Skip to content

Tales of the Underdark

Comments

• ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2012
    Backing slowly away, Tanis regarded both warriors with venom.

"If those pair of idiots get me killed, i'll murder them!" He growled.

He spent the next moment preparing to unleash his magic against whatever forces approach if need be. He judged that his allies would survive being caught in a fireball area of effect. Probably.

-Turn End-
  • AshtoneAshtone Member Posts: 53
    Watching the new turn of events with dismay, Demeisen moves his head between the cleric and dwarf rolling amongst the corpses and the approaching footsteps. He lifts his crossbow towards the Insane cleric as he readys to cast a spell upon the dwarf, then thinks better of it and moves silently backwards and away deeper into the cave towards where he saw Tanis run into the gloom.

Squinting into the darkness he catches sight of the elf boy glaring towards his other companions and preparing to cast a spell of his own. he moves close to the boy, out of sight, resolving to attempt to protect the youth if an enemy gets to him past the brawling fighters.

(turn end)
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    As the two men begin to battle Tharadin is caught off guard by three Goblin men. Tharadin's gaze still focused on Ebnar he try's to dodge their attack. From the other direction the footsteps have emerged and another goblin along with its leashed hellhound are aware of the party for some time now.

The Hellhound is unleashed and lunges at Ebnar...

Tanis and Demeisen are unnoticed by the goblins and hellhound.

Goblins attack Tharadin (miss), (6),(11) Tharadin is (injured)
    Hellhound attacks Ebnar (hits for 14) Ebnar is (injured) and must roll a ability check (strength) or be knocked unconscious. Ebnar rolls (5) success Ebnar pushes The hellhound back.

(DM) turn end
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    *Very reluctantly shifts his focus from Ebnar, and begins attacking the goblins next to him with his morningstar, but will not come to Ebnar's aid.*

(Turn end)
    Knoland
    edited December 2012
    Demeisen surveys the scene before him. He glances back at Tanis then moves amongst the bolders at maximum range from the fight. He goes down on one knee in the dirt, moves his cloak aside and raises his crossbow. Taking careful aim at the hellhoud savaging Ebnar, he fires.

(end turn)
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Ebnar grunts as the hellhound bites deep into the Dwarfs arm, taring some of his skin off as the Dwarf pushes the hellhound back, He grits his teeth and raises his axes, he looks around and counts the onslaught of Goblins, blood blinding him in one eye, he takes a quick glare into the darkness seeing if he can see Tanthalas or Demeisen, but fails, if they were there they were out of sight.

"Now look what ye gone an done ye fool of knight!"

He snarls at Tanthalas, he turns his gaze to the hellhound and his goblin handler who cackles at him, under normal circumstances the Dwarf could easily take them down, but he was caught off guard, injured and half blind. Slowerly Dwarf begins to smile and then laugh.

"HAH! so ye be wanting to take me down eh!? You!? A goblin filth and ye pet mut!? I'd sooner fall to that knights sorry excuse of an attack!"

Ebnar roars, smashing his breast plate with his axes, veins pop out from his neck, his face turns bright red, his teeth gritted tightly togeather.

-Uses Berserker Rage-

He charges headlong at the hellhound swing his duel axes like a madman, ingoring all pain in his ribs and arm.

"DIE YOU DROOLING SACK OF PIG SHITE!!"

-End Turn-
    OOC:
    Okay Hellhound?

In DnD is it like the traditional hell hound? Immune to fire based attacks? And is it "Evil" ie would a Protection from Evil spell stop it from hurting me/us?

IC:
    Tanis deliberated for a moment, the appearance of a hell hound rather threw a spanner in the works for him, so to speak.

Fireballs probably wouldn't have much if any affect on that creature, and he knew of no ice magic. His only useful spells in this instance would be the Chromatic Orb or Magic Missile.
    Fortunately at level 6 Chromatic Orb would be at the nadir of its outright damaging power, before becoming a largely (hugely crippling and useful) status effect type spell which would slow, paralyze, and petrify.

Magic Missile would only be situationally useful at this point, he reckoned.

Unable to see his roguish companion, he is unable to determine what he was doing, so could only guess.

The hell hound is the thread that they are all likely to focus on.

"Alright then..." He said to himself, "Magic Missile it is."

Tanis casts Magic Missile at the nearest Goblin, hoping to take it out quickly with a surprise blast.
    The hell hound lets out a growl that is other worldly... And readys itself for incomming attacks.

As the groups recovers from their assault the goblins begin to laugh.. Just then a glow of magic explodes from the darkness as Tanis uses his magic missile at the goblin holding the leash... The goblin lets out a scream as it falls backwards in fear. Demeisen lets loose a bolt from his crossbow towards that hellhound.

