Skip to content

Sandrah Saga For EET

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited June 2019
    Thank you for sharing these stories, @PsicoVic. I can tell the appreciation you have for your ancestors and home. :)

On topic:
    On the bright side: compared to this the last season of GoT doesnt seem so bad at all anymore. :disappointed:

Wow, that is the first genuinely convincing argument in favour of the Sanrah mod I have read. I'm tempted to install it; it might just cure my post-GoT trauma. o.O
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Do not spoil me concerning GoT! I won'tbe able to watch it before the end of the year and I already expect horrible things.
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    Yep, all this talk makes me want to play the mod even more! I'll play through my mega mod EET install a couple times first before I install the Saga.

I plan to play though with a noncommittal Charname who can just stand back and be amused by all the drama, so I can attempt to play with Sandrah (spelled correctly!) as the main character, as if I am playing the whole game through another player's eyes. I'm hoping it's an absolute trip. I've played through the entire saga dozens of times, vanilla and heavily modded, and this seems like the only new direction left to go. Play it through with someone else's character, someone else's story, letting go of my own voice and just enjoying the ride, good or bad.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    I have this crazy feeling PaulaMigrate is back. Am I the only one who hasn't watched any GoT season?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    got never interested me.
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    Aasim wrote: »
    I have this crazy feeling PaulaMigrate is back. Am I the only one who hasn't watched any GoT season?
    giphy.gif

The books are pretty good. They say that the series are not bad, despite the last season. But as far as I know George R. Martin does not have anything to do with the scripts anymore, and he is writing another ending for the books ( or so he says, but right now only publishes fillers )
    Hey I spelled Sandrah correctly, so I can't be her, right? For reals, I'm a psychiatric RN and I love exploring people's personalities through their work, healthy or otherwise. Lava's are some of my favorite, with their recurring themes of loss and grief. I'm insatiably curious about this one's personality...
    edited June 2019
    You assume the characters of this mod have a personality to dissect. that is very kind of you. Enjoy your trip!
    Ha, thanks! I meant more along the lines of exploring the author's personality. There is some saying like, "If you want to know what the author is like, don't read about them, but read their work." I honestly wont get around to this Saga experiment for months, I want to do an evil party run through first, exploring Hexxat (whom I have heard almost nothing good about) and some other evil mod NPCs (Ariena, Adrian, etc).
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Maybe....:)
    The books are pretty good. They say that the series are not bad, despite the last season. But as far as I know George R. Martin does not have anything to do with the scripts anymore, and he is writing another ending for the books ( or so he says, but right now only publishes fillers )

I'm more of a Paul Auster/Nicolo Ammaniti fan, can't get into fantasy books much for some reason. Can't even read Tolkien.
    I loved Bukowski when I was younger.
    Angulimala wrote: »
    Hey I spelled Sandrah correctly, so I can't be her, right?

I can spell Aasim correctly, and here I be. Just kidding, I never mentioned any names. Don't let paranoia get you :)

I'm insatiably curious about this one's personality...

Apperantly, there's more than one personality you should be curious about.

You assume the characters of this mod have a personality to dissect. that is very kind of you. Enjoy your trip!

I think he/she wants to dissect RL people personalities based on their mods, not mod characters.
    edited June 2019
    I see, you are more into classics but in the past few decades there are some heavyweights you can try also if you want ( Carlos Ruíz Zafón, Murakami, Sapkowski, Rothfuss, Jim Butcher,Abercrombie... )
    Ha, thanks! I meant more along the lines of exploring the author's personality. There is some saying like, "If you want to know what the author is like, don't read about them, but read their work." I honestly wont get around to this Saga experiment for months, I want to do an evil party run through first, exploring Hexxat (whom I have heard almost nothing good about) and some other evil mod NPCs (Ariena, Adrian, etc).
    I... see... Oookey...

q6o6ngo4qj63.gif

Right, there is a mod called "Vampire world" so you can go full evil http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59490-mod-vampire-world-for-eet/
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521

You can't possibly do that to poor Adrian!
    edited June 2019
    @PsicoVic Hey, I'll try (almost) anything once! I've played this game in its original inception so many times this is where my mind has turned, trying to understand and appreciate all the varied personalities and perspectives of the other people who love this game. I'm the only person I know in real life who plays BG, so it feels like one big slightly dysfunctional family when I explore all these mods.

