Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    @AADA7A no idea lol. It's been posted in here or just search for it in any torrent search engine eg torrentz.eu
  • subterrasubterra Member Posts: 49
    Nathan said:

@subterra I totally understand your frustration, and I'm sorry for your troubles. We can't be responsible for your ISP's blocking measures, but we can certainly do our best to try to come to a solution so you can get the game. I find it especially curious though that you'd threaten to pirate the game because our P2P solution isn't working for you when most existing pirated distribution is also P2P...? That doesn't make sense to me, but regardless of that I understand you're angry and hey, in your situation I likely would be a bit miffed as well.

I can't make any promises as to what will or won't happen, as I'm not the person in charge of actually implementing the logistics for game downloads and whatnot, but I'll be shocked if we can't figure something out for your situation.

Thanks at least you guys are aware of the problem and seem to care cheers !
  • subterrasubterra Member Posts: 49
    Sorted !!!! the VPN solution actually worked hahaaha anyone else with this problem try it great workaround to this problem ;)
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    subterra said:

Sorted !!!! the VPN solution actually worked hahaaha anyone else with this problem try it great workaround to this problem ;)

Great to know that!! :D

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @subterra
    If it's not somewhat illegal then maybe share your VPN solution for other users who may be having difficulty?
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    edited November 2012
    Trying to download the 500MB additional data right now. I double-clicked on the "Download complete" button, it checked my files for a while with 700KB/s speed... then it started downloading showing 1.3GB and way to go to 1.8GB... and download rate suddenly dropped to an awful 2KB/s, sometimes less. If I have to cut-short the install now, I fear all files may be corrupt and I will have to start the entire 1.8GB all over again! also, no clue whether it updated my installer to the newer version.
  • ZamoyskiZamoyski Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    i have to ask - i am seeding bg:ee from my seedbox, is it helping or does it makes no difference?

right now, i uploaded about... 1.2 tb to beamdog :o
    @Ignatius
    I don't think it will corrupt your old files, it's downloading new stuff. Just restart it and leave it alone. Watching these things never works.

BTW, did you get the new installer?
    decado said:

@Ignatius
    I don't think it will corrupt your old files, it's downloading new stuff. Just restart it and leave it alone. Watching these things never works.

BTW, did you get the new installer?

No I did not, I assumed I would download it by clickling on the "Download Complete" button but when I place the mouse cursor over the BGE.exe fil it still reads 0.2.3.0 version. How do you normally download the new installer?

• KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2012
    Nathan said:

@Kerozevok / anyone else with a problem, yes please e-mail support@beamdog as mentioned in the first post, or by using the support link on our website. (...)

@Nathan This is > 3 days < I wait an answer from the support....

At this point, the cracked release will be available before the official release.
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • AADA7AAADA7A Member Posts: 32
    Kero: Is that even possible? ;P
    @decado, cheers mate. Does the new installer increase download speed?
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    I don't get it, if you can't download through the client, there is a torrent from Beamdog as well, as said by Mortes i think.

And there is no reason why a client/installer problem can't be fixed, given patience and will.

I'll have to admit, Beamdog reacts faster than Blizzard did, although Blizzard had more strain because of demand.

Cut the guys some slack, they are stressed as well about this, but still try to help everyone. They were also methodical enough to preload, so problems are fixed for the major part before the release.

Oh well.
    That's it! download complete, I now have 1.77GB / 936 files / 57 folders. BGE.exe (installer) still reads 0.2.3.0 version, does this matter at all?
    Ignatius said:

@decado, cheers mate. Does the new installer increase download speed?

It should do. I believe it opens up the ports which needed to be unblocked, however if your ISP blocks torrents it may not help with that.
    decado said:

It should do. I believe it opens up the ports which needed to be unblocked, however if your ISP blocks torrents it may not help with that.

In fact I let it run without interferring, and at some point download rate went back up to ~500KB/s. Download complete but still do not have the last installer version though...
    You may not need it so I wouldn't worry. When I downloaded it fluctuated between 2kb and 750kb. I just followed my own advice, went away and let it get on with it (with P2P ticked). When I got back it was 99% complete.
    edited November 2012
    @Ignatius try one of the following.

Run the installer from desktop as administrator.

Run the BGEE.exe directly from the installation directory.

If they don't prompt to update to 2.4, and you can't press anything on the installer as well, manually download the 2.4 one.

See if this helps.
    @Mornmagor: I just re-ran the BGEE.exe and this time it did prompt me for an installer update! I now have the 2.4 version and my full 1.8GB install. Thanks for all the help!!
    @Ignatius no problem, i assume that it was BGEE.exe from the installation directory that worked right?

The full install should be: 1,77 GB (1.906.093.899 byte), with 935 files, 57 directories.
    Yep, BGEE.exe directly from the install directory. Cheers.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SubzoeySubzoey Member Posts: 19
    Any way of telling how many people have pre-ordered the game? I want this to succeed soooo bad!
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Subzoey said:

Any way of telling how many people have pre-ordered the game? I want this to succeed soooo bad!

The Beamdog peeps know, but can't release numbers. Contract limitations.

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    edited November 2012
    Subzoey said:

Look at how many people have been awarded the exclusive badge.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/badge/bgee-supporter
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Necdilzor said:

Subzoey said:

Look at how many people have been awarded the exclusive badge.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/badge/bgee-supporter
    That's only people who pre-ordered AND are on the forums. It doesn't include those who aren't on the forums, nor those of us who pre-ordered multiple copies as gifts.
  • troastyroastytroastyroasty Member Posts: 2
    > Look at how many people have been awarded the exclusive badge.

I pre-ordered and don't have the badge. Not sure how to connect beamdog to these forums. I don't particularly care about that, but just saying that it's not a great measure!