Skip to content

[Mod] Imoen 4 Ever - Experience the BG Saga with Imoen - and the beginning of SoA without pressure!

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    jastey wrote: »
    It should be available next week.
    Of course, that was without counting in time for the translation of the Polish language version, but I am in contact with the translator already!

• lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    This is a really big mod from a role playing point of view. Does this mean that Irenicus is basically harmless then since he is locked up and didn't take Imoen?
    @lollers Irnicus will not come after the PC or Imoen as long as the game is in chapters 2 and 3, no.
    The original game content kicks back in when the group travels to Brynnlaw: now Imoen gets kidnapped and everything progresses as in the original game.
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I have never done that before. Tell people I am hunting for Irenicus rather than helping Imoen. I guess I might find out the difference some day, but not some day this year. I have already scratched my BG itch for this year. This is good motivation for me to figure out how EET works next year maybe.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Im currently playing BG2 with this mod and Im really loving it so far! Imoen is a badass thief and an excellent mage , and its great to have her around in chapter . The dialogues after each dream scene are great and made Irenicus a bit spookier.
    @jastey I noticed that Byllana's dialogue (the woman at the government district) still mentions Imoen being arrested by the cowled ones.
    @DJKajuru Thanks for your feedback! I am glad you like the feel of the game with I4E.

I appreciate the report, but I think the mod covers all instances for Lady Brylanna. Which version of the mod are you playing? And is it possible that you installed other questmods or NPC mods before I4E? Some insert new reply options at the top which would make I4E fail to patch the right reply option. I4E should be installed as soon as possible in the install order.
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    I believe I've found a missed reference to seeking Imoen. It's during the conversation with Jermien , the wizard in Umar Hills looking for the mimic's blood.
    @Tygaran you are right, there are two instances about "saving coin to rescue a friend" I missed so far. Thanks for reporting!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    This is great news! I can't wait to try it. This is the mod I have been waiting for ever since SoD was announced. A real game changer.
    Thank you very much @Permidion_Stark !
    Let me know if you encounter problems. And of course I am interested in any and all feedback and criticism!
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Nice!

Does this mod allow you to recruit and have Imoen in the party during the Candlekeep Prologue?
    Thels wrote: »
    Nice!

Does this mod allow you to recruit and have Imoen in the party during the Candlekeep Prologue?

@Thels No, (not yet?) That idea actually never came to me.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i see no reason why you should. i mean she joins like 5 seconds after leaveing candel keep. unless jastey wants to add interjections for every quest in the tutorial.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Well, the Mod is called "Imoen Forever", not "Imoen after the Prologue is done". ;)

That said, I can understand why that part of the game would not be included.
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    Hello,

First I'd like to thank you @jastey for everything you're doing for thoses games, for the basic players (as me) and for the help/support I think you give to other modders.

I discovered this mod quite recently and I'm in the middle of a (modded) playthrough, chasing Sarevok in the maze.
    Imoen is in my team and I was wondering if it's possible to install the mod before I start SoD ?

It would be so cool to be able to get Imoen back so fast :smiley:
    edited December 2020
    @Adam_en_tium that should be possible, yes. But there is two known bugs in the SoD part of the mod. I was hoping to update it tomorrow with fixes, so maybe it will be worth if you wait for the update.
    Thanks for the kind words!
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    Thanks a lot, I'll wait even more than tomorow if needed.
    I play this game quite slowly anyway :blush:
    And the mod updates to v6!
    The new version comes with bugfixes and a Russian version by Raza, stn & Arcanecoast Team. Thank you very much for the translation!

Changelog v6:
    - Added Russian version by Raza, stn & Arcanecoast Team
    - Imoen should not die instead of Ophyllis after interjecting into his (last) dialogue
    - Imoen should not loop her "arrival in hell" StringHead line. Her script action should not block the rest of the area script.
    - Imoen's generic kickout dialogue should not block the original dialogue at the and of SoD.
    - typo corrections
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    Hello!

Thanks so much for this mod. It's a real game-changer and it's definitely going to be one of my must-have mods from now on. It worked really well with the NPC stronghold mod because I could roleplay that my NPC knew that she needed to build up a powerbase and a whole network to be powerful enough to confront Irenicus (Imoen and the Shadow Thieves, my cleric PC and the Lathander priests, Keldorn and the order, etc.)

