Skip to content

The Adventurer's Lounge: Guidance and Support for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran

Comments

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    The mod ME Tweaks lets you use cursed scrolls on other characters I think.
    Arvia
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    In my current game Isra died but was not chunked.

It happened just after finishing the bandit camp.

I was wondering if I caused the reputation to fall at this stage in order to get the horror spell, would she become fallen if the reputation rose again before she was raised?

i.e. Can a paladin fall whilst he/she is dead?
  • jessejmcjessejmc Member Posts: 141
    @Wise_Grimwald: Just tried this with Ajantis. Recruited him at 8 rep, let him die, dropped rep to 6, brought it back to 8 (adding and removing Baeloth), resurrected him, and he still had his paladin powers. I don't think you fall until you drop below 7 reputation, so as long as you have 7, 8, or 9, you can still get Horror without risk of falling regardless.
    Wise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehrAerakar
    @jessejmc Thanks for the quick reply. That's useful to know. It could be used as a tactic to avoid messing up romances since some NPCs don't like being dropped.
    Just had the strangest thing happen. Went back to solo clear Cloakwood as a Priest of Helm with five summoned skeletons. Sided with Aldeth over Seniyad, and one of the druids landed a Charm Person or Mammal on me.

The skeletons proceed to kill the druids, and I'm about to quit, but I let it play through. The skeletons start attacking me, and I realize the game hasn't ended. I had initially attributed it to the kill cam from Tweaks Anthology (SCS + Tweaks Anthology are the only installed mods), but it runs longer that I expect, so I move the skeletons. After a few rounds the charm wears off, and I continue on.

Do summons count as party members to prevent a game over when charmed?
    BlackravenAerakar
    edited September 2019
    Something has happened that has left me more than a little confused. Isra is in my party and due io armour and items she is wearing, her armour class is -8. I now equip a shield which gives an armour class bonus of 4 and it is still -8 ? :confused:
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Was a 2-handed weapon equipped?
    edited September 2019
    Yes it was. I realised the problem when playing the game and was just about to post it, but you guessed the problem before I managed to work it out. I feel a bit of an idiot for not working it out sooner.
    Grond0
    Does anyone know if an item's stolen status transfers from BG:EE to SoD? If I sell Evermemory in Nashkel and steal it back, can I sell it again in SoD?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @jessejmc: I assume it depends on whether you have Modmerge installed. If your BG1 and SoD installs are merged, I'm sure it will still be considered stolen. If they're not, I'm guessing the game won't remember.
    jessejmcZaghoul
    @jessejmc This has me thinking what would happen if you used a charm spell instead of Algernon's Cloak.
    Would the spell wear off before Drizzt died? If so, would Zakar continue to attack Drizzt?
    If he was no longer charmed when he killed Drizzt, would there still be reputation loss?

Some interesting questions I'll try to test next time around. My suspicion is that the charmed character continues attacking, like Silke continuing to cast Magic Missiles on herself after she goes hostile. I also suspect that you don't suffer from reputation loss or gain experience. If that's the case though, triggering the gnolls to do it is available at a much lower level.

Do all the charm spells cause the recipient to go hostile, or just some of them? The wiki only mentions hostility for Mental Domination and Charm Person or Animal. It may or may not be a factor.
    jessejmc wrote: »
    @jessejmc This has me thinking what would happen if you used a charm spell instead of Algernon's Cloak.
    Would the spell wear off before Drizzt died? If so, would Zakar continue to attack Drizzt?
    If he was no longer charmed when he killed Drizzt, would there still be reputation loss?

Some interesting questions I'll try to test next time around. My suspicion is that the charmed character continues attacking, like Silke continuing to cast Magic Missiles on herself after she goes hostile. I also suspect that you don't suffer from reputation loss or gain experience. If that's the case though, triggering the gnolls to do it is available at a much lower level.

Do all the charm spells cause the recipient to go hostile, or just some of them? The wiki only mentions hostility for Mental Domination and Charm Person or Animal. It may or may not be a factor.

I didn't know about Silke. Interesting.
    Aerakar
    edited September 2019
    I've been playing a fair amount of Avenger lately and have run into something I couldn't find while searching the forums. If you cast Improved Invisibility on yourself, shift to sword spider, then equip Edventar's Gift (Ring of Free Action), you retain haste while otherwise benefiting from free action.

I tried this with Baeloth too. Cast Haste and Improved Invisibility and then equip Edventar's Gift. Now freely run around in webs at hasted speed with an extra APR. It works for me in both non-modded and SCS installs.

