Skip to content

3 Days till BG2:EE! What will you do on the day of release? (apart from stare at a download bar...)

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Quartz If you are a tool... I reckon you would be a hammer... Blunt and able to inflict pain as well as helpfully removing nails...

If I was a tool, I reckon I would be an electric sander... A bit buzzy, but still fearsome if I got near your face...

Need sleep now... No e-mail yet... soon... soon...
    WolkMedullaOblongatalolien
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    If I could choose to be any kind of tool then I would have to a fleshlight.

Yes, that isn't a typo.
    Kristie83MedullaOblongataQuartzOxford_Guy
    @Mungri Yes... I always thought you were light of flesh there...

*smirks in a you were asking for it kinda way*

On a more serious matter... I thought more lampshade. Illuminating at times, dangerous when smashed over the head, delivering quite a shock...

Shall we start Forum members as tools thread...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Woo,
    Apparently all that's left to do if write every single book in candlekeep.

No lazy copy-pasting twilight fan-fic now!
    Anduin
    *smug grin*

I'm downloading baldur's gate goodness...
    MedullaOblongataMoomintrolllolien
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    I have prevailed against the first 1.3 Gigs of downloaded data! Soon just became sooner ;)
    alannahsmithAnduin
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to be too excited to actually play the game for the first hour. I'm just going to sit at my computer and stare in awe at the opening sequence.
    ShinKristie83MedullaOblongataj0lssoni
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    4 days huh.. feels like it was 30 not that long ago.
    Quartz
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    On the day of release I think I'm going to create some characters and test them out in the Black Pitts to see which class I want my PC to be for the campaign.
    alannahsmithAnduinWolk
    @kristie83 Awesome idea! Do you think you would be able to save a game in the pit? Export character from the pit? (and all the juicy possibilities this may allow...)
    Kristie83Wolklolien
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    On the day of release ... I will probably require use of my fleshlight, while wishing that it was I, and I was someone else....

AnduinQuartz
    edited November 2012
    Anduin said:

@kristie83 Awesome idea! Do you think you would be able to save a game in the pit? Export character from the pit? (and all the juicy possibilities this may allow...)

I got the idea from @The_New_Romance in this thread. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6890/so-the-black-pits#latest

I would assume you could save because I think I read that its 15 levels or something like that. I sure hope you can save in the pitts...I don't think you can carry anything from the pitts back to the main campaign including experience, weapons, etc. I think I read that somewhere. I think it would allow an unbalanced advantage in the main campaign.
    Anduin
    Mungri said:

On the day of release ... I will probably require use of my fleshlight, while wishing that it was I, and I was someone else....

Ewww...LOL! A little gross!
    lordkim
    @Mungri Thread derailer!

Question for you...

What are you going to be doing while you are waiting for the final part to download?

I will be eating fish 'n' chips...
    Moomintrolllolien
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    I will be playing Icewind Dale on Heart of Fury.
  • Kang54Kang54 Member Posts: 58
    I'll go to work... and then I'll stealthily pull out my iPad, install BG and then spend the next 6 hours casting longing glances at it... Worst thing is that I'm in a slow period at work, so it's going to be hell to endure the day.
    MoomintrollMedullaOblongataAnduinj0lssoni
    @Kristie83 ... so that explains your picture ...

Fish 'n' chips may not be enough... May need to purchase a battered sausage and doner kebab for seconds if the server is slow...

I have a hollow leg if anyone is wondering...
    MedullaOblongataMoomintrolllolien
    Anduin said:

Fish 'n' chips may not be enough... May need to purchase a battered sausage and doner kebab for seconds if the server is slow...