@Isewein do what to Adrian, subject him to a party run with Hexxat? Would that be cruelty to NPCs?
    I recently reinstalled EET with even more mods, including Sandrah Saga, intending to attempt a playthrough. Everything installed correctly the first time... except Sandrah! I thought, "maybe that's a sign, it's not meant to be."
  • zzdxzhagnzhizzdxzhagnzhi Member Posts: 1
    who has really got through this mod? I had been killed many times when first meet Sandrah after Gorion's death because there was a very powerful enemy squad including 3 Ogre and 2 Archer.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    GESancMan wrote: »
    Although, since Roxanne feels free to modify and host other modders' work without permission, I suppose she shouldn't object if I do the same to her mod...
    Firstly, I wouldn't be sure of that, and secondly - does anyone want to sink to that level?
    rewriting the code and cutting Sandrah the NPC out of Sandrah the mod. I'm about halfway through the BG1 portion of the game. I call it "Sandrah Minus Sandrah."
    That's the funniest idea I have heard in a long time. Not because it goes against Roxanne's mod, but because I never actually thought about it before. Because yes, the amount of work that went into that mod is incredible, and it does add additions and conclusions and follow-ups to almost any mod quest out there. (Like it or not, of course.)

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I would be very interested into a sandrah without sandrah mod.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    That is a sight to see for sure! And definitely has an audience already :)
  • GESancManGESancMan Member Posts: 3
    jastey wrote: »
    Although, since Roxanne feels free to modify and host other modders' work without permission, I suppose she shouldn't object if I do the same to her mod...
    Firstly, I wouldn't be sure of that, and secondly - does anyone want to sink to that level?

No, I would not. I was being facetious, and getting in a dig on Roxanne. I'm sure she would, in a most hypocritical fashion, be quite angry about it. :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I'm willing to sink, so feel free to send me this mod when done, @GESancMan

I would LOVE to see Roxanne complaining that I'm using it. :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited November 2019
    This would be unauthorized/unofficial version of Sandrah Saga. Hillarious idea ?

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't encourage anyone to alter Roxanne's mods without her consent, just found this specific notion hillarious knowing how she treats other modders work.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Count me amongst the one that would love to receive such a version. Pretty please
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Well, technically "Sandrah Saga without Sandrah" is possible even now - you can refuse to take her with you. At least it was an option before. She would try to convince you again a bit later, but you had the option to refuse. The only problem, most of the content that you were supposed to get through her will be lost.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited November 2019
    What's progress on this 'Less Sandy Sandrah' mod?

(And based on some replies in this thread, Sandrah seems like a Chosen of Mystra by her starting power level. Hmm.)
  • ShaewarosShaewaros Member Posts: 24
    Started playing Sandrah's Saga recently. My first impressions were quite positive - a lot of new content right out of the bat. A wolf companion? How nice. A gift sword? Great!

Whaaa...??? It's +3 sword? This was the first alarm. The second one was her level - way overpowered companion when my main char is level 1. Then I looked at Sandrah's inventory. A lot of unique gear, which could make for an unique companion. Her AC is 0? That's a bit too good to start with, but no biggie. +2 mace with other magical effects?? That's definitely way too good in the beginning of the game.

But what broke the camels back for me was the other Sandrah's mod companion you recruit from Friendly Arm Inn. I literally couldn't believe my eyes:

Base Thac0 = 3 ?????
    Thac0 with weapon = -1 ??????????????
    Sword+3 ?????????????????
    Lockpicking skill 85 ??????????????

OK... let's give it a try...

Went to fight an ogre - the toughest enemy that your party encounters until maybe 5 hours of gameplay. Immediately when battle starts this guy automatically shoots an energy globe that hits the ogre for 10 damage, knocks him unconscious and sends him flying across the screen. I swear I'm not shitting you - this is what actually happened. My main character is level 1, just left Friendly Arm Inn for the first time.

This mod completely and utterly breaks the combat and itemization of the game. I had high hopes for this mod, but I can´t see myself playing this any further.

Someone please rebalance this mod. I'm sure there's a lot of good content buried under there somewhere.