I noticed a few typos, lines that don't work with the mod or confusing lines that could be re-worded for clarity. I don't know where they are in the dialogue files, I just took photos on my phone as I was playing :sweat_smile: The list is below:
    - Yoshimo says, "This is reason to rejoyce" when Imoen returns, but it should be rejoice
    - Jaheira has an interjection with Aran Linvail when you first meet him saying, "We have friends in need of rescue and vengeance both!" which doesn't really work if Imoen is with you.
    - There is a potential response to Bodhi when you first fight her where the PC can say, "Perhaps they have some sympathy for my plight. The rescue I wish is a worthy cause."
    - The PC can respond in a Spellhold talk: "Just as little as the Bhaal essence would be passed to our children are we brothers and sisters in the physical sense, Imoen." This makes sense, but I think it's a little bit confusing. I had to read it a few times before it clicked (possibly I'm just an idiot).
    - In the same talk, Imoen says, "There must be dozens, if not hendrets" where she should say hundreds
    - I'm not even sure this is from the mod. It might be from IEP friendship mod. "I feel the loss of my soul, ." The punctuation just needs some cleaning up.

The only other out of place dialogue I saw were related to the NPC stronghold mod. I imagine that any changes would need to be made to that mod, not this one. I'm happy to post something in the relevant forum, if you'd like (although I'm not sure if it's being updated much anymore)

Thanks again for all your work!
    @energisedcamel thank you very much for the kind words and the feedback!
    All typos were from I4E, the last one was a misspelled token for CHARNAME (and thus not displayed) between the comma and the dot. The instances from Jaheira and the PC reply for Bodhi will be considered in the next version.

NPC Stronghold mod was recently updated with the compatibility changes (upon other things) by @Cirosan so there is hope any needed content adaptions for compatibility will be integrated, too. I'd be ready to help with that.
    I'm curious, why create a new instance of Imoen in the slums at all? Couldn't you just move the instance of her from Spellhold to that location instead? For a truer "Imoen Forever" perhaps you can work with the author of the"Eternal Imoen" mod or check it for coding.

I always wonder why Bioware implemented multiple versions of Imoen when you can script in changes to dialog file used and move the create instance around.

At least it looks like the version of Imoen who rejoins in the slums is used is the same one who later rejoins in Spellhold.
    edited April 2021
    @Tygaran Unifying the two Imoen creature files so they would use the same Death Variable throughout a (BGII+BGII:EE) game would require a tweak that would go through every game ressource related to ID, including mods, and patching them accordingly. This tweak would best be applied very late in install order so all mods adding to Imoen in Irenicus Dungeon would be considred as well. Such a tweak would be feasible, but it's a level of scripting I am not firm with.

The "Eternal Imoen" mod is not a very good example for how to do this because it just overwrites Imoen in Irenicus' Dungeon, giving her a pre-prepared copy of her original ID dialogue. It doesn't consider mods. [EDIT: at least the version I was looking at; I am not aware of any updates to that mod] The reason why such a tweak would need to consider mods, too, is because mods do not account for this possibility yet. Also, out of experience I know that it would be a PITA if content for Imoen would have to be added to two different sets of dialogue files so this is not a standard I'd like to implement.

I mean - if someone provides an appropriately elegant patching routine to achieve this I'd be all for it. Despite the title of this mod (Imoen4Ever) such a tweak would best go into a tweak pack, though, because of the install order requirements.
    At least it looks like the version of Imoen who rejoins in the slums is used is the same one who later rejoins in Spellhold.
    That's true, EDIT: correction; what I4E does is using a patched copy of the ID Imoen with the Death Variable and dialogue of the Spellhold one, as that is the version of Imoen the game expects outside of the ID prologue.
    Post edited by jastey on
    I get what you mean about how complex it could be to take into account anyone else modding the starting dungeon. Didn't think of that since I typically install a mod that lets me skip past it all. =]

Related question... is it also too complicated to move the original instance of Imoen into the slums rather than spawning in a new instance? It looks like you're just copying the imoen10.cre file anyway.
    @Tygaran it's the other way around. I am using a copied and patched version of the ID Imoen, because the Spellhold Imoen is too high level.
    I'm just wondering why you didn't just use the ID version instead of spawning a new one. Haven't looked too closely at the code, but I'm assuming the game just does a destroy action on script name "imoen" either in or just before the promenade cut scene.
    @Tygaran it's because of what we discussed earlier: the original ID version will not be recognized as "Imoen" outside of ID/the prologue because of the different Death Variable.

There is no way to change a creature's Death Variable inside the game, so it needs a new creature file.
    While it's possible I have an outdated version, I ran into a bug with OPhylius (so?) in SoD. After defeating the Crusader's at the last camp, when he dies and leaves behind a swrod, Imoen has an interjection and SHE's the one who dies instead.
    @Tygaran yes, I'm aware, and I meant to fix this with the current version (but managed to screw it up differently, now noone dies. Will be fixed in the next version). Thanks for reporting, nontheless!