Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Messing around with The Black Pits I combined the ring of protection +2 with the cloak of improved protection +2. Turns out they stack. Who knew?
    Oxford_GuypipinhoPaulg
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited January 2013
    Is the cloak of improved protection +2 different from a normal cloak of protection +2?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited January 2013
    @ajwz Yup, it's the TOB enhanced version which casts improved haste and improved invisibility on the wearer once per day in addition to being +2 AC & +2 saves.

NB it's TBP only
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    BTW Albruin +1 (Immunity to poison, +2 damage bonus, detect illusion once per day) also has the "silver" attribute, according to Near Infinity, but not "cold iron", apparently this means it can damage Greater Werewolves, but not Loup Garou.

NB: there's a list of all weapons with the "cold iron"/"silver" attribute that I've found here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14394/complete-list-of-weapons-with-cold-iron-ability-vs-werewolves-spoilers
    ajwz
  • Fun fact in case anyone was curious: The Potion Case you pick up from High Hedge holds a maximum of 100 potions (stacked or otherwise). Has anyone picked up the Scroll Case since the latest patch and checked out what the new maximum capacity is?
    Kaigen said:

Fun fact in case anyone was curious: The Potion Case you pick up from High Hedge holds a maximum of 100 potions (stacked or otherwise). Has anyone picked up the Scroll Case since the latest patch and checked out what the new maximum capacity is?

I've not been able to fill the scroll case to capacity yet, can definitely contain more scrolls, though :-)
  • GlaykithGlaykith Member Posts: 14
    Maybe this changed in the 2012 patch, but I just picked up the magical club from Entar Silvershield's estate and it's not a normal +1 club like the other one. It is a "Night Club +1" with a "THAC0: +1, +2 at night" and a different description.
    ajwz
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Glaykith said:

Maybe this changed in the 2012 patch, but I just picked up the magical club from Entar Silvershield's estate and it's not a normal +1 club like the other one. It is a "Night Club +1" with a "THAC0: +1, +2 at night" and a different description.

Gives a whole new aspect to going clubbing... ;-)

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Glaykith said:

It must have changed since the last patch - thanks for this
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2013
    Kaigen said:

Fun fact in case anyone was curious: The Potion Case you pick up from High Hedge holds a maximum of 100 potions (stacked or otherwise). Has anyone picked up the Scroll Case since the latest patch and checked out what the new maximum capacity is?

@Kaigen

According to NI the new capacity for the scroll case is 100.
    [Deleted User]
    Erg said:

Kaigen said:

@Kaigen

For new games, but unfortunately it seems to be still limited to 20 if you've already picked it up
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

Erg said:

Kaigen said:

@Kaigen

For new games, but unfortunately it seems to be still limited to 20 if you've already picked it up
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/242272/#Comment_242272
    Erg said:

Erg said:

Kaigen said:

@Kaigen

I've read that and still haven't figured out what to do...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Erg said:

Erg said:

Kaigen said:

@Kaigen

I've read that and still haven't figured out what to do...
    Aha! Done it, had to use Shadowkeeper rather than the console, though
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Those scrolls are packed in tight.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

100 actually seems rather much...

For scrolls, yes (although the original 20 was too low if you're like me and like to keep all of the Iron Throne's love letters for posterity). For potions, on the other hand, I hit 100 without too much trouble once I stop selling them off for gold. I'd probably hit the gem bag cap too if I didn't consider it a waste of time to pick up all the gems after a certain point.

[Deleted User]
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @Bhaaldog

Ammo stacks to 80

Haven't found a limit on how far potions stack yet. I had up to 34 health potions in one slot on my quick bar once.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I always forget to utilize the scrolls when I jam them in there..

Imagine if the scroll case had a quickslot and you could cast the scrolls you have inside it with ease
  • Bhaaldog said:

Kaigen said:

Bhaaldog said:

100 actually seems rather much...

For scrolls, yes (although the original 20 was too low if you're like me and like to keep all of the Iron Throne's love letters for posterity). For potions, on the other hand, I hit 100 without too much trouble once I stop selling them off for gold. I'd probably hit the gem bag cap too if I didn't consider it a waste of time to pick up all the gems after a certain point.

I tended to keep all my letters in the chest at the Friendly Arm Inn. For me it is just a rather large change in inventory capacity from the original which is what I am used to.

Did they also change how many potions and arrows you can stack in the EE?
    I'm pretty sure they did. My memory of BG1 vanilla is hazy at this point, but I know in BG2 you were limited to stacks of 5 for healing potions and stacks of 40 for arrows/bolts/bullets.
    [Deleted User]
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @moopy: Are you sure it was 34? I swear mine stopped stacking at 24. I play on iPad, though, so maybe they changed it, or the font was so small I couldn't read it properly.
    [Deleted User]Metalloman
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @Eudaemonium

It could easily have been 24 and I thought it read 34.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I loved that game as a kid. It was great to play two player with a mate.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Bhaaldog said:

Just realised the "Golden Axe" is possibly an Easter Egg reference to the Sega Game...

There is an NPC mod (a human fighter-->Mage named Tyris Flare) based on that game. I wonder if this axe was the inspiration?