Comments

• beobeo Member Posts: 143
    EE patch cycle might never end. :D
    tl1942
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Looking great there, @Pecca :)
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @Pecca, you must be an optimist :)
    But I think that the next couple of years, we certainly do not see a new patch. If I'm wrong or misguided, let @JuliusBorisov correct me.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2021
    @meowdog @Pecca

I think I figured out the issue (or at least part of it).
    The "multi-portrait picker" option is enabled by default in the Dragonspear UI++ UI settings menu. At least, it appears highlighted. However, it is not enabled; portraits appear in the normal list format instead.

Disabled the multi-portrait picker, attempting to choose a portrait, then re-enabling it seems to completely fix the issue. Custom portraits in the portraits folder now appear as normal, and there's no need for a M_MyPort.lua file.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    as a mention of a portrait picker, though, it is the last thing I was working on some months ago:
    us9qctwmngs1.png

A GREAT portrait chooser if i ever saw one. :)
    AndreaColombo
  • cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    edited September 2021
    Bug report: during character creation, in the section where you choose proficiencies, when no proficiency is selected the information panel on the right shows some quest dialog ("I will help you in this quest. Let us make for Trademeet's marketplace and find this gnome, Wallace").

Tested with latest version 21.08.0 on BG2EE 2.6.6 (fresh install) with no other mods installed.

This is obviously not a big issue by itself, but i thought i better report it in case this breaks something more serious "under the hood"
    Post edited by cdds on
    tl1942
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited September 2021
    cdds wrote: »
    Bug report: during character creation, in the section where you choose proficiencies, when no proficiency is selected the information panel on the right shows some quest dialog ("I will help you in this quest. Let us make for Trademeet's marketplace and find this gnome, Wallace").

Just confirming this on my end too.
    edited September 2021
    This was fixed very shortly after my report - thanks!
    By the way, there are quite a lot of small fixes (including a game crash fix) on the master since 21.08.0 was released. Maybe its time for another version bump to bring those fixes to the official release path?
    Post edited by cdds on
    tl1942
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @tl1942 @Etamin I have delete the last two posts (as the first one should clearly meant to be deleted). Sorry for spotting it so late.
    Etamintl1942
    Maybe its time for another version bump to bring those fixes to the official release path?
    Updates available:
    DragonspearUI++ v21.09.0
    infinitycolors

tl1942animag
    When i use the large portraits option, some of the party portraits are not scaled up with the border; they just appear smaller and centered inside the larger border. This applies to some vanilla NPCs (e.g. Jaheira) and not to others
  • AscalyonAscalyon Member Posts: 9
    When i use the large portraits option, some of the party portraits are not scaled up with the border; they just appear smaller and centered inside the larger border. This applies to some vanilla NPCs (e.g. Jaheira) and not to others

Hi,

I don’t know if you have already found a solution to the problem, which I can’t replicate with Jaheira, but which I have noticed with some of the temporary NPCs of the party tutorial section of Candlekeep. That’s because the Large Portraits option of DragonspearUI++ uses medium portraits instead of small ones in the sidebar.

You can load a save in EE Keeper to see which “small” portrait is attributed to Jaheira. It should be JaheiraM.bmp. If it’s JaheiraS.bmp, it explains why you see a small, centred portrait with black borders.
    bx4ij0bkq9xe.jpg

Hope this helps!
  • AscalyonAscalyon Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2021
    Hi,

In Dragonspear UI++’s current state, the difference between the ways spells are used by mage vs sorcerer, and priest vs shaman is not reflected in the label in the top right corner of the spell books.
    z33m80x5zfre.png

@meowdog posted a solution in April in response to @luke_sf ’s question. I have found an alternative solution which suits my preferences better.

For mage/sorcerer, find (around line 12677)
    label
    	{
    		area 1050 144 186 36
    		--text "ZAPAMATOVANÁ KOUZLA" --lua "priestPageInfo()"  .. ' ' .. Infinity_FetchString(8624)
    		text lua "Infinity_FetchString(11944)"
    		text style "rg_trajan"
    --		text color '5'
    		enabled "currentSpell == nil"
    		text align right center
    	}

and replace by
    label
    	{
    		area 986 148 250 32
    		text lua "magePageInfo()"
    		text style "rg_trajan"
    		text align right center
    	}

For priest/shaman, find (around line 13890)
    label
    	{
    		area 1050 144 186 36
    		text lua "Infinity_FetchString(11944)"
    		text style "rg_trajan"
    --		text color '5'
    		text align right center
    	}

and replace by
    label
    	{
    		area 986 148 250 32
    		text lua "priestPageInfo()"
    		text style "rg_trajan"
    		text align right center
    	}

I don’t like the default “SPELLS_CAN_CAST_LABEL” for sorcerer and shaman, so I replaced it with “Spell Slots”. For more consistency, I also replaced “MEMORIZED_LABEL” by “Spells Prepared” for wizard and cleric/druid, and “Known” by “Spells Known” for all classes.

