can eat ludicrous amounts of food. Yesterday's dinner was three packs of ribs and 750 grams of potato salad, so roughly a bit more than 1 kg of food.

The next person is my polar opposite; very low metabolism and gain weight by just smelling food.
    sarevok57Stromaelgorgonzola
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

The next poster pronounces Uranus correctly while in public and doesn't mind the stares.
    Skatangorgonzola
    True. Since I'm Swedish it's perhaps slightly less embarrassing (thought the "anus" part is still very much the same in Swedish, but not the "Ur" part).

The next poster giggles every time the say or read "anus".
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    False, went to university for biology studies. "Anus" is weaksauce when you have to have a serious discussion on the mating dance of prairie hens.

The next poster laughs at completely innocuous words like, "fork" or "morrow".
    True. Sometimes I repeat words to myself and notice how silly they sound. But I try not to do that in public, it makes people stare.

The next poster owns at least 3 sleeping bags.
    gorgonzolaStromaelThacoBell
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    false, even if i had owned way more then 3 in my life, and worn up many of them, at present i only own one.

the next poster has slept outdoor in a hammok, i mean the whole night in the wilderness, not an afternoon rest in his own garden.
    False. I usually fall asleep lying on my belly, that's terribly uncomfortable in a hammock. Besides, I'd be afraid to turn around and fall out.

The next poster has tried to jump up the stairs on one leg.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    True, and its actually pretty easy.

The next poster has hopped backwads downstairs on one leg.
    False, I have standards you know. Rolling down is far more efficient.

The next poster has their own way of locomotion.
    Aerakargorgonzola
    False. It seems just about everyone's doing a brand new dance but me.

The next poster has formal dance training.
    gorgonzolasarevok57
    edited September 2019
    False. I'm an avid drunken dancer with a decent sense of rhythm, but that's the extent of it.

The next poster haven't had a long party night out for 10+ years, you know one of those crazy night where you always end up waking up with something weird you stole on your way home and a half-eaten kebab next to you in the bed and you have to check you phone to remember what the hells you did yesterday.
    OrlonKronsteen
    edited September 2019
    False. Though I could't remember a thing even while checking my phone.

The next poster is currently on a quest involving two-legged sheeps.
    Skatanlolien
    I can safely say false on that one, though admittedly I am intrigued.

The next poster is currently battling chronic restartitis with Infinity Engine games.
    Aerakar
    actually false this time, my team is in amkethran right now just about ready to fight the big ol' bad in that town, although, oi, my jeebus, usually when i play ToB i get to abizigal's enclave and stop, and for good reason

i dont know what has been going on, but i had a hell of a time taking out draconis, so i had to use time stop improved alacrity cheese or else he wipes my whole team in mere seconds

and then i get to abizigal, and had to cheese him super hard to win and he is immune to time stop for some reason, so boring, i HATE these 2 fights, i have to cheese them so hard to win ( although i guess insane difficulty finally lives up to its name here ) but for whatever reason i wanted to continue on, my half-orc fighter/thief using carsomyr +6 with his sexy 23 STR, wowzers does he ever hit hard, harder than any paladin i would have made

and luckily when i play IWD, i never have restartitis with that game, since IWD literally takes me 10 hours maybe 12 to beat and do absolutely everything, and HoW and TotLM take me together like 6 or so

although i was quite amazed, usually i thought my bg 1 play throughs were 16 hours, but the team i have in amkethran right now took 19 hours to get through bg 1, i guess gold piece runs for bg 1 takes me an extra 3 hours to beat the game

the next poster has actually started a game fresh in ToB and actually beat ToB with that whack fresh ToB party
    gorgonzolaOrlonKronsteen
    Nope. Never even considered it might be possible to start in ToB with a new party. Though I might try right now. It's 2:30 am and I can't sleep, because of a storm that has no respect for my desire to get enough sleep before a 24h shift!

Or I guess I could use ear plugs and go back to sleep. That sounds more reasonable.

The next poster doesn't need to work this Monday.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    True. Monday’s are my day off.

I do need to do laundry though.

The next poster doesn’t match their socks after doing laundry and sometimes where mismatched pairs.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    All of my socks are white, so I'm probably wearing mixed pairs right now and don't even know it.

The next poster is accidentally wearing a left sock on their right foot.
    ThacoBell