Skip to content

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BG:EE (and BGT and EET) - Download

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @ArthasII Yes, most of the new content is inserted into the new areas. Not all, though. They are dependent on the main component because I decided so when setting up the mod install with several components. In theory, some of them could be installable without the main component, probably.
    StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    fantastic update, and it's so cool you enabled the difficulty-based scaling.
    StummvonBordwehrjastey[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I didn't move any encounter.

Both is fetch, yes, but Pilar & Geldehar with pickpocketing.
    [Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    StummvonBordwehr
  • memorymemory Member Posts: 83
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Question: Does anyone know where is Keelor the dwarf?

Wood of the Dead (AR01PB). Just before the bridge.

[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • bhavbhav Member Posts: 11
    Need a bit of guidance, I'm currently stuck on a quest.

I've cleared the Black Hand Temple (after clearing Ulgoth's Beard) and the Northern Citadel, as well as Fire Salamander quest (killed the salamanders and sirines), and cleared the orc crypt. But when speaking to the fisherman who is supposed to take me to Salamander island, there is no option to be ferried there. Am I missing something?
    edited January 2020
    This is a bug because he should take you there no matter the quest status. The ferry man is already back in his home town? Which version of the mod are you playing?
    Did you go to the Salamander island before clearing out the Temple of the Black Hand or is this the first time you want to go there?
    EDIT: And what exactly is he saying?
  • bhavbhav Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the response, Jastey.

The ferryman (Nadalin) is back in his hometown (Northern Coast), next to a boat. I did clear out the cave with fire salamanders (also on the Northern Coast), but did not go to an island map. Dialogue below:

Nadalin: "Welcome my friends. How can I help you?"
    CHARNAME: "We were just passing by to see how you were getting on."

There are no other dialogue options.

Edit 01: I spoke to Skipper, near the lighthouse ruins. I think I may have found a resolution to the issue. Will report back.

Edit 02: Speaking with Skipper resolved the issue. I had spoken to Skipper previously, but he doesn't refer you to Nadalin until after you inform Nadalin the quest is complete (salamanders defeated) and he returns to the Northern Coast. Then Skipper will trigger the dialogue option for Nadalin.
    Post edited by bhav on
    StummvonBordwehr
    @bhav Thanks for report. I noted it down, maybe this could be simplified a bit for the next version.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited February 2020
    2. Reedrig's second appearance is after the demon in Ulgoth's Beard. Then he will be in the village. His first appearance is in a cave in the area Fields of the Dead.
    1. in the south of the area "Fire Leaf Forest" between the two river arms is the travel trigger to a small pass from which there is an entrance to a cave. There should be a map note in the current version once you know in game that you have to go there. (The area is also open before that.)
    [Deleted User]
    edited February 2020
    There wasn't any question 3 and 4 when I looked at your spoilers.

2. which cave do you mean? The one where Reedrig is in the first time? I don't know from the top of my head, but the entrance should be on the map of the Fields of the Dead.
    3. After you talked to the Tanar'ri and want something from Haeball.
    4. With
    a potion of Freedom (POTN45)
    [Deleted User]
    edited February 2020
    3. The book is inside the mentioned cave inside the pass which you can enter from the Fire Leaf Forest. It's just in a shelf inside the interior.
    5. the ice salamander are on a separate island. The fisherman Nadalin will get you there, as soon as you chase away the monsters that are on his normal fishing grounds. Nadalin is inside Baldur's Gate, I think the docks.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    jastey wrote: »
    5. the ice salamander are on a separate island. The fisherman Nadalin will get you there, as soon as you chase away the monsters that are on his normal fishing grounds. Nadalin is inside Baldur's Gate, I think the docks.

In days of old he was in the bottom right corner by the low lantern.
    jastey
    edited February 2020
    edited February 2020
    2. I don't think so. All wanting it attack for some reason. Maybe... did you met Hasdar in Baldur's Gate?
    1. The people freed on the Fields of the Dead belong to Yvanne in Ulgoth's Beard. The people missing in the Citadel and how to open the crypt is a quest you have to solve in te citadel by talking to the people.
    The Commander Eldod has the key. You get a happy(er) ending if you free his mind with some heal or restauration spell. I forgot which one. You have to do that when he is inside without talking to him first. Eleonore will give you a scroll if you accept her quest friendly.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Thels
    3. the grapes are for one of the siriens. the area is mainly flavour, you'll see th epossibilitie when talking to the sirines. Every one wants something else.
    2. the major of his threatened home village.
    1. having a possibility to make use of the book somehow is a good idea. I'll note it down.
    edited February 2020
    The mod updates to v4.0.0!

Version 4.0.0 comes with bugfixes, a Russian translation by Arkie, Quest reward fixes by Angel, and two splitted components: "Will O'Hara soundset subcomponent" splitted from component "Will O'Hara NPC", by Roberciiik, and "Spawn less Monsters depending on Game Difficulty" splitted from main component: changes in monster numbers introduced in v.3.2.0 are now optional. Please note: due to the new components the component numbers are shifted.

Also, the entry to the pass in the Fire Leaf Forest will be open after talking to Oupaste, not before.

Changes:

-Russian version by Arkie
    -"Will O'Hara soundset subcomponent" splitted from component "Will O'Hara NPC", by Roberciiik
    -"Spawn less Monsters depending on Game Difficulty" splitted from main component (changes in monster numbers introduced in v.3.2.0 now optional); Polish translation by Cahir
    -Journal entry about Haeball wanting the elven bow should not be doubled.
    -Ordolath should give his wand of Polymorphing in all cases as a reward.
    -Pass entrance in Fire Leaf Forest is open after talking to Oupaste, not before (Book of the Unknowing)
    -Fire Salamander in cave should not all be called "Humbaba" and should turn hostile
    -Quest reward fixes, by Angel
    -Item descriptions and abilities corrected
    -Tolowered all new files, by Angel
    -Italian setup-ee.tra created from setup.tra
    -English setup-ee.tra revised by Cahir
    StummvonBordwehrbob_vengtl1942
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Just want to say: After reading up on this mod, I am thoroughly impressed. I'm in the middle of my second ever playthrough (first with EET). I spent days installing EET+a bunch of mods from scratch on a clean, fresh install. I'm kicking myself that I wasn't aware of this mod, because it would've been in my install order.

I'm extremely tempted to start a new game...but I'm worried that uninstalling EET End, installing this mod, then reinstalling EET End wouldn't work. Can anyone say whether or not this would be fine?
    tl1942 wrote: »
    I'm worried that uninstalling EET End, installing this mod, then reinstalling EET End wouldn't work. Can anyone say whether or not this would be fine?
    That's exactly how it's supposed to be done, no need to worry - from the EET_End perspective.
    Whether it is a good idea to install NTotSC on top of your list I cannot answer. In case you are using the Worldmap mod (some mods need it for EET, NTotSC doesn't), then NTotSC needs to be installed before that, for example.

tl1942StummvonBordwehr
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    Well, I've been playing my current playthrough with this mod installed and I went upstairs to find the encounter upstairs in the Jovial Juggler

The
    Demonknight
    appeared and then... doesn't really do anything. I can attack it but it doesn't attack back, doesn't seem like that's intended.
    tl1942