Edit: Unfortunately, it doesn't work with The Paws of the Cheetah. Something else that happens when I shift to sword spider with an offhand weapon equipped is my character sheet displays 6 APR. Is that accurate? I thought you could only break 5 APR with Improved Haste or HLAs.

Edit 2: Not sure why I didn't think to try without Improved Invisibility first. If you shift to sword spider then equip Edventar's, you still have haste. I didn't check with the mage spell, but it probably works the same.
    Post edited by jessejmc on
    edited September 2019
    I am having a problem with the "Of wolves and men" quest.

It used to work fine, then it stopped working if I rescued Tonder.

Using the following worked and I could speak to him and I would be told where to find the sword.

C:CreateCreature("TONDER")

Now however if I use that command, the game says that Tonder does not exist. Somehow the cre file seems to have been destroyed. :'(

Firstly is this from the A C Questpack. Secondly if the file has somehow been deleted is it possible to copy it from the zip file and put it in the correct location. What is the file's name and what is the correct location? Override?
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    edited October 2019
    So I tried to take on Kangaxx, he summoned a SCS Dark Deva, and I ended up with two characters vorpaled while being unable to overcome the Dark Deva's regeneration.
    Is there a way to deal with these things other than waiting for them to despawn? Dispel on hit, vorpal on hit, 3 casts of Firestorm and some of Insect Plague, Heal I'm pretty sure is in there as well... Is the only solution PfMW or summons, or somehow getting a non-dispellable save vs death of -2 or higher?
    Edit: I can't recall if it's a Fallen Planetar of Deva.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Depends on your level and abilities. Imprisonment is the default way of getting rid of devas and planetars. But if your main problem is that you don't have a save vs death below -2, that's something you should address urgently, there's little reason not to have very safe saving throws (-6 and better). Base save vs death caps at 3 for warriors (I think, from memory) and 2 for priests. A further +5 bonus if dwarven/halfling. It doesn't take much in terms of x of protection, cloak of displacement, balduran's helm etc to be safely negative just from equipment.
    StummvonBordwehrGrond0Wise_Grimwald
    edited October 2019
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @jessejmc: All charm effects are flagged to make the target turn hostile. The sole two exceptions are Algernon's Cloak and the Nymph Cloak.

There are three caravan guards (introduced by a mod, not sure which) near Tarnesh, one being a dwarf the others human or elf. If you charm the dwarf he doesn't go hostile afterwards, therefore useful against Tarnesh. If you charm either of the others they do, and they are VERY dangerous enemies. They shoot arrows of freezing that hold you.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    StummvonBordwehr
    Sounds like Dark Side perhaps, or Dark Horizons.

I have a request for someone skilled with Near Infinity. My latest run keeps crashing, quite possibly because an actor (namely Bertram and his goons from the Gavin mod) keeps spawning in the corner of the map. I can't remove them myself as I am a) incompetent & b) on mobile. Could someone take a look for me please?
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited October 2019
    Seem to have solved it by brute force for now. Deleting the relevant files from the Override folder has let us move on in the Cloakwood forest.
    edited October 2019
    Just wondering if anybody knows if there is any significance in the colour of an Asimaar's eyes. Going from images that I have seen, I think that there might be, or is it the artist who makes that decision?

I have seen different opinions: Jewel coloured eyes, Topaz and pearly being the most common. Jewel coloured of course can mean any colour. Emeralds are green, saphires are blue, rubies are red, amathysts are purple, amber is yellow and so on.

According to wiki tiefling can also have a variety of colours in their eyes: black; red; white, silver or gold.

I was trying to decide if eye colour had anything to do with alignment.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    StummvonBordwehrAerakar
    edited October 2019
    I am currently role-playing a Banite Party of half-orcs.

I have Stone of Askavar installed and know that playing that mod I come into conflict with Banite Priests and Mages.

I am wondering therefore if there is any way of avoiding conflict with them other than just refusing the quest. After all, they are on the same side that I am. My party also want to raise him.

What would the effect be of attacking those who are wanting me to work for them? It is they who are the enemy after all.

Loss of reputation presumably? Instadeath?

Has anybody tried fighting them?

Are they even killable?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Wise_Grimwald In Stone of Askavar the priests and mages are pretty tough but can be killed. You're gonna have to kill quite a few to finish the quest, no way around it. The last fight is a real doozy but still doable with the right strategy and buffs. There are no negatives from killing them.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Hi there,

I'm about to try SoD for a second time, aiming for minimal reloads. Could you please point me to some insta-death encounters (like Ducal Palace in BGEE, where loosing the game is not tied to the Bhaalspawn's death)? I understand there are couple of those. Spoilers are not an issue.

Cheers,

B.
    JuliusBorisov