Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2021
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i was thinking about this today;

nxy407n8dki2.jpg

Perhaps his son is adopted?
    Post edited by Blackbɨrd on
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Mind control is anathema to me. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Stop them, maybe try to enlighten them but brainwash them? I'll pass...
    Montresor_SPThacoBellArvia
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Ed Lay makes some very interesting web comics... The Luna/Mindreaver story is currently in part 6. I'll just link to his webtoon page here and stop derailing the thread :)

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/edd-lais-stories/list?title_no=301213
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Zaxares wrote: »
    mlnevese wrote: »
    The tale of the not that evil mindflyer continues :)

I like to think that said mind flayer was also chased out of its own community due to having too many tentacles. ;) (Ulitharids hve 6 tentacles, and they're already regarded as being ultra-elites among their kind. An illithid with as many tentacles as this one has might have been perceived as being a threat to the Elder Brain itself. ;) )
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Mind control is anathema to me. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Stop them, maybe try to enlighten them but brainwash them? I'll pass...

That is a very thought-provoking topic. If you use mind-controlling magic to compel a creature to do good deeds, or change its alignment to Good, even for its own salvation (assuming this is a D&D world where Evil souls will definitely wind up in the Lower Planes somewhere), is that in itself, still a good deed, considering that you never gave the creature a choice in the matter?
    If you use mind control to force a creature to do neutral deeds, does that count as a neutral act?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Depends on whether the creature was already neutral
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    In one of the other comics I mentioned the good mindflayer uses mind control to force a human to jump and save her from a trap he still had not disarmed in the dungeon. So was this a good or evil act? :)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    What if you're using mind control to prevent another person from using THEIR mind control powers on someone else?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Jhasso:
    Shapeshiftin' bastards! I hate 'em with a fiery passion of seven suns!
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    3w822s16oln8.jpg

Template below.
    e0m0ogppxe45.jpg
    sarevok57ThacoBellBlackbɨrdleeux
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @sarevok57
    Help Marl and gain 900 Exp then kill him for an additional 650 Exp.

Power Gaming :lol:

in the vanilla bg1 yes, but in the EEs, they made it if you kill him when he is blue you will actually lose REP
    monicoleeuxMontresor_SPAdul
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2020
    ohc2z4yfk0xp.jpg
    Chapter 2 in a nutshell
    smyth25sarevok57Adul
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    kaiden has alot of character development in 3. it's why i tend to save him more often then ashy.
    ThacoBellleeux