Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    True. But still not close enough for my taste. Gotta love to have polar winters instead of hot summers after all.

The next poster doesn't like paladins. For they lay their hands on anyone... clearly those touchers need to be stopped!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited November 2020
    Edit: False. Everyone likes a good massage.

The next poster is closer to the Greenwich line than to the International Date Line.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Well, honestly speaking, I'm kinda midway between the two, being at almost 90° E.

The next poster has never been out of their country.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    False, I have been to Canada once.

The next poster has spent more time abroad than in the country they were born in.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Nope. While I have spent many, many years outside the good old USA, it hasn’t been that many.

The next poster has a tattoo they don’t want their mum to know about.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    False. Not getting a tattoo around ~18 years of age was the only mature decision I took back then. All my friends (and me) was into tribals back then, á la Cloney in from Dusk to Dawn. Yes, quite happy today about that decision.

The next person has a sleeve (or two).
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    True. Nowadays I even wear three sleeves at all times: two on the arms and one on my face. My head is now all warm and cozy. Highly recommended during winter season!

The next poster never experienced ASMR before and has no clue what to make of this abbreviation.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Maybe true, what is sure is that I completely ignore the meaning of that abbreviation, so I can not tell it for sure.

The next poster knows what ASMR is (so, if he explains it I don't have to google it :D ).
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    ASMR is short for Autonomous Sexy Monster Revivalism, a religious subsection of the furry community that lives in independent communes in Arizona. They're not officially autonomous since the legality of their independence is disputed by the U.S. government, but they've achieved some measure of self-rule by citing an old Navajo peace treaty still in effect.

It's more or less a ripoff of Rastafarianism, but with fursonas. Picture a bunch of guys in B-movie monster outfits smoking weed in the middle of the desert.

The next poster has had an MRI!
    semiticgod wrote: »
    ASMR is short for Autonomous Sexy Monster Revivalism, a religious subsection of the furry community that lives in independent communes in Arizona. They're not officially autonomous since the legality of their independence is disputed by the U.S. government, but they've achieved some measure of self-rule by citing an old Navajo peace treaty still in effect.

It's more or less a ripoff of Rastafarianism, but with fursonas. Picture a bunch of guys in B-movie monster outfits smoking weed in the middle of the desert.

The next poster has had an MRI!

True. I had a Musical Ride Injury. Fell off a carousel. It made my head spin.

The next poster is getting annoyed with all the fake acronyms.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    True. That;s why I joined CAFA - Citizens Against Fake Acronyms.

The next poster has to deal with so many acronyms in their professional life that they've literally lost track of them.
    False. I do, but I rarely loose track of them. Working in a corporate environment there's not rare me and colleagues can have a conversation that goes something like this

Hey did you get the CBA?
    Yes, the UFT of the LDDP was quite FBG.
    FBG? Nah, I thought it was URT2?
    Nope, it's FBG. What's URT2?
    It's the next-gen OPQ system, you know the one P&IT use.
    Ah sure, I thought they had already moved on to HAMSA.
    .. etc.

The next person loves to confuse new employees by using excessive 3-letter "words".
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited November 2020
    False. On the contrary. I'm the one who has fun finding silly alternative explanations for acronyms and asking if that's what the person meant.

The next poster has never finished ToB. (Edit: That was not intentional, I swear. I mean Throne of Bhaal)
    True. I used to be a bit ashamed of that and kinda tried to give the impression I had, without actually saying it outright, in this very forum. I felt a bit silly to have so many hundreds of hours of playtime and never having finished it among all these people who has finished it so many times. When people mention the endings of different characters I have no idea what they mean since I never even googled it or watched a youtube of it. To be frank, the furthest I've got was just shy of yaga-shura, but I lost interest earlier than that. The constant battles and HLA's are just plain boring for me personally.

The next person has already started their christmas preparations.
    Skatan wrote: »
    True. I used to be a bit ashamed of that and kinda tried to give the impression I had, without actually saying it outright, in this very forum. I felt a bit silly to have so many hundreds of hours of playtime and never having finished it among all these people who has finished it so many times. When people mention the endings of different characters I have no idea what they mean since I never even googled it or watched a youtube of it. To be frank, the furthest I've got was just shy of yaga-shura, but I lost interest earlier than that. The constant battles and HLA's are just plain boring for me personally.

