Skip to content

The Thread for Mirth/Share your Laughter

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Oh I just remembered, the forums are rated teen. I hope I haven't violated a rule by posting that picture. In my country you can buy and drink that yellow, foamy stuff in the glasses when you're 16. It's a sort of rotten, liquid bread, a traditional drink in Germany, but it will make you sick if you're not an adult!
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Arvia wrote: »
    Oh I just remembered, the forums are rated teen. I hope I haven't violated a rule by posting that picture. In my country you can buy and drink that yellow, foamy stuff in the glasses when you're 16. It's a sort of rotten, liquid bread, a traditional drink in Germany, but it will make you sick if you're not an adult!

Wait, it's not a cream soda fountain? ?
    ThacoBellArvia
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Artona I really think it's interesting how the american culture is sensitive to alcoholic beverages and coffee... Anyway there's no problem. Teen rating allows the display of acohol and even simulated gambling... It's equivalent to the PG-13 rating :)
    ThacoBellArvia
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @mlnevese That's funny, because I think its interesting how relaxed other cultures are about it. Considering alchohol is outright toxic and affects the body in a way similar to addictive medications.
    mlneveseArviasemiticgoddess
    edited January 2020
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @mlnevese That's funny, because I think its interesting how relaxed other cultures are about it. Considering alchohol is outright toxic and affects the body in a way similar to addictive medications.

I, on the other hand, find it very weird that there are countries where you can buy a gun before you're allowed to drink a beer. But that's a topic for the politics thread, I guess.

That said, alcohol can be very dangerous indeed. I had alcoholics in my family. And this week 6 or 7 young people in Austria died because a drunk guy hit them with his car.

On the other hand, chocolate is delicious and gives me a feeling that others describe with addictive drugs, and eating too much can lead to severe obesity, which is very dangerous for the health, too. That doesn't mean that I think chocolate should be forbidden, just consumed responsibly.
    mlneveseThacoBell
    @Arvia "I, on the other hand, find it very weird that there are countries where you can buy a gun before you're allowed to drink a beer. But that's a topic for the politics thread, I guess."

I agree! Not making an ethics call, just an observation on cultural differences. Technically, EVERYTHING is toxic in high enough amounts. You need a LOT of chocolate to reach the levels of damage alchohol can do in relatively small amounts.
    Arviamlnevese
    @Arvia "I, on the other hand, find it very weird that there are countries where you can buy a gun before you're allowed to drink a beer. But that's a topic for the politics thread, I guess."

I agree! Not making an ethics call, just an observation on cultural differences. Technically, EVERYTHING is toxic in high enough amounts. You need a LOT of chocolate to reach the levels of damage alchohol can do in relatively small amounts.

That's why I, personally, prefer chocolate :smile:

I don't think I misunderstood you. I hope I didn't sound offensive, just making a cultural observation, too.
    mlneveseThacoBell
    edited January 2020
    Let's all just agree to eat coffee flavored chocolate with something alcoholic inside while reloading a gun. :wink:
    semiticgoddess
    Arvia wrote: »

That's why I, personally, prefer chocolate :smile:

I don't think I misunderstood you. I hope I didn't sound offensive, just making a cultural observation, too.

You didn't, I just constanly worry about not coming across clearly.
    Arvia
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    So, there was this piece of poetry that I found randomly floating around on Reddit, and I realised that modern literature has come a long way indeed, and that, it's mode of expression, though changing, is still, really, really deep. It read as follows:
    "Here I sit, broken hearted,
    Came to shit, but only farted.
    Then one day, I took my chance,
    Went to fart, but shit my pants."

This is just so deep. The depressing dilemma of the chronically constipated individual. I don't think it could have been expressed better.
    ThacoBellBalrog99StummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddess
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You know, I heard that poem circulating on Buzzfeed a while ago--somebody had taken a picture of the first two lines as bathroom graffiti, but the second two lines weren't there. I wonder if somebody added the second two lines to make it more applicable to a broader context, because the first two lines only make sense as graffiti.
    DrHappyAngryRik_Kirtaniya
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    semiticgod wrote: »
    You know, I heard that poem circulating on Buzzfeed a while ago--somebody had taken a picture of the first two lines as bathroom graffiti, but the second two lines weren't there. I wonder if somebody added the second two lines to make it more applicable to a broader context, because the first two lines only make sense as graffiti.

Ya, the first part's been common bathroom graffiti longer than I've been alive.
    Balrog99Rik_Kirtaniyasemiticgoddess
    semiticgod wrote: »

Yeah, laxatives do that to you. :p
    Ze Frank is just amazing!

ThacoBellSkatan
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Finally got his dream job, eh?
    Yeah, that tracks :D
    Arvia
    Teaching my son how to jump as part of physical therapy, and I can't get this out of my head:
    er3s8n32nqhy.png
    StummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddess
  • m7600m7600 Member Posts: 318
    Don't take this as a knock on folks from the USA, take it as a knock on people with a lousy grasp of geography.

ThacoBell
    We Americans are LOUSY with geography. Knock away! :D
    Sometimes I like to watch old tech documentaries, like from the 1950's. I find them amusing for some reason. Here's one about transistors that I just saw, it had me in stitches (I have a weird sense of humor)

SkatanThacoBellBalrog99StummvonBordwehr
    SCIENCE! MOVING THE WHEELS OF PROGRESS FOR A BETTER TOMORROW, TODAY!

Man, I LOVE those old educational shorts. So cheesy.
    Balrog99m7600StummvonBordwehr
    Saw it on Instagram

ggu19hq3bhfc.gif
    StummvonBordwehrSkatan
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    edited February 2021

Post edited by Michelle on
    StummvonBordwehr
    Another one from Instagram

q8p81sidgval.jpg
    mlneveseSkatanshabadoo
    His weakness is fire :)
    m7600Skatan
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    edited February 2021
    His weakness is salmon eggs and a treble hook with a nice shiny spinner.
    EDIT: I should've said stink bait...yeah, make it stink bait on a treble hook...
    Post edited by shabadoo on
    m7600mlnevese
    qya0onmknl2f.jpg
    StummvonBordwehrmlnevese