(Hellhound are evil) have a area effect of fire damage that's all I can say... ;)

Tharadin returns a blow at the closest goblin and hits for (10) goblin is injured.
    Demeisen attacks hellhound and hits for (4) damage the hellhound is barely injured.
    Tanis attacks goblin and hits for (13) damage the goblin is stunned and injured
    Ebnar attacks (enraged) and hits hellhound for (16) damage the hellhound is injured.

(DM) turn end
    edited December 2012
    *Tharadin presses his assault on the injured goblin, focusing his effort on defeating the smaller foes, leaving only the hellhound with which to have the other three party members focus on.*

(Turn end)
    edited December 2012
    Ebnar viciously swings his axes, completly lost in his Berserker Rage, each swing he lets off a terrfying shout even startling the Hellhound to some degree, the beast his remarkbly more agile than it looks moving away from the swings but the Dwarfs fury is too much and eventually the Hellhound is struck, the axe slicing into into its rear, a flurry of blood spilling out, its endurance is impressive and it fearlessly fights on albeit with a limp. Unaffected the Dwarf continues to swing wildy.

"DIE!!! DIE!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!! DIE!!!!" the Dwarf shouts with each swing, steam bellowing from his mouth, his rage growing even more.

-End Turn-
    edited December 2012
    OOC:
    The reason I ask is I don't want to toss off fire magic and have it ruddy heal the Hellhound lol.

So 1 stunned Gobbo? 1 Injured Gobbo? And 2 uninjured Gobbos?

And the hellhound?

IC:
    Pleased to have gotten the drop on the goblins, and at least incapacitated one for a brief time he surveyed the area.

Tharadin was more or less facing off against 3 goblins on his own. And The rest of the team is focussed on the Hellhound and its handler.
    He was torn wether to help Tharadin, or focus on dealing with the Hellhound, or finish off the handler.

He made the decision to charge at the handler.

On the way, he flings out his hand and casts Chromatic Orb at the Hellhound (this turn), and then flourished his staff to physically strike at the goblin handler (next turn) while it remained stunned.

-end turn-
    Demeisen lifts his head and smiles as he sees his bolt peirce the beast, but his smile turns to a grimace as he sees what little affect it had on the slavering monster.

Demeisen spits to the side and keeps his eyes focused on the hound as he reloads his crossbow. He takes aim on the hell hound and fires again.

(end turn)

OOC:
    The reason I ask is I don't want to toss off fire magic and have it ruddy heal the Hellhound lol.

So 1 stunned Gobbo? 1 Injured Gobbo? And 2 uninjured Gobbos?

-

I'm afraid we won't know what hurts or doesn't hurt any monsters until we attack them? I will let players know if an attack is ineffective however I Don't want to be pointing the direction of attacks. Once we establish aspects of certain monsters with the game the rules will "generally" be applied to all monsters of this type.

1/3 goblins near Tharadin are injured, hellhound injured, the goblin nearest the hellhound is injured and stunned from your surprise attack.
    The hellhound lets out another nasty roar at Ebnar and attacks him... For (11) damage

The goblin handler is stunned..and is hit for (7) damage by Tanis goblin is dead (all party receives 500exp)

One of the uninjured goblins runs toward Demeisen and attacks for (6) damage

The two goblins attack Tharadin for (8),(5) damage

The players attack:

Demeisen attacks hellhound for (9) damage hellhound is injured.
    Tanis attacks hellhound with orb for (8) damage hellhound is badly injured.
    Ebnar attacks hellhound for (11) hellhound is near death.
    Tharadin attacks injured goblin for (12) goblin is dead (party receives 500 exp)

Monsters attack:

Goblin attacks Tharadin for (6) damage Tharadin is badly injured.
    Goblin attacks Demeisen for (9) damage Demeison is injured
    Hellhound attacks with fire breath @ Ebnar, Demeisen & Tanis for (8) damage to all. Ebnar is badly injured, Demeisen is badly injured, Tanis is injured.

DM- turn end

Please post your hit points in your next thread. For info on this check page 1
    edited December 2012
    Ebnar notices the bolts flying down to hit the Hellhound, in his blood raged state he tilts his eyes up to look in the direction they were flying from, he see Demeisen is the attacker and Dwarf grins at him, as the Hellhound goes for a lunge Ebnar rams his axe shaft in the creatures mouth, using his strength he drags the beast around, it fights him visciously for control but the Dwarfs strength proves the greater, its claws leaving a trail mark on the dirt, he trys to position it in an area that Demeisen will be able to strike more easily. He catches at the cornor of his eye Tanthalas charging down towards them casting a chromatic orc at the Hellhound and swinging his staff towards the stunned goblin, using his strength and axe shaft still lodge in the Hellhounds mouth, he lifts the Hellhound up slightly giving the swirling orb a better angle at striking it.

'Damn Elf got some stones after all HAH!' he laughs in his head.

