Skip to content

Famous Quotes and laws of reality...

Comments

• shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    Kurt vonnegut

This worries me, since I'm running a Vampire Sabbat game right now and the group is a bunch of murder hobos.

That reminds me of the Simpson's and the hobo on the train. "I'm not a stabbing hobo, I'm a singing hobo". (Starts singing): I'm livin' the hobo life, stabbin' people with my hobo knife. Hilarious!
    Montresor_SPProontDrHappyAngry
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Bessie Braddock MP: “Winston, you are drunk, and what’s more you are disgustingly drunk.”

Winston Churchill: “Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.
    mlneveseProont
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Well plastic surgery does wonders nowadays... it also creates horrors escaped from the Great Beyond, expelled by the Great Old ones themselves for being too horrifying, but that's a topic for other thread :wink:

I think Lovecraft could have written a great story about "The Escapee from the Plastic Surgery Clinic"! :mrgreen:
    mlneveseRik_KirtaniyaProont
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.
    ― Ian Fleming, (Goldfinger)
    Montresor_SPRik_KirtaniyamlneveseProont
    Why settle for a six pack if you can have a beer barrel instead?
    ― The pragmatic Husband
    Montresor_SPmlneveseRik_Kirtaniya
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    What men really want is not knowledge but certainty.
    -- Bertrand Russell
    StummvonBordwehrProontRik_Kirtaniya
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    "It takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast."

-- The Red Queen Effect
    mlneveseProontMontresor_SP
    I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.
    ― Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky, (Notes from Underground)
    mlneveseMontresor_SPProont
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    You can have a new year but it doesn't mean jack diddly if you don't have a new mind! I'm telling you that you can buy a new car, but if you put the old man in a new car you're still going to have the old experience. I'm telling you that a new house doesn't make a new marriage! I'm talking about a new outfit doesn't make you a new person! And if you think that you are magically going to be a new person, I hate to be the bearer of bad news because new life comes from a new mind and a new way of looking at your life!

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Well plastic surgery does wonders nowadays... it also creates horrors escaped from the Great Beyond, expelled by the Great Old ones themselves for being too horrifying, but that's a topic for other thread :wink:

That should keep people from marrying someone for their looks... you'll never know what your children will look like!
    mlneveseProont
    Arvia wrote: »

That should keep people from marrying someone for their looks... you'll never know what your children will look like!

Thank heavens things done in plastic surgery are not added to DNA...
    ArviaMontresor_SPThacoBellProont
    Arvia wrote: »

Thank heavens things done in plastic surgery are not added to DNA...

...yet.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellProontmlnevese
    The world always makes the assumption that the exposure of an error is identical with the discovery of truth--that the error and truth are simply opposite. They are nothing of the sort. What the world turns to, when it is cured on one error, is usually simply another error, and maybe one worse than the first one.
    -- H. L. Mencken
    StummvonBordwehrProontDrHappyAngryArvia
    Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.
    ― G.K. Chesterton
    mlneveseProontsemiticgoddessArvia
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    “It's easier to avoid the snares of love than to escape once you are in that net whose cords and knots are strong; but even so, enmeshed, entangled, you can still get out unless, poor fool, you stand in your own way.”
    ― Lucretius, The Way Things Are
    mlneveseArviaProont
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
    - Voltaire
    ProontmlneveseStummvonBordwehrDrHappyAngry
    Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.
    ― Edgar Allan Poe
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrProontArvia
    If my husband ever met a woman on the street who looked like one of his paintings he would faint.
    -- Jacqueline Roque, wife of Pable Picasso
    ArviaProontMontresor_SP
    "Life is suffering to survive, we that's finding meaning that suffering."
    DMX
    To a hammer everything looks like a nail!
    To a racist everything is predicated on race!