Skip to content

[MOD] Portraits Portraits Everywhere (for BG1EE, SOD, BG2EE, IWDEE, EET)

Comments

• SirickSirick Member Posts: 92
    edited October 2019
    megamike15 wrote: »
    so it's safe to assume your skipping sige of dragon spear? i'm not 100% sure if this mod even adds portraits for that besides those that show up in both like entar and belt. i ask because Artastrophe never got around to doing portraits for that besides the new party members.

I've never played SoD past the first few parts (I really didn't care for it), so I've currently no idea who the important NPC's are. However, I do plan to try and finish it this time during my current playthrough, as one day I may attempt a huge rewrite/rework overhaul mod of it (I work as a writer/director), so it'll be useful to get a better understanding of all the assets I'd have to play with.

So, once I've done my playthrough, I may assign some portraits to important NPC's that are to my own personal tastes. However, as far as I could tell, I think Portraits Everywhere already does assign portraits to SoD NPC's, since there are a number of portraits that are prefixed with "BD" (Beamdog) with character names I don't recognise.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i should point out that drasus should use a different portrait. the one you replaced his with is the one volghin uses in sod and bp 2.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    here's an alternative BG1 sarevok portrait based on new beamdog promo art:

9uhesvve55vh.png
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Sirick wrote: »
    -Updated to Version 2-

So. I have a personal need for visual conformity with all my Baldur's Gate portraits. And since I'm using Artastrophe's portraits for my companion NPC's (and a custom charname that matches), I really wanted the NPC portraits introduced by Portraits Everywhere to match as well.

r8stu6od8i1d.jpg

As you can see, this is not the full amount of NPC's in the game (not by far). This is because I only want portraits for what I consider to be the more important NPC's in the game. All other NPC's in my game will have no portraits.

All portraits are a mix of Artastrophe's work, and portraits sourced from the internet. (All credit goes to original artists).

I've increased resolution on all to the largest used by the game, 210x330.

I've increased the the contrast as to match closer with the games original portrait aesthetics (I've done the same with my companion and charname portraits).

And I've made other minor edits using Photoshop. Some of the edits are to make the portraits more uniform, alter character appearance, and or colours.

I wanted to share these portraits along with my edits with the community. Please feel free to use the portraits I've put together to replace the defaults. Or, to do the same as me and only have portraits for the NPC's I've considered important enough to have them, and delete all other NPC's from your override folder.

Unfortunately your file is corrupted, any chance you can repost?
  • BockhornBockhorn Member Posts: 2
    I have run into an issue with this mod that I hope someone can help me with.

Using the Ust Natha Drow NPCs components my party members portraits turned into Drow. When leaving the Underdark we killed the Silver dragon and doing so the illusion on being drows was cancelled. However the portraits are still of drow NPCs. I have tried changing the portraits with EE Keeper but even it is changed in EE Keeper the portraits will not change in game and are still of the drow.

Hope there is someone that has a work around for this so I can get the normal portraits back.
  • Orphéo89Orphéo89 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2020
    -Updated to Version 2-

So. I have a personal need for visual conformity with all my Baldur's Gate portraits. And since I'm using Artastrophe's portraits for my companion NPC's (and a custom charname that matches), I really wanted the NPC portraits introduced by Portraits Everywhere to match as well.

r8stu6od8i1d.jpg

As you can see, this is not the full amount of NPC's in the game (not by far). This is because I only want portraits for what I consider to be the more important NPC's in the game. All other NPC's in my game will have no portraits.

All portraits are a mix of Artastrophe's work, and portraits sourced from the internet. (All credit goes to original artists).

I've increased the the contrast as to match closer with the games original portrait aesthetics (I've done the same with my companion and charname portraits).

And I've made other minor edits using Photoshop. Some of the edits are to make the portraits more uniform, alter character appearance, and or colours.

I wanted to share these portraits along with my edits with the community. Please feel free to use the portraits I've put together to replace the defaults. Or, to do the same as me and only have portraits for the NPC's I've considered important enough to have them, and delete all other NPC's from your override folder.

Wahoo, it's amazing! Thank you for sharing your edits with the community! :)

If you did the same for SoD and BG2, can you share your edits too, please? Or at least the list of NPCs you think are the most important?

PS: I know I'm already asking a lot, but if you could also share the ones you made for the companions NPCs too? Especially Xan's (he'll be the character my PC will romanticize), which I think is really dark...
    And of course I promise to use it strictly for personal use, if you just want to share it in PM! :)
    Orphéo89 wrote: »
    -Updated to Version 2-

r8stu6od8i1d.jpg

If you did the same for SoD and BG2, can you share your edits too, please? Or at least the list of NPCs you think are the most important?

PS: I know I'm already asking a lot, but if you could also share the ones you made for the companions NPCs too? Especially Xan's (he'll be the character my PC will romanticize), which I think is really dark...
    And of course I promise to use it strictly for personal use, if you just want to share it in PM! :)

if you want the party members in this style you want this mod

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/51904/mod-artaport-4-0
  • Orphéo89Orphéo89 Member Posts: 10
    megamike15 wrote: »
    Orphéo89 wrote: »
    -Updated to Version 2-

r8stu6od8i1d.jpg

if you want the party members in this style you want this mod

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/51904/mod-artaport-4-0

Thank you for the link! :heart:

But I'm more interested in Sirick's edits because the portraits he modified are brighter and for me more beautiful.

