Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• GreatmasterBGreatmasterB Member Posts: 12
    Kilivitz said:

Ignatius said:

Has there been any indication of how many people have pre-ordered?

According to how many people got the pre-order badge, at least 2700. And that's only people who registered to the forums.
    That is people with the Supporter Badge and you need to add 602 with the Pre-Order Badge. So that is at least 3302 orders from forum members. Let's hope there are lots of folks who preordered and are not registered to the forum,

• alish74alish74 Member Posts: 11
    this downloading process..it's like BG's walkthrough for the entry level pers, so slow..
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Rajick said:

Ok thanks

Depending on the exact error you received, which might not be the same as mine, I fixed it by re-registering the Penimc.DLL component. Just in case reinstalling the .NET framework doesn't work.

Go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Run

Then enter regsvr32 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PenIMC.dll

Replace the drive letter with whatever your system drive is.
    Ignatius said:

Has there been any indication of how many people have pre-ordered?

If the giftable games section is anything to go by (as in viewing the link on a game to gift), all of my copies seem to increment pretty accurately to when I bought them. If that is the case, and that is a big if, then somewhere above 36000.

This could also be just a unique number associated with how many games Beamdog has ever sold, but that seems like an unusually low number.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2012
    36000 as in thirty-six thousand? I don't know much about this market, but that'd be a smashing success for this game, wouldn't it?
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited November 2012
    Don't leave your computer downloading, with just client running. My PC was left to dowload during.the night, but it went into sleep mode. So I turned on utorrent in the morning. Hopefully it will be downloaded when I get home from work. Other than this and a couple of 503s when trying to load the web page, everything seem to go smoothly :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Kilivitz said:

36000 as in thirty-six thousand? I don't know much about this market, but that'd be a smashing success for this game, wouldn't it?

Trent previously said they wanted about 200,000, or 50,000 per platform, to be considered a success. Although, I can't quite remember if that was just for this game, or a combined total for BG:EE and BG2:EE.

So we shall wait an see.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2012
    Yesterday when the pre-load started I was having the "getting download info" for hours,this morning I got up,launched the patcher and it's downloading now at 30kb/s.
    It's just too many ppl connecting at the same time I guess,we just need to spam the "patience" ability in the hotbar guys :p
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Completed!
  • TurelusTurelus Member Posts: 23
    I would assume that "connecting..." on the stand alone installer is because of the number of people as well?

I did check with my firewall off to see if that was effecting it but still the same.
  • ZandrakeZandrake Member Posts: 4
    Senash said:

Don't leave your computer downloading, with just client running. My PC was left to dowload during.the night, but it went into sleep mode.

Just set your computer to not go into Sleep mode. It's available in the power options in the control panel.
  • GyumaouGyumaou Member Posts: 8
    SO slow..... got a few mb and stuck at connecting. even when it was dling it went at 1-5kb/s. Seriously? No one thought to prepare for this scenario? It's Diablo III all over again, y'all just wait until 28th when the activation servers collapse under load.
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Thats exceedingly strange. . .

My BD client says I've downloaded 0.2%, or about 2mb. The BG download folder contains almost 750mb of data (and it all seems to be game related files).

I dont know whether to smile or worry.

So I'll do both.
  • DukeGrDukeGr Member Posts: 43
    Trying since last night to download, getting stuck at getting download info.

Lets hope it gets better.
  • LuckyLucky Member Posts: 645
    I also would like to know the figures, how many people have bought BBEE.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    I started my download last night before heading off to bed. Seemed to be a slow but steady speed of about 1 MB per 30-45 seconds? At some points over a minute perhaps. Thereabouts... that's a totally rough estimate, though. I'm sure it took a while but it appeared to be working smoothly when I went to bed and I awoke to completed download.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • LuckyLucky Member Posts: 645
    I'll try today, but not through the client, too much struggle I guess. Maybe capacity will be better.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Yeah, this just isn't working - starts at around 10 KB, then disconnects after a few minutes. I guess I'll give it a few days before retrying, but this isn't exactly encouraging faith in Beamdog's capabilities. I expected better preparation given that they knew how many people had pre-ordered the game.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    Stuck on connecting as well now :/
    I'll retry later.
  • BorsBors Member Posts: 2
    Nemissa said:

stuck on "getting download info"

This is me as well. Periodically it will start downloading at about 10kb/s but returns almost instantly to that message. I'm just assuming it's traffic.
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    Stuck at 33mb, restarting do not change MBs.
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2012
    this server is just bad joke..they are know how meny people pre order the game and dont prepere for download, like i said before: Is server is tu busy in pre-download what would it be in 28 th when everybody want to start play...and this not about complaining i paid money so i want what i expected...and promised to me in announcement and advertising. They only ask for be patient and they do nothink just waiting to server coming less obligatet form people who download the game...100% of unprofesionnal behavior
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    I too am having a slow go at downloading. But I understand this is the initial first wave rush. There will be both hiccups and congestion but I expect to have it preloaded fine before the 28th.
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    My Download finished yesterday already and it only took 3 hours and I live in South Africa so no complaints here;)
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2012
    Left it on overnight not much change this morning in amount completed (about 1/2 inch of the bar is complete) - computer may have gone to sleep - thought the download would keep it up - download starts then disconnects and sits at connecting for long periods - pausing and starting seems to get the connection going again but will be gone at work 12+ hours so won't be able to monitor it. Turned off sleep option - hopefully it will be complete when I get home -

Not too worried - still have 6 days to get it done LOL (FYI running installer not Beamdog client)
  • EarthlingEarthling Member Posts: 13
    4 hours of "Connecting...", then 5 minutes of downloading at 3 bytes per second, now back to "Connecting...". No worries. I'll try again in a day or two and see if the situation improves. It's not like I can play it today or anything.
    edited November 2012
    I paid for working luncher....if any patch will out i will download it witch torrent to ? Lets be a little serious, if you pay money for somethink you have some expectations....servers dont work and programers doing nothing.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @M6k3 At least you have an alternative. Blizzard never gave you that during the Diablo III overload.
    Yes this is one of positive things in all this situation ;) ehhh i stop complaining from now :) i just want wait till 28 and enjoy the game............
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    Downloading at anywhere from 1byte to 20kb per second what up with that?