Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2012
    ooc @lockmund Just stating the facts :) I never saw Edwin survive for long. One of the paladins will be next :) And I'm 114 agrees away from the next agree badge anyway :P

BTW normally Imoen has the honor of being the first rogue to die...
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Ooc: hmm maybe I should come back as Neera instead of Xan...
    OOC @Delvarian as long as she does not wear red robes you should be safe ;)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    It would be interesting to see how Neera and Edwin get along, seeing as how the Red Wizards are hunting her.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    mlnevese said:

BTW normally Imoen has the honor of being the first rogue to die...

Imoen survived all of Tomb of Horrors, I think the only survivor (unless you include being stuck inside a gem, hi Minsc, hi Boo.) Poor Aerie was the first loss in that run.
    edited December 2012
    @Awong124 I think Neera would try to blast Edwin on sight. No questions asked...

@Evinfuilt True... I think she became a little more paranoid after the Tomb... I particularly still expect green goo to fall over me without warning :)
    I guess Neera would have an advantage somewhat, because her objective would just be to kill Edwin. Whereas Edwin would want to capture Neera alive, which would be more difficult. I wonder if the BGEE devs implemented any special exchanges between Edwin and Neera if you have them both in your party, especially if you have Edwin when you do Neera's quest. I wouldn't make much sense if Edwin helps her fight the other Red Wizards.
    edited December 2012
    If they didn't they should... if I was playing her I'd start casting my most powerful offensive spells BEFORE Edwin had time to raise defenses.
    I plan to do a playthrough with them both at some point.
    Now that we have raised this question, so will I... People wearing red dresses should be careful around Neera :)
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    OOC: yeah i'm not too sure on the Neera/Edwin thing...was doing an eeevil playthrough, and had had Neera briefly in my party before getting Edwin...as part of her quest, we encountered the wild mage she was looking for, and she popped up again even though she was no longer in the actual party...cue red wizards again, and Edwin had nothing to say about it all...may be different if they're both active members of the party I hope!
    LadyRhian said:

LOL! Part of what Doomed the party was just waiting around to see what turned up in response to Alora's pulling the rope before casting defensive spells. But, you know, just saying.

but...but...but...we trusted you!!!...plus, with Alora pulling the rope, it could very well just ahve been a butler coming down the chute with more cakes and high tea, right? right?

self justification is a beautiful thing.
    OOC Looks like Neera and Edwin will be a job for the modders then.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I got home a little while ago, and I am shaking quite a bit. I will post later. (Still waiting to hear from @Communard, though.)
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    OOC Imoen survived Tomb of Horrors (though after her terrible injury, she was possessed until right there at the very end) and the Haunted Saltmarsh. Yoshimo was the first rogue to die in that one. I think poor Aerie died at least twice in ToH. She died before Edwin, I think.

Really OOC, I finally got my Intel graphics driver updated, despite Gateway's objections! I can actually play BG:EE now! (Of course, upon discovering this, I had to leave for work.) Hampsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice! *squeak Squeak*
    I use a Gateway computer too. They're actually pretty good.
    OOC I've been playing in the bootcamp partition of my Mac while the OSX version does not see the light of day. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have any problems :)

So what is the traditional order of death in the group? Wizard -> Rogue -> Paladin?
    Okay... I decided what Xzar is going to do.

Keldorn strikes out at one of the undead afflicting him, and hits, but while he damages it, one arm drops off and continues to strike at him. Kivan tries to attack, but a wild swing unbalances him and he ends up falling over. Valygar fires off two arrows. The first strikes the zombie that Keldorn hit, killing it. The second injured another undead. Cernd summons Woodland Beings. Not being outdoors, the spell fizzles. Ajantis strikes at the undead attacking at Keldorn and misses. Branwen and Aerie turn undead and send the remaining creatures scuttling from the room, up and down stairs. Skie attacks one of the fleeing undead but misses, while Xzar casts Acid Arrow and takes out the most injured of the fleeing undead. Cackling, he goes over to examine the one that Keldorn and Valygar killed, looking fascinated with the body.