The beast struck by the bolt and orb at the same time causing it to yelp in an unnatural tone, this gives Ebnar a chance to strike it with his free axe splitting into the beasts side, yelping a second time the creature releases its grip on the axe and jumps back, weakened, hurt but still alive, Ebnar sees Tanthalas charge up and kill the stunned goblin trainer with his staff.

"By the hells Elf we be making an adventurer out ye yet!"

Ebnar laughs loudly still keeping a firm look on the Hellhound. His laughter is cut short at the creature forms fire in his mouth, catching him, Tanthalas and Demeisen in a arc of fire, the Dwarf roars with agony as the heat singes some of his beard away.

"YE BLASTED SPAWN OF HELL!! NOBODY BE BURNING ME BEARD!! NOBODY!!!"

Ingorning the pain Ebnar swings his axes back at the beast.

-End Turn-

OOC: Im bad when it comes to working out HP, but i believe it be 63, dont quote me on that.

so, Hellhound bite: 14
    Hellhound fire: 8

22/63 = 41
    Post edited by Dreyy on
    Knoland
    OOC:-----------

Ok my base health is 42 hp.

I got hit for: 6 (goblin charges)
    9 (same goblin i guess hit me with a back swing)
    8 (hell hounds flame breath)

Im now at 19 hit points and badly Injured (ouchy)

IC:-------------

Demeisen staggers back from the withering assault the goblin meted out on him only to be caught in a blast of searing hot fire from the hell beasts maw.

Crying out in agony and burned horrifically down the entire left side of his face, Demeisen casts aside his crossbow and backs up a few paces as he rips his short sword from its sheath.

He circles the Goblin in front of him, clutching at the near mortal wounds across his chest and belly with his left hand. giving his blade a twirl, he feints to the left then brings the blade down in a fast arc to the right, into the goblin and letting out a scream of rage.

OOC:-------------

this may be asking too much here, but i notice everyone has a +1 weapon but me :P
    my fault entirely for missing that i can have 2 +1 magic items, but can my short sword be a +1 to go along with my studded leather? pretty please? :P

(end turn)

Knoland
    *Tharadin remains stoic, despite slaying one of the goblins. He immediately shifts his focus to the next closest, keeping his shield raised, yet at the right angle to make it difficult for a goblin to attack.*

Combat with Ebnar: Health loss currently uncalculated.

Round 1 with Goblins: 69 - 6 - 11 = 52/69 HP.

Round 2 with Goblins: 52 - 6 = 46/69 HP.

(Turn end)
    edited December 2012
    OOC:
    SO the Chromatic Orb's special effect failed? At level 6 it should have had a stunning status effect.. :-P

My HP is currently 16/24 at my current level. Also 41000/60000 XP currently with me killing the handler.

Also to injuries have any practical effect currently?

IC:
    Tanis shrieked in a distinctly girly fashion (that he would later strenously deny) and batted at his robes to stop them catching from the gout of fire that the hellhound had spewed.

'Well at least that answered my question...' He thought in regards to the Hellhound's probably firebased abilities.

Feeling a little frazzled around the edges he glared fiercely at the hound.

"Hey! Fire is MY thing!" He growled in anger, "I wish I had bought a robe of fire resistance instead!"

Royally pissed off with the hellhound, he made a decision he will probably live to regret. He tossed a gout of Aganazzar's Scorcher flame at the hell hound.

-Turnus Endus-
    OOC: Oh my bad, Ebnars got 90 HP so minus 22 of all Hellhound damage thats, 90 - 22 = 68
    Thank you for updates on HP.

The hellhounds fire breath still burning the ground around the adventurers as they quickly reassemble themselves to attack. Ebnar, and Tanis join forces to attack the hellhound while Tharadin and Demeisen attack the remaining goblins. The heroes are all starting to feel the fatigue of battle and Ebnar's rage has ended.

Tharadin attacks goblin for (10) goblin is injured
    Demeisen attacks goblin for (7) goblin is injured
    Ebnar attacks hellhound for (9) hellhound is dead (1000) experience to party

Tanis has an opportunity to attack either goblin or pass.

Demeisen sees a crossbow +1 in the hands of the fallen goblin near Tharadin.

(DM) turn end
    Ebnar 68/90
    Tharadin 46/69
    Tanis 16/24
    Demeisen 19/42

No player vs player combat has been added*
    (For now the altercation between Tharadin & Ebnar resulted in superficial wounds and bruised egos)
    *Tharadin remains focused on the goblins, smashing them down, becoming more and more eager to finish this battle so that his previous one can resume.*

(Turn end)
    edited December 2012
    The Hellhound limpy lunges at Ebnar, its wounds slowing it down and making it more clumsey, but its fangs are just as deadly, it leaps up to go for the Dwarfs face, luckily Ebnar proves the quicker, swinging both axes togeather he brings both full force down onto the Hellhounds skull with a mighty cry crashing it to the earth with severe force. Its body still twitching from the axes being lodged in its skull Ebnar yanks them out creating a spray of blood which splatters across the front of the Dwarf in a flurry of crimson gore.
    Ebnar breaths heavyily, his Berserker Rage fading. His anger still remains hot however, as he eyes Demeisen in a deadly square off with one of the Goblins. Ebnar heaves up his axes, clearly tired from a already tough fight, his injuries slowly starting to creep their way back in and charges at the unexpecting Goblin, yelling yet another battle cry and swinging both axes towards it.

