Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Balrog99
    I've never had the problem of them attacking NPCs but I agree they are incredibly annoying and while I've never died from the encounter I have lost party members and just generally hate the encounter.
    Balrog99
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    vqrz6qfml6dy.png

By the way, if you do give your money to this guy, you actually have to give ALL your money; not just 100 gold, but ALL of it.

are you serious? is that the ACTUAL dialogue of that encounter? for all the years i've played SoA and play throughs i have had, I've never realized he broke the 4th wall so hard, i've encountered that guy a million times and he had me at no when he said; give me all your money

so i never read on
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @sarevok57: It's edited dialog, just for funsies.

I once clicked the wrong dialog option in a no-reload run. I was pretty sad about losing all the party's money to some random thug that we could have easily trounced.
    sarevok57OlvynChuru
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I'm a bit of a sufferer from oneitis - a potentially crippling disease that causes an unconscious reflex to instantly hit the 1 key the instant you see some BG dialogue ;). There are a few encounters where that can be painful - like boasting to the drow that you've just come from the lair of Adalon. The mugger encounter is another of those and I've lost my gold on a number of occasions to them. It's quite possible though to recover the situation by killing that mugger as he staggers away with his loot - it's a bit surprising that all the nearby residents don't scramble towards the sounds of thousands of pieces of gold tinkling as they hit the floor ...
    Balrog99sarevok57PsicoViclolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Huh, I've never seen that mugger before.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Aedan wrote: »
    e9poxui9rpii.jpg

Credit goes to Emily Baines :)

A missed opportunity to include items there. ''to warm my hands'' with a picture of the bards gloves or any other bracers would be funny.
    Just so I don't spam the meme thread, I'm making my own thread over here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79168/posting-an-out-of-context-baldurs-gate-npc-everyday/p1?new=1

Where I'll be posting some (silly) out of context Baldur's Gate NPC videos. I don't wanna be that guy self-promoting and spamming the meme thread, so yeah just made my own thread.
    mlnevese
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »
    A missed opportunity to include items there. ''to warm my hands'' with a picture of the bards gloves or any other bracers would be funny.

I disagree, using in-game artwork on the 3 setup images might imply that there is another level of humour to be interpreted beyond the basic 1-2-3 (setup) and 4 (punchline). Using bard's gloves would hint at a second layer joke that just isn't there. Using the flaming hands spell would add a rudimentary second layer joke, but probably at the expense of the primary layer.
    semiticgoddess
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »

I disagree, using in-game artwork on the 3 setup images might imply that there is another level of humour to be interpreted beyond the basic 1-2-3 (setup) and 4 (punchline). Using bard's gloves would hint at a second layer joke that just isn't there. Using the flaming hands spell would add a rudimentary second layer joke, but probably at the expense of the primary layer.

I meant purely using items (not featuring Minsc), so for example to warm my head (A helm of some kind), warm my feet (boots of speed), to warm my hands (bracers or gloves) and then finally to warm my heart (whatever item you choose).
    Spreading more propaganda.
    w2c1c32lqog0.jpg
    ZaramMaldovarPsicoVic
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2020
    I thought she was part of the five. Shouldn't that be: Why out of the five, only I suck?
    ThacoBellmegamike15
    lroumen wrote: »
    I thought she was part of the five. Shouldn't that be: Why out of the five, only I suck?

I think her above presentation is why the five (obviously aside from her) suck. Or maybe along with being weak, she is also stupid?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2020
    I only just realise that this can be interpreted as a non-pg13 joke. O.o
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    she is the weakest of the 5 unless you used the tougher boss fights in ascension.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @jmerry Would you mind tagging me in that thread when it comes? I'd love to read it.
    Rao
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075

Yaga-Shura also kind of sucks. He has less HP than an Elite Fire Giant.
    semiticgoddess
  • RedRodentRedRodent Member Posts: 78

Yaga-Shura also kind of sucks. He has less HP than an Elite Fire Giant.

I've also always had more trouble with Draconis than his father. It's weird that the actual demi-god turns out to be such a chump after the performance his glorified doorman gives. #recessivegenes
    Montresor_SPThacoBellsemiticgoddessBlackbɨrd
    I hate to be that guy self promoting his stuff but as this is the meme thread... I present the Baldur's Gate 3 trailer but it's just a meme!

I'm also not entirely sure if BG3 memes are allowed in this thread?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    i think so... it's the Baldur's Gate Meme thread so even Memes about the old PS games would be on topic... anyway people post many memes that are just D&D related so... why not? :)
    Blackbɨrd
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited June 2020
    A reminder of why attacking Elminster is a bad idea:

Not if you're a Bounty Hunter!
    OlvynChuru