Skip to content

Tresset's Choice Tweaks

12346»

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    agris wrote: »
    Tresset wrote: »
    Added a bigger bard song tweak at the request of @JuliusBorisov. I also reached a character limit in this discussion so I will put the description of this tweak here.

This tweak will give bard songs a much larger area of effect. In version 2.0 the devs changed all of the bard songs so that they only affected those within a 30' radius of the singing bard, which is about the same area of effect as a fireball. In version 1.3 and earlier all of the songs (excluding the jester's) would automatically hit only the 6 party members no matter how far away they were or even if they were in a different area. While I do like how the bard song was changed to an area of effect, a 30' radius was a massive nerf to the songs that seriously changed the balance of the bard class. I decided to change the radius of the songs to 235', which is the same as the True Seeing spells. This is as large as I felt comfortable making the area of effect without switching it back to the old behavior. The main advantage of keeping the area of effect is that summoned creatures and non-party allies will now also be able to benefit from the song's effects. I also changed the jester's song to make it have a 60' radius. Thanks to @Troodon80 for helping a bit with the weidu coding!

2 questions.

1. Does anyone know if Bigger Bard Song works with IWD:EE?
    2. If it does work with IWD:EE, does anyone know if it works on a BG1/2:EE game with IWDification component "IWD Class Updates: Bard: Add IWD Bard Songs" and "IWD Class Updates: Bard: Selectable Bard Songs for Jesters and Skalds"?

Based on Tresset's .tp2, I think the answer to 2 will be "no" - but I'm not very good at reading weidu, so hoping someone with experience can chime in.

@agris I just updated this mod for compatibility with IWD:EE and IWD Bard Songs. It should also work if these songs are added to BG:EE or BG2:EE, so long as the file names are not changed.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    edited April 2023
    agris wrote: »
    Added a bigger bard song tweak at the request of @JuliusBorisov. I also reached a character limit in this discussion so I will put the description of this tweak here.

This tweak will give bard songs a much larger area of effect. In version 2.0 the devs changed all of the bard songs so that they only affected those within a 30' radius of the singing bard, which is about the same area of effect as a fireball. In version 1.3 and earlier all of the songs (excluding the jester's) would automatically hit only the 6 party members no matter how far away they were or even if they were in a different area. While I do like how the bard song was changed to an area of effect, a 30' radius was a massive nerf to the songs that seriously changed the balance of the bard class. I decided to change the radius of the songs to 235', which is the same as the True Seeing spells. This is as large as I felt comfortable making the area of effect without switching it back to the old behavior. The main advantage of keeping the area of effect is that summoned creatures and non-party allies will now also be able to benefit from the song's effects. I also changed the jester's song to make it have a 60' radius. Thanks to @Troodon80 for helping a bit with the weidu coding!

2 questions.

1. Does anyone know if Bigger Bard Song works with IWD:EE?
    2. If it does work with IWD:EE, does anyone know if it works on a BG1/2:EE game with IWDification component "IWD Class Updates: Bard: Add IWD Bard Songs" and "IWD Class Updates: Bard: Selectable Bard Songs for Jesters and Skalds"?

Based on Tresset's .tp2, I think the answer to 2 will be "no" - but I'm not very good at reading weidu, so hoping someone with experience can chime in.

@agris I just updated this mod for compatibility with IWD:EE and IWD Bard Songs. It should also work if these songs are added to BG:EE or BG2:EE, so long as the file names are not changed.

Thanks, looking at the IWDification tpa macro invoked by the relevant components (iwdspells_extern.tpa) I don't *think* the default bard song spell file name is changed, but I can't be sure of it.

If you're curious to test this on your end (I will eventually, as my party gets to higher level and triggers new versions of the bard song), you can install the IWDification components designated 50 and 180 on BGEE/BG2EE followed by your new version.

Thanks for the new version, I'll download it and let you know what I observe re: compatibility.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Tresset
    How EET compatible is this mod?

Thankee!
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Tresset
    How EET compatible is this mod?

Thankee!

I don't really care about eet.
    I ask since many people have cared about EET compatibility for mods, including me.

Thankee!
    edited April 2023
    Endarire wrote: »
    I ask since many people have cared about EET compatibility for mods, including me.

Thankee!

I know you like to pester modders to do a ton of extra work for whatever bugaboo you have with their mods, but you aren't going to be able to make me care about EET. I am sure that the, ah, "many" people will be fine.

Your welcomeeeeeeeeee!
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for the improvement to the luck spell and the bard song - now my thief/mage and bard can actually use it for something. Great improvement.

A tiny request if you have the time and/or desire- can you improve the divine spell "magical stone" or maybe "spiritual hammer" or any of the spell weapons that druids/cleric have so it can be useful? And don't forget about those almost totally useless and underused touch spells both divine and arcane.