The next person has already started their christmas preparations.

True. I am scoping out gifts and budgeting. I’ll probably do a splurge run in 2 weeks or so and get it all done then start planning on when to see family and friends in a safe way next month.

The next poster does not think Baby Yoda is cute and wants to punt like a football everytime someone mentions it.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Meh, I don't care about Baby Yoda. Now catgirls are someone I'd call cute.
    u6tnlcwi7aim.pngoxdqv9zzy4z0.pngq2z34nme9jvs.png

The next poster needs more dopamine surges in their daily life.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Meh, I don't care about Baby Yoda. Now catgirls are someone I'd call cute.
    u6tnlcwi7aim.pngoxdqv9zzy4z0.pngq2z34nme9jvs.png

The next poster needs more dopamine surges in their daily life.

True! That's the problem with ADHD, my brain can't produce enough of it without outside stimulation.

The next poster has a disease/disability that was unknown 10 years ago.
  • m7600m7600 Member Posts: 318
    False. I don't have any diseases or disabilities (none that I'm aware of, at least).

The next poster believes that combat in tabletop D&D is too slow, and tries to think of home brew rules to make it faster.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    True, despite having never played table top D&D, I consider myself well versed in how to run your first game as DM, top 10 worst player types to watch out for, homebrew rules, timing, planning... etc. all thanks to YouTube. I've recently been following the Icewind Dale campaign with the Mighty Misfits and am enjoying the series by Matthew Colville :smile: My first table top will probably be with my reluctant family once the kids are old enough heh.
    The previous poster will forget to guess a fact about the next poster. :wink:

The next poster will forget to respond to the guess of the previous poster.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    True... Posting too late at night ooops lol.

The next poster will want the previous poster to add a small mod to the forums before Christmas.
    Unsure.

The next poster will, as opposed to me, understand if the poster previous to me meant themselves by "previous poster" or their own previous poster, because I'm confused about the point of reference here, and since Christmas is over, I can't verify or falsify the statement, unless it's acceptable to say that I expect a small mod until Christmas 2021.
    Additionally, the next poster will get us out of this hell-hole time loop and tell us about their "socially distanced" Christmas experience.
    False.. eeh true? Wait, I'm confused. OK true. Not much to say, spent Christmas with the GF in Brazil. Our first together, just me and her, Little Drummer Boy by Johnny Cash, a table full of brazilian/swedish mix of traditional food and a gift each. It was simple, but for us it was very special since last year we had to spend it apart.

The next person has been vaccinated or has received a date for vaccination. For Covid19 of course.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited January 2021
    False, apparently Canada is having trouble getting vaccines in and my country is doing it by age group where older people get it first, so i probably won't get access to it until fall or some such *sigh*

The next poster knows what the "north american house hippo is"
    Post edited by sarevok57 on
    False, probably. Sounds like a euphemism for "severely obese dog or guinea pig".

Next poster has played all the EE NPC quests.
    House hippo:
    And false. I played them all in BG but not BG2.

The next poster hasn’t played a Beamdog game in over a year but is still here hanging out.
    True, except for minor beta testing of 2.6 but that wasn't really playing.

The next person is contemplating buying CP2077 but just can't come to a decision.
    I spent 8 dollars on 10 pairs of socks today at Target and it felt like a splurge to spend that much. Almost every time I see a price tag I think, "this is rich people stuff." The only new games I own are those I got as gifts. I am too cheap to buy Cyberpunk 2077.

The next poster is a wealthy sugar daddy.
    I spent 8 dollars on 10 pairs of socks today at Target and it felt like a splurge to spend that much. Almost every time I see a price tag I think, "this is rich people stuff." The only new games I own are those I got as gifts. I am too cheap to buy Cyberpunk 2077.

The next poster is a wealthy sugar daddy.

Sadly True. Not that wealthy, but not living pay cheque to pay cheque. I have easily survived missing months of work last year (and now this year), although it has taken a bigger chunk out of my savings than I’d have liked, especially as I help family & friends who aren’t as financially stable as I am.

The next poster has played a Beamdog game within the last week.
    True. I'm taking an Archer through BG:EE on Android when I have time to play and the kids have the laptop for school stuff... the mobile versions of the EEs are really great on tablet. My current game focus on PC is Mass Effect, though.

The next poster likes Star Trek: Discovery.