Skip to content

Famous Quotes and laws of reality...

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sadly true. No matter how legitimate the complaints are.
    Proont
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    If a series of events can go wrong, it will do so in the worst possible sequence.
    -- The Extended Murphy's Law
    Montresor_SPThacoBellProont
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    We don't need unicorns and dragons, we have the platypus. It's a mammal that lays eggs.
    -Ricky Gervais
    mlneveseOlvynChuruProont
    The platypus is the true lost link... Or an alien pet that got lost on Earth...
    ProontshabadooThacoBell
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    shabadoo wrote: »
    We don't need unicorns and dragons, we have the platypus. It's a mammal that lays eggs.
    -Ricky Gervais

We don't need unicorns; we have narwhals!
    mlneveseProontshabadooThacoBell
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    "Out from the shadows and into the flame.
    No soul living shall remember my name."
    semiticgoddessProontMontresor_SP
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    DragonKing wrote: »
    "Out from the shadows and into the flame.
    No soul living shall remember my name."

Including me, apparently...
    Montresor_SP
    "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
    Albert Einstein

This is something I think about a lot. At the end of the day success is incredibly motivating and accomplishing your goals and your dreams is something I wanted to do since I was a little kid that's been a driving force through my life. But, through all of that the times I felt happiest, the times I felt most secure, the times where my anxiety and stress were at 0; are the times where I felt like I was being most true to myself. Where I was trying to really become a person of substance. I wasn't looking for something extrinsic. I was focused inward and trying to develope the person Im becoming. That I had some code that I was living by that I was really deciding not just what outwardly success looks like but what does it mean to be a good person? What does it mean to be an effective person? What does it mean to be worthy of trust? And those things at the end of the day, those things are some that that when you invest in finding value in that, that it takes you somewhere amazing!

And as Bruce lee said, knowledge will give you power but character will give you respect.

And at the end of the day I can't thing of anything better than that! I can't thing of anything that will keep me company when I'm alone, when there is nothing but silence around. When all I can here is the sounds of my own thoughts. The only thing that is going to bring you and me comfort is respect, is self love, is knowing who you are really and knowing that you are true to that even when no one is looking! And that concept, that notion of having a guiding light, a principle, something by which you steer by that you are always true to and then in your moments of stress, chaos, confusion, of desire. That in your moments of deepest desire that you're still true to that, that all you think about is that North star, being that person you want to be. When you let that be your guiding light, when you stay true to that, nothing can hurt you! Because nothing will be able to make you feel badly about yourself! Because once you know who you are and you're true to it, nothing else matters!
    StummvonBordwehrmlneveseThacoBellProont
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I'm going to Randy's Cheeseburger Picnic tonight and keep thinking

"Never trust a man with no shirt on."

It's a Trailer Park Boys thing.
    Proont
    "Sometimes your life won't turn out how you plan it. It turns out how you work for it, how you wake up and chase that dream every single morning. It's what you give your time and your energy to that takes you to the next level."

"It's a mentality, roses can grow in the projects if you take care of the soil."

William Hollis
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellmlnevese
    Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.
    -- Edward Abbey
    ThacoBellMontresor_SPProont
    The impulse to dream was slowly beaten out of me by experience.
    -Richard Wright
    mlneveseProontStummvonBordwehr
    "I use to have homies but now I'm like *beep* because even back then all they did was pretend."
    Mike Jones
    The problem with trying to keep everything a secret is that eventually you will succeed.
    -- Jen-Hsun Huang
    StummvonBordwehrBalrog99Proont
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    “There is nothing so patient, in this world or any other, as a virus searching for a host.”
    ― Mira Grant, Countdown: A Newsflesh Novella
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrBalrog99Proont
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    “Art and life are subjective. Not everybody's gonna dig what I dig, but I reserve the right to dig it.”
    ― Whoopi Goldberg
    mlneveseThacoBellProont
    "I'm not afraid of the Boogieman,
    Instead I look at him like he's a friend,
    There's not a monster out there in the world,
    That's scarier than the one that's within."
    Balrog99Proontmlnevese
    A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
    -- Ramsey Clark
    Montresor_SPProontBalrog99
    "Discipline is sexy.
    Grind is cologne.
    Sweat I'd lingerie.
    Work is seductive.
    How attractive are you based on that standard?"
    Billy Alsbrooks
    There is no feeling greater than waking up to someone who you think loves you back.

There ain't no worse feeling than cherishing and giving your all to someone just to see they don't appreciate you.
    I have always been regretting that I was not as wise as the day I was born.
    -- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
    Balrog99Proont
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    "It isn't real until you are in it."

--- The Ultimate Law of Reality
    mlneveseBalrog99ProontMontresor_SP
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    “Today, the people who make things change, the people who have that knowledge, are the scientists and the technologists, who are the true driving force of humanity. And before you say what about the Beethovens and the Michelangelos? Let me suggest something with which you may disagree violently: that at best, the products of human emotion, art, philosophy, politics, music, literature, are interpretations of the world, that tell you more about the guy who's talking, than about the world he's talking about. Second hand views of the world, made third hand by your interpretation of them.”
    ― James Burke, Connections
    ProontBalrog99mlneveseThacoBell
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed that I would see the last.

- Jerry Pournelle
    StummvonBordwehrmlneveseProontBalrog99
    When I point, look where I point, not at my finger.
    -- Warren McColloch, American Neurophysiologist, Poet, and Prophet
    ProontMontresor_SPRik_Kirtaniya
    Most of us are about as eager to be changed as we were to be born and go through our changes in a similar state of shock.
    -- James Baldwin
    StummvonBordwehrshabadooMontresor_SPProont
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."

--- Friedrich Nietzsche
    mlneveseProont