Skip to content

Give Viconia a better portrait for BGEE

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
edited March 2016 in Feature Requests
It must be bug because someone gave Viconia wrong portrait.

This is Drow ? Really ?
Ugly old woman with normal skin and pink hair ?
Dont be ridiculous...

We REALLY need change this terrible portrait to her BG2 portrait or some new portrait.
Post edited by Edvin on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Please don't make joke bug reports.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    I like the BG2 portrait too, but this picture seems pretty descriptive of Viconia. She looks like she's going to commit a murder with a staff. Didn't she tell CHARNAME about that in BG2 in a romance script? Also, Drows have silver hair: it's the flames that make it look 'pink'. I agree about the skin, though.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I never liked her BG1 portrait, I usually swap it with the BG2 one.
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    She looks like a drow to me, you may not just see it cuz of the red glare on her skin from the fire shes standing next to.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Only problem I have with he BG2 one is the bright blue skin. Obviously, it's not easy to create obisidan skin in artwork, but when the paperdoll is more accurate to her skin tone than her portrait, then there's a problem.
    @LadyRhian
    Apparently I can't see the pic because it contains "nudity and sexual themes".
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Tanthalas said:

@LadyRhian
    Apparently I can't see the pic because it contains "nudity and sexual themes".

Somewhat transparent dress lets you see the nipples. You're not missing much. I'm not a fan. Good proportions and very attractive lady, but the color style wouldn't appeal to me even if it did match the style of BG portraits.

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2012
    @Tanthalas Well, barely covered nudity... Same character, more coverage: http://cyzra.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1p9vyh

Or this one (different character, though): http://cyzra.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1cm29i
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I think the skin tone used in those images is better than what we get in Viconia's BG2 portrait.

I actually think that someone posted a modified version of Viconia's portrait somewhere in the forum. Let me see if I can find it.

Ok, the image is in this discussion in Wisp's post:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1150/viconia-black-or-blue/p1

I don't like how they changed her clothes too, but I guess they did it so her skin wouldn't stand out as much.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    @Edvin
    How about this one?

not at all serious
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited August 2012
    CamDawg said:

@Edvin
    How about this one?

not at all serious

Horrible, but still not that bad like her original portrait from BG1...
    You must try REALLY hard if you want find worst then that one.
    And that why we all want replace that portrait.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    That was actually part of a series I did when some of us were joking around on IRC about Imoen getting loose with her BG2 hair dye. You'll notice I gave the same treatment to Korgan, Keldorn, Jaheira, and Aklon in the gallery. :)
    Keldorn looks awesome.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    You people complain too much, the original portrait is great. It seems you all failed to observe the background because if you did you'd see she's in some kind of fiery abyss, making her skin reddish and lit.

The colour of her skin isn't what makes this portrait bad. If it was, the BG2 one would be bad too. This portrait is great in my opinion and the BG2 portrait is ruined by the hood (which I thought was hair).

@Edvin The portrait you showed the fans made is better than the original, I agree with that. Who made it bro?
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    How about a Viconia of many colors? :P
    http://syntia13.deviantart.com/#/d58tlem
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    I like both the BG1 and BG2 portraits. The BG1 makes sense, as already has been said before, she is standing near fire which makes her face glow reddish.
  • LorfeanLorfean Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2012
    The original portrait is fine and I don't want them to touch it, nor do I think they are allowed to contractually. As someone already said, the lighting in the portrait gives her skin a reddish tint and the darkness makes her hair look more gray/purple than white, but I can definitely see her Drow nature in that portrait. In the BG2 portrait her skin looks blue, so yeah...

If you don't like it, there are enough fan-made/edited portraits out there you can replace it with.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Syntia13 said:

How about a Viconia of many colors? :P
    http://syntia13.deviantart.com/#/d58tlem

He that breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom.

• KukarachaKukaracha Member Posts: 256
    In the BG1 portrait she's piss-ugly, in the BG2 portrait she's beatiful.
    So the question is : is the character of Viconia ugly or beautiful? In my opinion, given that she's romanceable, being an elf and having sometimes a kinky/luscious attitude, she's supposed to look good. Very good.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I personally like the BG 2 portrait of Viconia better, except for the blue skin, which looks horrible and alien to me. I have always known Drow to have a dark brown/blackish skin tone (a bit like black people in real life) and white/silver-ish hair, which they sometimes dye in another colour such as purple. That's why I like Viconia's depiction in the BG 1 portrait best, as it could explain why, except for the lighting used, her hair looks a bit purple-ish. I don't like her body pose in the BG 1 portrait, though. It looks kinda awkward, as if she's hung to the ceiling with her hands chained together, as we can't see much of the staff she's supposedly holding. Thus, I prefer a combination of both portraits, as in the BG 2 portrait with Viconia having dark brown skin and white hair.
  • LorfeanLorfean Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2012
    Kukaracha said:

In the BG1 portrait she's piss-ugly, in the BG2 portrait she's beatiful.

Your opinion. I prefer her BG1 portrait over the BG2 one -- it fits her character better and she looks a hell of a lot more feisty.
    So the question is : is the character of Viconia ugly or beautiful? In my opinion, given that she's romanceable, being an elf and having sometimes a kinky/luscious attitude, she's supposed to look good. Very good.
    That's... Wow. So she's supposed to look "very good" just so she can conform to your fantasy of what a "romanceable elf with a kinky/luscious attitude" is supposed to look like? I think each player has their own interpretation of what the various characters in these games are like, and to a lot of people there's probably a lot more to Viconia than what you just described.

Anyway -- I say leave the portraits the way they are in the respective games and players can simply use custom portraits where they see fit. Just like we've been doing for the past 14 years.

• KukarachaKukaracha Member Posts: 256
    @Lorfean Well, especially in BG2, she seems to attract lustful reactions from NPCs, so my idea isn't based on my desire for romance (I've always favoured girls made of flesh and bone, see), but on the way she's perceived in-game. I also never said there wasn't more to her...
    It isn't a matter of fantasy at all, you're quite overreacting there.
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud

She's holding a stave above her. I thought she was doing that pose women do when they dance, holding their arms above, a little bent and clicking their finger.

It was sexier before I noticed the stave. :(
    edited August 2012
    LadyRhian said:
    That ass. Spider and snakes ruin the mood though.
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    edited August 2012

swap it with the BG2 one.

Just this^^