-End Turn-

OOC: Also on a side note i believe after Berserker Rage ends the user suffers a small amount of damage, due to losing the bonus hitpoints which were temporarly created while using the ability, so in essence he wouldnt lose any off his base HP but would suffer from losing the extra, though that might need clarification, been awhile since i last played a Berserker to remember haha.
    edited December 2012
    OOC:
    I am assuming that you continue to mean 500xp and 1000xp each as apposed to between us?

Also wondering, does me not getting my attack mean I get another attack?

IC:
    Tanis redirects his assault towards the other Goblin(s) attacking Tharadin, the gout of Aganazzar's Scorcher that is.

He attempts to maneover himself so that the blast hits both goblins, but not Tharadin. (Also if he gets a second attack round, fire a Magic Missile at whichever Goblin he doesn't hit).
    Post edited by ScotGaymer on
    @Dreyy:

Fighter Kits:

Berserker:

Advantages: May use "Enrage" ability once per day per 4 levels. The enraged state lasts 60 seconds and grants a +2 bonus to hit and damage, a 15 HP boost and a -2 bonus to AC. Enraging also grants immunity to charm, hold, fear, maze, imprisonment, stun, confusion, feeblemind, level drain and sleep. (Note: The bonus HP is lost at the end of the enraged state, potentially killing the berserker).

Disadvantages: Becomes winded after berserking, reciving a -2 to hit and damage penalties, and a +2 AC penalty. Can only become proficient in ranged weapons (no more than 1 proficiency point).
    Knoland
    Anduine said:

@Dreyy:

Fighter Kits:

Berserker:

Advantages: May use "Enrage" ability once per day per 4 levels. The enraged state lasts 60 seconds and grants a +2 bonus to hit and damage, a 15 HP boost and a -2 bonus to AC. Enraging also grants immunity to charm, hold, fear, maze, imprisonment, stun, confusion, feeblemind, level drain and sleep. (Note: The bonus HP is lost at the end of the enraged state, potentially killing the berserker).

Disadvantages: Becomes winded after berserking, reciving a -2 to hit and damage penalties, and a +2 AC penalty. Can only become proficient in ranged weapons (no more than 1 proficiency point).

cheers mate, thought it was something like that lol kinda shot my character in foot abit by mentioning it but ah well, atleast its accurate haha.

Knoland
    edited December 2012
    Demeisen's sword stroke lands well, slicing through the goblins flimsy armour and down its rib cage, causing the green skin to shreik in pain and dance back. It narrows its beady red eyes and hisses at him.

Pacing back a step, Demeisen sees Tharadin dispatch a second goblin and Ebnar finally slaying the hell hound in a large spray of gore.

Focusing back on his goblin, he grits his teeth and adjusts the grip on his short sword, holding the weapon defensively across his body. As the goblin moves in for its next attack he lashes out with the sword in a high horizontal arc.

(end turn)

OOC:
    I am assuming that you continue to mean 500xp and 1000xp each as apposed to between us?

Also wondering, does me not getting my attack mean I get another attack?

IC:
    Tanis redirects his assault towards the other Goblin(s) attacking Tharadin, the gout of Aganazzar's Scorcher that is.

He attempts to maneover himself so that the blast hits both goblins, but not Tharadin. (Also if he gets a second attack round, fire a Magic Missile at whichever Goblin he doesn't hit).

500, 1000 per character.

You will be attacking next round, followed by monsters, then the rest of party.
    Tanis takes his time while his party defends their attack, he uses Aganazzar's Scorcher at the Goblin closest to Demeisen, Goblin takes (11) damage and dies instantly as it turns into a pile of ash. (party receives 500 exp)

Goblin attacks Tharadin (miss) -Goblin runs in fear deep into the carven tunnel.. (The goblin lets out a evil laugh as it runs)

Tanis attempts to use magic missile on Goblin but loses his sight of him as he runs.

The party is exhausted... Ebnar also suffers from his Rage cool down.

Goblin has dropped (crossbow +1)

All that is left is the unfinished business between Tharadin and Ebnar, both men are injured and tired... blood dripping from their woulds the room becomes very quiet. Demeisen and Tanis watch in frustration at their two companions about to kill each other.

(DM) turn end