Skip to content

Vanilla broke it again!

2»

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @JuliusBorisov, as requested:

I also cannot upload files for certain threads. Receive the error message : You are not allowed to upload files in this category.

The threads I have been trying to upload to were:

[MOD]CLUAConsole Cheats without keyboard (any device).

How can I enable CLUAconsole in IWDEE v2.5.17.0 (latest version) ?

BG1 NPC Pack mod for Android 2.5.17 without Windows

There was another but I can't recall which one it was.

All the files that were being uploaded were .zip files. Looking forward to a solution.

Thanks
    Gus
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Gusinda Our Vanilla contact spoofed in as you and was able to successfully upload files in all 3 of the posts. Can you try and upload again?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @JuliusBorisov nope, still receive:
    { "Code": 0, "Exception": "You are not allowed to upload files in this category.", "Class": "Exception" }
    when attempting to post a *.zip file.
    UI Modding forum.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I wonder if the issue is browser specific or something...
    Same issue on Chrome and Firefox if it matters.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Have you tried clearing browser cache and cookies? They are often at the root of many a pesky bug. (Bugs love cookies! :cookie: )
    edited February 2019
    @JuliusBorisov, tried only the '[MOD]CLUAConsole Cheats without keyboard (any device)' thread; no success... Cleared cache etc, using Firefox.

Gus

Edit:
    New one I tried today:

Plz help, I accidentally overrode the BG2EE script option!
    Post edited by Gusinda on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Ok, thanks! Vanilla will continue to investigate.
    edited February 2019
    There should now be an option to attach files to your comments in discussions in the Troubleshooting section.
    There should now be an option to attach files to your comments in discussions in the Troubleshooting section.
    Thanks. Archive uploading appears to be working again.
    Hopefully this means it's fixed, until next time Vanilla.
    @JuliusBorisov, and I can upload to one of the threads I couldn't previously.

Thanks
    Gus
  • RascalRascal Member Posts: 4
    I cant start a new topic, no option appears for me.
    Seems like peoples' avatars are often not displaying properly for some reason.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Not sure if for the same reason, but some of the badge icons on member pages are not giving feedback when you hover over them either.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2020
    @JuliusBorisov Yea profile pages aren't showing up for me. Clicking on someones profile just links me to https://forums.beamdog.com/beam_walker
    We've notified Vanilla about the most recent profile bug.
    Looks like it is fixed!
  • PlasmaJohnPlasmaJohn Member Posts: 31
    No clue if this was a Vanilla update or something else broke but the topic listings no longer have the last comment info (time, poster, subject IIRC). That makes it very hard to tell if there's a new comment without having to drill down into the topic.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    I have no idea what you are actually asking for.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    this thread is about tech issues on this site?
    If it is about the state of the EE games, perhaps a new thread would be in order.

This could go in the new thread as well:

Imho the games are in a pretty solid state. There are issues still, that I think will be ironed out at some point. In the meantime the modding community has provided a very wide array of fixes, tweaks and what not. I actually think that the games - with mods - are are amazing and never better. Thanks for the hard work everybody.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    The EE games after the last update are great without mods and great with mods. Personally, I agree with @StummvonBordwehr that things are solid right now. There are issues as there always will be with software, but IMO nothing major or game-breaking, at least with Windows play.

From your comment "many of us are experiencing issues" , what issues are you referring to @Johnocampos1 ?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Judging by his comments (like this one) Johnocampos1 is most likely a bot.

On a different subject, has anyone else noticed that email notifications don't work lately? I haven't received any for over two weeks now.
    argent77 wrote: »
    Judging by his comments (like this one) Johnocampos1 is most likely a bot.

On a different subject, has anyone else noticed that email notifications don't work lately? I haven't received any for over two weeks now.
    Hi @argent77

You are right, it is most likely a bot.

About the notifications. The site has had its problem in recent time. But it should be fixed a couple of days ago. Is it still a problem?
    About the notifications. The site has had its problem in recent time. But it should be fixed a couple of days ago. Is it still a problem?
    @StummvonBordwehr Yes, it's still doesn't work for me.
    edited February 15
    argent77 wrote: »
    @StummvonBordwehr Yes, it's still doesn't work for me.

@JuliusBorisov
    Can you help out here? If you not already on it
    Email notification seems work for me now. (Thanks to whoever fixed it.)