LOL! I suppose it does :)

Who batters sausage, and what the heck is a doner kebab? Something on a stick, I presume?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Kristie83 said:

Anduin said:

Who batters sausage, and what the heck is a doner kebab? Something on a stick, I presume?
    I know people in the UK do it (battering sausages). We seem to have avoided this culinary decision (I couldn't think of another description for it) certainly in central Canada, well, other than perhaps one of the food exhibits at The Ex each year (I'm not certain on that).
    elminster said:

Kristie83 said:

Anduin said:

I know people in the UK do it (battering sausages). We seem to have avoided this culinary decision (I couldn't think of another description for it) certainly in central Canada, well, other than a few food exhibits at The Ex each year (thats more deep fried mars bars and such things).
    I love funnel cakes and elephant ears, but I've never brought myself to try a deep fried Mars bar. Mars bars are delicious enough, (and fattening enough,) without being deep fried imo.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    This thread is silly and enjoyable. I like it.
    MedullaOblongatalordkim
    @Kristie83 OMG! OMG! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A BATTERED SAUSAGE IS! WORSE A D O N E R K E B A B ! ! !

The food of kings is produced by taking one large sausage, I prefer a fine cumberland specimen, but any pork and savoury will suffice, and then dunk said sausage, in batter and then dunk in the deep fat frier to produce a battered sausage! I tell thee... The food of kings!

The food of emperors is the humble doner kebab... It's lamb meat that is first pulped and mashed then reconstituted into a cylinder. This cylinder is then place on a big metal stick and then slowly cooked on the spit, o that the fatty goodness dribbles down it's sides. In many chip shops it looks like the remains of an elephants leg.... It is then sliced into strips... I prefer to eat mine either on chips with lashings of mayo, or as traditional, placed inside pitta, or naan bread with salad and chilli sauce. In northern england, they place mint sauce on their kebabs... THIS IS WRONG! and is a big culinary no no...

I hope this answers your question!

@allhailsteve comes from Birmingham too and will back me up on this... Perhaps he can come round to my house for a doner and a game of BG:EE if I can get myself organised...
    noodles_toololien
    As far as I am aware... We Brits do not eat battered mars bars... This is something most silly done in america. The most silly thing we do eat is black pudding... Pigs blood, boiled into a paste then chilled and bagged in the same manner as a sausage...

I like mine cold on a cracker... yum!
    edited November 2012
    Anduin said:

As far as I am aware... We Brits do not eat battered mars bars... This is something most silly done in america. The most silly thing we do eat is black pudding... Pigs blood, boiled into a paste then chilled and bagged in the same manner as a sausage...

I actually corrected my post after realising my mistake, but I wasn't quick enough it seems. I don't know if battered is necessarily the same as deep-fried in this case, which is what is offered at this particular place in Toronto in late august (deep fried mars bars among other things, I think one year I had deep fried butter). They may offer battered goods as well there I can't recall. No clue, I'm no chef.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Are we there yet?
    Kristie83MedullaOblongata
    @Anduin LOL!!! You are quite passionate about your local...um...delicacies, aren't you. :D Well, I have had something similar to your doner kebab. Its a Gyro (pronounced "yeero" I think.) It comes with tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce, some meat from a vertical spit, wrapped in pita. I think its originally a Greek thing. I have never ever heard of a deep fried sausage though!

WolkMornmagor
    Kristie83 said:

@Anduin LOL!!! You are quite passionate about your local...um...delicacies, aren't you. :D Well, I have had something similar to your doner kebab. Its a Gyro (pronounced "yeero" I think.) It comes with tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce, some meat from a vertical spit, wrapped in pita. I think its originally a Greek thing. I have never ever heard of a deep fried sausage though!

Looks...sooo...good.
    Kristie83AnduinTJ_HookerMornmagor
    Anduin said:

I've HEARD of that! Is it actually common? What's it taste like? Is it sweetened at all? When I think pudding, I'm thinking of something sweet. Is it reserved for special occasions...like maybe....funerals?
    Elendar said:

Are we there yet?

We'll BE there when we GET there!!! *Pushes @Elendar out of the moving car* Tuck and roll!
This discussion has been closed.