Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• barker262barker262 Member Posts: 74
    Thanks Lava - found him. I don't head that way normally to avoid Neera.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Sure :) Enjoy!
    Sure :) Enjoy! - And I have been.

Just now found the item that gives a 'rest area'. I'm able to go to it but it wont allow me to rest within. Is that by design? Do the sparring Dummy's do anything? (Just spent ages whacking into them)

Also the tree of shades - Was I supposed to leave something inside it? I put all manner of things in it, to no avail.
    Questions, questions, so many questions...
    I think you have a previous version of the mod (I released 6.0 few days ago) - this "personal camp" area you get to by using an unique item should indeed allow you to rest. It's fixed in a new version. Dummy is... well... just a dummy. Feel free to use it to see how spell's/projectiles and other stuff work. Nothing else. You can also use it to train casting fireballs :P

Tree of Shades should be empty - you can talk to it, though. If you give it what it wants, it will create items for you to take in its hollow space.
    Bit scared that if I update the mod I will stuff up my stable modded game, but I will have a look at the new release.

I'm going back to those dummies. I'm not letting them get away with waisting my ammo!
    Yeah, I would say it's not worth reinstallation :) Just use the area as your personal warehouse without beds :P
  • GiovanskiGiovanski Member Posts: 13
    @swit
    Thank you, your uploaded files worked like a charm. I was going to report some broken SotSC-specific dialogue with Bentley Mirrorshade as well as the old man in the house south of the FAI (the planar shade quest), the beggar in Beregost (beetle visions quest) and Thalantyr's bookshelf but it seems like you have already provided a fix, so double thanks.
    @LavaDelVortel
    And of course thank you for making this mod. It is very impressive. The crossmod Dreamless Lantern item in Zee's store was a nice nod to your IWD quest mod where it originated from.
    Thank you!
    edited July 2021
    V6.1 is here! It went through 2nd proofreading run by @Brokenkatana :) Thank you, dear proofreader! You're amazing! :)
    StummvonBordwehrbonewhiteglorynorQ
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2021
    Thank you for the mod. Is it possible to install this mod mid game? I am playing EET with mods. I am in the 3rd chapter. Is it possible pls?
    No, your game will become a carnival of bugs. It's quite normal with mods that update so many areas and add so many things. Sorry.
  • p6kockap6kocka Member Posts: 65
    I see. Thank you.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    What version of Shades should I use on game version 2.5 and where in the install order should it be? I ask since EET's patch notes mention updating EET because of Shades.

Thankee!
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    @Endarire 6.1 and it goes where other questmods go after EET has already been installed (assuming you're trying to set up an EET installation now from your recent post history).

The EET update you're pointing to only affects the utility provided for modders to have easier conversion (which was extended in v13 and was basically betatested with SotSC).
    Always use the latest version, @Endarire, and if you have any doubts about something, check readme.
    Everything @GraionDilach wrote is true.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited July 2021
    Thankee!

(We're doing EET. I'm glad you noticed!)
  • hotaruhotaru Member Posts: 25
    Is this mod compatible with Trilogy? I mean, not EE but both vanilla games with Trilogy Mod.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    hotaru wrote: »
    Is this mod compatible with Trilogy? I mean, not EE but both vanilla games with Trilogy Mod.

Yes it is. Full EET compatibility came with v6.0.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Cahir wrote: »

Given the way the question was phrased, it's possible that the poster was asking about BGT (if that's what they meant by "not EE but both vanilla games").
    It's compatible with BGEE. BGEE+SoD, EET, not compatible with BG1, Tutu, BGT.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

Given the way the question was phrased, it's possible that the poster was asking about BGT (if that's what they meant by "not EE but both vanilla games").

Yeah, you're right. This is what happened when I'm posting 5.30am before the morning coffee :(

Yeah, you're right. This is what happened when I'm posting 5.30am before the morning coffee :(

Yeah, actually I meant BGT. Do you think it might be compatible someday?
    No. I used many EE-only features and I'm not cutting content (quests, dialogues, items, graphics, and so on) + I do not want to maintain such big quests for non-EE games, because I no longer can check them myself. To be honest, I'm starting to feel playing non-EE versions is kinda masochistic... so... no. That's not going to happen.
    No. I used many EE-only features and I'm not cutting content (quests, dialogues, items, graphics, and so on) + I do not want to maintain such big quests for non-EE games, because I no longer can check them myself. To be honest, I'm starting to feel playing non-EE versions is kinda masochistic... so... no. That's not going to happen.

Well, u know what, I've played a mod once. I don't remember the name but ReadMe said - 'Not gonna work in vanilla''. I didn't have EE, just BGT in vanilla and installed it. It worked, the mod was adding a few quests to the game and some items, etc. So, do you think that Shades somehow MAY actually work in vanilla anyway?
    No, I said I used resources, actions, triggers, and refer files that are not present in the original game and the mod won't receive updates that would enable that.
    No, I said I used resources, actions, triggers, and refer files that are not present in the original game and the mod won't receive updates that would enable that.

So I'll have to get EE. 'sigh' I was hoping I wouldn't as It is worse than vanilla in so many ways but okay.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    most modders have moved on from the originals as the ee are easier to mod.
  • GiovanskiGiovanski Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2021
    My half-orc melee shaman just picked up the Sure Striking Spear +3 from Zee and uhhh... this is what happened :D
    njr0krev3s8k.png
    I think the -100% piercing resistance debuff needs checking lmao
    Aaemforever
    Oh, that surely needs checking. Thanks! :)
    Does i work with EET?