Thanks again for the improvements :)
    OlvynSpells improves touch spells.
    Thanks for the improvement to the luck spell and the bard song - now my thief/mage and bard can actually use it for something. Great improvement.

A tiny request if you have the time and/or desire- can you improve the divine spell "magical stone" or maybe "spiritual hammer" or any of the spell weapons that druids/cleric have so it can be useful? And don't forget about those almost totally useless and underused touch spells both divine and arcane.

Thanks again for the improvements :)

I will have to think about that a bit. Maybe I could come up with something if I have time.
    Hi Tresset - amazing number of modifications/tweaks - glad I found your mod

Requests (if you have the time)

Instant Trap Spells - I know you already made it to be instant - but can you make it so that only enemies activate it - so it is party friendly?

Entangle spell - can anything be done about the sound effects? - one is not too bad but if you have 3 at the same time the sound is almost deafening.

Is there anyway to make the Ankheg shell in Bg2EE into a helmet and into armor - that Cromwell can forge - mostly for druids that cannot wear metal equipment or maybe add drop-able monster/animal (eg spiders, trolls, bears, or moose even rabbit etc) parts that then can be forged into helmets (preferred), cloaks, robes, and/or gloves (gauntlets) - with minor properties for druids (single and multi-class)?

or would it be easier to just make a druid helmet (for multi-single class druids) that they can wear (that is not metal) ?

Yes, in the vanilla game druids (multi and single) can wear any metal helmets/armor but certain mods (or if you role play it like that) will disable this and if druids should not be allowed to wear metal equipment (although oddly they can use a scimitar and daggers) then perhaps a druid helmet can be added that is made from monster/animal parts.

Thanks
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited June 2023
    Cromwell can already forge ankheg armor in the base game. It just isn't usually worth it. And if other mods are going to take away the ability of druids to wear normal helmets, it's their responsibility to add in appropriate replacements.

Instant Trap Spells - I know you already made it to be instant - but can you make it so that only enemies activate it - so it is party friendly?

Entangle spell - can anything be done about the sound effects? - one is not too bad but if you have 3 at the same time the sound is almost deafening.

I can easily modify trap spells to be party friendly. Which spells did you want to be affected? Symbols/glyphs only, or would you like Skull Trap and Delayed Blast Fireball too? I am quite comfortable with doing this for Symbol spells, but not too comfortable for Skull Trap and DB Fireball (would be willing to do it anyway though). In fact, the IWD spells component of SCS already makes all Symbol spells party friendly.

As for entangle, I suppose I could have a look. Probably wouldn't be too hard.

With druid armors, I am inclined to agree with jmerry. I am also not good at making custom items, especially with custom icons.
    edited June 2023

I can easily modify trap spells to be party friendly. Which spells did you want to be affected? Symbols/glyphs only, or would you like Skull Trap and Delayed Blast Fireball too? I am quite comfortable with doing this for Symbol spells, but not too comfortable for Skull Trap and DB Fireball (would be willing to do it anyway though). In fact, the IWD spells component of SCS already makes all Symbol spells party friendly.

As for entangle, I suppose I could have a look. Probably wouldn't be too hard.

With druid armors, I am inclined to agree with jmerry. I am also not good at making custom items, especially with custom icons.

Just the glyphs would be great. Thanks

BTW does it matter that the entangle spell that I am using is from BG1 (since it is party friendly unlike the BG2 version) being used in BG2 - I used a mod to change the BG2 version to BG1 version.

I also agree with Jmerry and you - if a mod enforces druid armor restriction then you need to give alternatives - I've asked the mod creators if they had added any alternatives but so far no answer.

If you decide to make druid armor/helmet/gloves - is there a need to use custom icons - couldn't you just use a regular icon and just colour it green perhaps :) - no need to make extra custom icons (all that extra work) - although if you did that would be amazing but not needed.

Thanks
    @chibisensei Sorry about the delay. I made the symbol and glyph spells party friendly. Let me know if there are any issues. I haven't tested this yet, but am reasonably certain it should work, provided you don't use other mods that change spell projectiles.
    Thank you - this was done a lot faster than I imagined :)

Do I just drop it in the override folder?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Yeah, just drop the two .PRO files into your override folder.

Those two projectiles are only used for "Symbol of _" and "Glyph of Warding" spells, unless some mod appropriates them for new stuff. Which is unlikely unless they're making a new "Symbol Of _" or "Glyph Of _" spell, for which you'd probably want the same change.
    I've tested the glyph of warding spell - and it is now party friendly (also for any monsters you summon) . No issues with the spell with the testing done so far. Thank you.

The funny thing is that as I used the glyph of warding as a "trap" for monsters - at least 50% of more made their saves and so no damage was taken - lol I forgot that it wasn't that great of a spell since it negates all damage when saves are made. .. sigh lol

Will test out symbols once I have a character that can cast it.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Any chance of uploading a single file with all those tweaks and fixes so one who wants to put many of these to test does not have to download them separately?