And if he also does the same as the portraits he shared in this discussion but this time for the most important NPC's from SoD and BG2, that would be really great! :smiley:
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    A minor thing. Hull, the guard in Candlekeep is presented as being only a couple of years older than CHARNAME in BG1 Romantic Encounters, however the Portraits Portraits Everywhere mod uses a picture that looks older than Keldorn.

ytm8thxopg68.bmp
    @jastey @smeagolheart

Not game-breaking, but a minor inconsistency. The install order I've used places PPE after BG1 Romantic Encounters based on the recommendations in the readmes.
  • super_norqsuper_norq Member Posts: 6
    Hey,

I've got a small problem concerning the mod - installation went just fine and it works as intended in the case of the important characters like Gorion.

However, it fails when it comes to the "nameless" chars like Flaming Fist Mercs, Guards, Peasants, Tutors at Candlekeep and so on and so forth. :(

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

• AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    What is the recommended install order for this mod?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    After any other mods that add content because it *might* be able to generate some generic pictures for some NPCs if they are categorized correctly by those mods.
    one of the very last mods as it just adds portraits.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    OK, my other mods are Tweaks Anthology, SCS, Lighting pack, Jimfix, EE UI Tweaks, Inferno, Ammoless and Tresset’s choice tweaks. Of those, the last two are supposed to be SCS and Jimfix (because Jimfix fixes some stuff in SCS). So, can I safely install Portraits everywhere after Jimfix?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Alonso wrote: »
    OK, my other mods are Tweaks Anthology, SCS, Lighting pack, Jimfix, EE UI Tweaks, Inferno, Ammoless and Tresset’s choice tweaks. Of those, the last two are supposed to be SCS and Jimfix (because Jimfix fixes some stuff in SCS). So, can I safely install Portraits everywhere after Jimfix?

It changes creatures to assign them a portrait that's it. You can install it at any point however if you install it early, then a mod overwrites a creature then you might lose the portrait. So towards the end or at the end would be best.
  • davvero123davvero123 Member Posts: 3
    I`m using this mod for BG2EE but some of the portraits appear to be black.
    I recently completed a playthrough of BG1 with my games bookclub. Here are the thoughts on this mod:

Portraits Portraits Everywhere: Adds portraits to all the NPCs of your game. The only weirdness is it replaced Quyale's portrait with that of a slime in BG1. I'm not sure what that's about. Highly recommended to add some immersion to your game and so it isn't quite as obvious who are the "Important NPCs" because they have a portrait.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    The only weirdness is it replaced Quayle's portrait with that of a slime in BG1. I'm not sure what that's about.
    That sounds as if the mod patched the BG1 Quayle with the portrait supposed for the BGII cre (before the illusion fades). That, or someone doesn't like Quayle much.
    That makes sense.
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    That makes sense.

Which of the two theories I posted? :D (kidding)
    I'm guessing the EET version of Portraits... didn't distinguish between Quayle's .cre files and so thought that his BG1 CRE is the same as the BG2 one.
    @Caedwyr I was kidding. That's what I think, too.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Does this mean someone's updating this PPE mod for Quayle?
  • MidnightVoyagerMidnightVoyager Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2021
    I don't think I had that problem when I played this mod. Huh

There seems to be a table that assigns portraits. It has an entry for Quayle and QuayleM. The latter appears to be the slime. The portrait I have for QuayleM is the slime, Quayle is just the guy. It looks like it should work fine.
  • MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
    I love this mod and can't really imagine to play without it now.
    However, the portraits look so small on the screen. Is there a mod that changes the size of NPC portraits in the dialogue boxes so that they stand out more clearly?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @smeagolheart
    How EE 2.6 compatible is this?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Miridor wrote: »
    I love this mod and can't really imagine to play without it now.
    However, the portraits look so small on the screen. Is there a mod that changes the size of NPC portraits in the dialogue boxes so that they stand out more clearly?

You can try this mod. I think it may help you with your problem. Not sure if it's compatible with patch 2.6, though.
  • Daft_HunkDaft_Hunk Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2021
    Hello !
    I noticed a strange bug: when this mod is installed in a weidu other than english, sequenced or random portrait feature doesn't work anymore.
    Any idea why ?
    (Tested on EET, BG1EE and BG2EE)
  • MidnightVoyagerMidnightVoyager Member Posts: 31
    Daft_Hunk wrote: »
    Hello !
    I noticed a strange bug: when this mod is installed in a weidu other than english, sequenced or random portrait feature doesn't work anymore.
    Any idea why ?
    (Tested on EET, BG1EE and BG2EE)

As I understand it, it applies portrait based on name. Perhaps it's not localized?
  • Daft_HunkDaft_Hunk Member Posts: 17
    That was my though too, but I don't know how to localizate it.
    I tried to install it with en_US weidu after my eet installation and it kind of work, but only in bg2 which is... strange to say the least.