To change the latter, for mage/sorcerer, find (around line 12684)
    label
    	{
    		area 130 144 156 36
    		--text "ZNÁMÁ KOUZLA" --lua "Infinity_FetchString(11945)"  .. ' ' .. Infinity_FetchString(8624)
    		text lua "Infinity_FetchString(11945)"
    		text style "rg_trajan"
    --		text color '5'
    		text align left center
    	}

and replace by
    label
    	{
    		area 130 148 170 32
    		text "Spells Known"
    		text style "rg_trajan"
    		text align left center
    	}

For priest/shaman, find (around line 13898)
    label
    	{
    		area 130 144 156 36
    		text lua "Infinity_FetchString(11945)"
    		text style "rg_trajan"
    --		text color '5'
    		text align left center
    	}

and replace by
    label
    	{
    		area 130 148 170 32
    		text "Spells Known"
    		text style "rg_trajan"
    		text align left center
    	}

Here is what it looks like in the game:

Sorcerer
    g86ivddw4752.png

Wizard
    zucscq9yb5e0.png

Cleric/druid
    s4waa4tjsisv.png

Shaman
    kk63rntwp3if.png

Cheers!

Post edited by Ascalyon on
    tl1942AndreaColombo
  • dvdbangsruddvdbangsrud Member Posts: 19
    nza5bdhmh8dp.jpg

In the latest release with fixes for 2.6 version (by meowdog) sorcerers and shamans can't select additional spells on level up.
    It will show the screen with spells available but, the spells you've originally chosen and state: "Spells Remaining 0".

In the attached screenshot I'm leveling up a sorcerer from 3 to 4. The two highlighted spells were chosen during character creation. I should be getting 1 additional spell to choose here.
    This is not a problem if I install the latest release without the fixes (I think the version number is 2.42).
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    @dvdbangsrud
    The bug is present in the old version as well, it only appears if you go through the character generation and don't restart the game.
    Should be fixed in master.
    Timbo0o0o0
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    Is EET compatibility with meowdog's 2.6 fix unknown/awaiting playtest feedback?
    <3 these UI mods
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Pecca
    Is the 2.5 UI compatible with EET?

Thankee!
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    @Pecca
    Is there any way to change or even just get rid of the "skull clock" in the lower left? I don't know if it's just me but it doesn't move smoothly and is very distracting. I'd rather have no clock there than have that one. I'm no expert but I can follow instructions if you have any to do this. Thanks!
    Baptor wrote: »
    Is there any way to change or even just get rid of the "skull clock" in the lower left? I don't know if it's just me but it doesn't move smoothly and is very distracting. I'd rather have no clock there than have that one. I'm no expert but I can follow instructions if you have any to do this. Thanks!
    Remove these lines in the UI.menu file:
    frame lua "timer:GetCurrentTime()"

There should be 3 of them.
    It will disable the animation of the skull clock.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    How to install it on EET? After EET installation in BG2 folder or before in SoD?
    Etamin wrote: »
    How to install it on EET? After EET installation in BG2 folder or before in SoD?
    After EET installation in BG2 folder.
    Etamin wrote: »

After EET installation in BG2 folder.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 207
    edited December 2021
    Hello,
    I've got a feature request. When you kill certain types of monsters, they drop gold and other things (like jewels) on the ground. To loot them, you have to click nth times.

Would it be possible to make the UI display (and act) like if the items are dropped on the ground all together? So rather than looting 45 gold coins + 10 + 30 + 20, you just do one click because the coins are all together. Same for jewels, etc.
    @Ulkesh
    It should be possible with some caveats, like it wouldn't actually be the same as a single item of N amount, it would be a group of items displayed as one (fake) item and when you click on the group it would instead click on the real (hidden) items, which would likely produce multiple clicking sounds.
  • v1ldv1ld Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2021
    Thanks for this nifty mod! It's a big improvement.

Can we please have the default quantity when double clicking on a stack in shops or containers be 1 instead of 0? The new dialog is very cool, but 1 would be a better default than 0 since the player will presumably move at least 1 item since they double clicked. (It's very cool that single clicking selects the whole stack, a huge improvement over vanilla.)

Showing Sorcerer spell counts per level would be very useful. There seem to be a couple of suggestions on this page and last.

Cheers.
    There is a new IWD branch, if anyone is interested to test it and report any issues.

Some screenshots:
    3cxbjzmydfpc.jpg
    fwk8qhckko5r.jpg
    22iqziw783r4.jpg
    jkq3loesoteb.jpg
  • GordianGordian Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for this great mod, much better than the alternatives!

Would it be possible to have a "select all" button in container, backpack and store screens? : )

A movable/rotatable anchor for the quickloot boxes would be neat as well, if feasible (unless they're tied to a specific position, haven't checked).

On a sidenote:
    +1 ad bigger buff/debuff icons - wouldn't mind blurry ones.
    Being able to manually scale elementst of the interface would be a godsend. Currently playing at a lower resolution as it seems to fit much better than the scaling option given by the game.

The icing on the cake would be an incorporation of @Bubb autoloot mod and it working with EET. ; )
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69899/mod-bubbs-auto-looting
    Post edited by Gordian on
    @Gordian
    Would it be possible to have a "select all" button in container, backpack and store screens? : )
    I added it behind a feature flag in the master branch, edit the setup bat file, then run it, not the setup exe, to install the mod.
    +1 ad bigger buff/debuff icons - wouldn't mind blurry ones.
    Assuming you mean the portrait icons, it requires patching the game exe file and I don't want to do binary patching in this mod.
    The icing on the cake would be an incorporation of @Bubb autoloot mod and it working with EET. ; )
    Maybe in some future.
    Wow, thanks!
    Will test it asap. : ))

Bubb will probably add autoloot to EEex btw.
    Works like a charm! : )

You even thought about only selecting as much as fits in your backpack (no idea if LeUI has that).
    I'm very grateful - it's an awesome feature!