You are alone once more. Branwen gets a chance to examine the pendant. It is in the shape of the sun, with straight and wavy rays. In the center is a giant clear crystal with a soft golden cast. The sun is marked with several glyphs for "light" and "iife". Power seems to thrum from it, and also from a small silver statuette on the altar.
    OOC Statue in an altar? Looks around looking for giant boulders waiting to roll over the group :)
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    Garrick will pick up the gem that he conjured.

ooc Am I mirror imaged or not?
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    OOC: Oh, well that was a waste. I kind of getting the feeling for a lot of my better spells, I need to be outside for them to be effective..

Cernd shakes his head, "Fickle forest spirits." He mutters softly. He goes over to Keldorn, and casts Cure serious wounds, and glanced to the strange, and rather disturbed mage. "Why do you hover, like a vulture waiting for it's next scrap?" He asked the strange mage.
    Have our levels been restored yet?
    Garrick, please tell you know what God this is a symbol for, She or He has saved us from almost certain death. Yes, Skie is right, till our casters are restored we should not leave. It will give my ring enough time to heal me of most of my wounds, thank you Cernd for taking care of the worst.

Heal and rest some more, I shall stand awake at the entrance if any of you need more sleep. *Pulls out the doll and stands at the door.*
    edited December 2012
    Well, I'm not a priest, but the usual suspects when it comes to sun-power are of course Amanuator, Lathander and Horus-Re. It could also be a particular solar or maybe the order of the Sun Soul. Though the latter was and still is monastic, those Netherese wielded some serious mojo.

I'll take another look at is as soon as I'm done bleeding.
    Irina shakes her head. "I have never heard of these deities you speak of. It is sacred to Ravenovia, the Saint who gives life."
    Garrick casts Armor and then turns to Keldorn, "Go easy with the dispells for a while, will you please. I have a plan."

"So Branwen, if I understand things correctly, you are now able to help two of our friends. Aerie will be the first, but who will be the second?"

ooc Lore check on the pendant and the statue please.

Before we rest, Garrick will gather everyone near to him and cast invisibility 10'. He will NOT do so until all the healing and restoring spells have been cast!

Whilst we rest, he will memorize Armor, 2*infravision, 2*strength and Monster Summoning I.
    Garrick then starts to sing a sad ballad. It tells of the last journey of the ship Blue Bird. Caught in a storm, the crew tie a man to the helm as they prepare to abandon ship, but then forget to release him.
    LadyRhian said:

Irina shakes her head. "I have never heard of these deities you speak of. It is sacred to Ravenovia, the Saint who gives life."

Interesting, this saint. Does she or he have a name? and dare I ask, is there some ritual in the giving of life or is she more of a fertility style life giver.

Garrick... you are a genius. Xzar, come here and stay with us inside the area with Garrick. If you would like, we can talk of dead things and bodies rotting. I have seen many atrocities and maybe the story of how I removed an eye from a beholder would intrigue you and help you settle down to sleep.

OOC: I feel so weird typing that "Garrick, you are a genius"... this Garrick is so non-spoony.
    seeing the foul abominations scuttle off, Branwen feels a surge of triumphant hope.
    "Ha! Our Gods have not abandoned us yet!"
    Branwen will cast Lesser Restorations on Aerie aaaaannnnnd...Skie since by my count she lost about 4 levels...and then promptly drop into a coma, since casting 2 restoration spells maker her very tired and weak.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OOC: I remember soloing mage in bg2 and when I rest to recuperate injuries w/ the option rest until heal, it took me SEVEN days. Looks like we'll be resting here for a while.

"Come, let's celebrate our victory before Strald takes out more of us. I have a dread feeling that our glory is short-lived." Valygar starts a fire at the mantel.
This discussion has been closed.