Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    Shouldn't we wait and see what Enhanced Edition is like before we start thinking about pre-emptively modding it?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Eddie_Kaspbrak - There are areas where BG:EE will behave just like BG1 did, or where it won't behave like certain mods do for a variety of reasons. Some of us are used to playing modded games, and would not want to play without their usual mods of choice.
    Moiraermo
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    shawne said:

What does "partial" mean re: the Optional But Cool components in the Fixpack? Which aspects should we stay away from?

Nah, it's more a reflection that components like Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day won't do a damn thing to BGEE, if they even install. Something more generic like Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks should work. Since v10 is in the works, I'll definitely double-check them and restrict as appropriate.
    AndreaColomboDebaser
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    It was already confirmed by the devs that UB is not included (at least most of it is not), there is no new banter between old NPCs (BG1NPC project) and that the AI hasn't improved much (SCS).
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The Weidu workaround that is referenced in the other thread, which is necessary to enable mod installation, is far too complicated for my level of computer skills. I won't be able to mod this game until and unless Weidu is made compatible.

Let's just say I will not be in any hurry to uninstall my fully modded Gog.com setup.

Perhaps some modder out there could create a utility program that does what is needed automatically.
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    @CamDawg thank for for this thread. Has anyone discussed revising the Hard Times Mod? I always liked the idea of iron really being hard to come by during the shortage.
    PririLordsDarkKnight185Son_of_Imoen
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    @CamDawg, please note that @Ardanis is working on a new version of Divine Remix. He posted an archive here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=24596
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    awesome thread, thank you @CamDawg!

just a quick question: any chance of Level 1 NPCs (http://www.gibberlings3.net/level1npcs/) working with BGEE, or no dice there? dual wielder Monty with short swords is awesome (and suits the little psycho pretty well), so is swashy Safana.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Graoumf said:

@CamDawg, please note that @Ardanis is working on a new version of Divine Remix. He posted an archive here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=24596

great news!

LordsDarkKnight185
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    edited November 2012
    I'm not entirely comfortable with what BG:EE is going to do with the effect of reputation on neutral characters (i.e. make them happy with high reps). Presumably, the "Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation" option from BG2 tweaks can be used to override this change?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @mister_ennui

It should. If I'm not mistaken the only thing that tweak does is change the rep table.
    @Tanthalas

Thanks. It sounds as if I can continue to "enjoy" hearing Jaheira complain as a result of my good deeds then.
  • smallersmaller Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012

@Tanthalas

Thanks. It sounds as if I can continue to "enjoy" hearing Jaheira complain as a result of my good deeds then.

Actually, @mister_ennui, you'll just want the "Happy Patch" part of the BG2 Tweaks' "Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats".
    Happy Patch
    This component disables NPCs complaining about the party's reputation. For example, evil characters will no longer be unhappy in a high reputation party. This component will also disable the BioWare NPCs from fighting with one another: in Baldur's Gate, Kivan/Viconia, Tiax/Quayle, etc. and Keldorn/Edwin, Valygar/Viconia, etc. in Baldur's Gate II. This component is completely compatible with the Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation component.
    edited November 2012
    There's also, under "Joinable NPC Tweaks", the option to change Jaheira to Neutral Good if you haven't met her in-game yet.

BG2 Tweaks: Joinable NPC Tweaks
    BG2 Tweaks: Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats
    @smaller

Despite the impression I may have given above, I do actually like the fact that npcs express unhappiness with reputations that conflict with their alignments. It was just the changes to the reputation system that BG:EE introduces in respect of neutral npcs that I have a real issue with.

I don't actually find Jaheira's complaining that annoying to be honest. I'd probably miss it if she didn't do it.
    edited November 2012
    Ah, gotcha. I was mistaken about why you were asking.

What are the changes to reputation?
    The reputation table that governs npc reactions is changed so that neutral npcs actually become happy with high reputations. There is a discussion on the issue here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6903/reputation-for-neutral-characters/p1
    Thanks for the info!

I dunno - I guess I look it as party members not minding being famous. even if they're not so keen on the player being heroic.
  • szdobosszdobos Member Posts: 36
    Mods on Ipad????
    @szdobos

I have no idea how it will work on the iPad due to its closed system.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    edited November 2012
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    ALIEN said:
    BG:EE uses the ToB engine, but much of the processing/rendering has been revamped. You may want to wait to see the game before you decide if you need something like that.

On a side note, Divine Remix seems like a cool mod. I like the Ranger and Pally tweaks.
    ALIENLordsDarkKnight185
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    szdobos said:

Mods on Ipad????

Would not expect it for a long time.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I don't think it can be even done unless you're using a jailbroken device with access to the filesystem...
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    @Ardanis: all this modding work is invaluable. Thanks.
  • MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
    I'm really hoping UB can be updated quickly and painlessly. Amongst other things, I just never understood how Kagain never got to do his quest and stuck around with you. All the other NPC's kept griefing me to death about their quest.
    @MinscandBoo

Kagain never complained because to complete his "quest" all you had to do was travel to area north of Beregost, as you as you zoned he'd chime in saying that the caravan people should be dead and he might as well stick with you. The way Unfinished business handled was much better of course.