Skip to content

FAQ #1 [Archive]

15678911»

Comments

• bntsheridanbntsheridan Member Posts: 6
    Corlander..not fully grasping what you are saying...most likely me. When you beat the game at the end...the game automatically does the save for you. When I look at the final save folder...all it has in it is my last character that beat the game. I am basically just playing it over and over waiting for the BG2 release...IT isn't a huge deal I have all my save points prior to the final battles for each character.....its the final save point post battle that is getting overwritten. Just seems to me this should not happen and was curious if the original game had the same flaw.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @bntsheridan
    I believe she's saying that you might want to rename the save folder (in your Documents directory, the folder named 000000000-Final Save, or whatever the number is) so that when you beat the game it will create a new "Final Save" instead of overwriting the existing one.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Coriander I'd like to emphasize @Sese79's point about the missing movies. Please go ahead and visit http://baldursgate.com/enhancements.en.html. You'll notice that the following statement is still present there:
    New Cinematics

All of the Baldur's Gate cinematics have been replaced with beautifully hand painted animated cinematics, directed by Nat Jones.
    As we know, that statement is false. When I decided to buy the game, I assumed it was true and that had affected my choice. Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad I bought BG:EE but it was still a disappointment for me to deal with. Worse still, that promise is still out there on the official site, spreading misinformation and tricking potential customers into thinking the new cinematics have more to offer than they actually do.

Could you please make sure the people who get to decide what appears on the official website are notified about this issue? I think it would be only fair to have that statement removed or rewritten in a way that made its contents accurate.

It would also be nice to see an official apology about that piece of misinformation, but even if that doesn't happen I'd still be content with it no longer being there.
    Sese79
    We're working on getting the statement adjusted; if you see any other discrepancies on the official website please don't hesitate to let one of us know and it'll get looked at.
    @Dee Thank you.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Thank you @Adul good to see that I'm not the only one who is disappointed with the new movies, with the missing movies, and the mentioned website advertisement.
    Thank you @Dee for un-flag and un-spam my posts about this, and thank you for your kind messages.

I wish you devs could choose the another solution: leave the advertisement there and create the missing movies (or at least make the old ones available again without modding) because I think an "Enhanced" version deserves all the movies. Thanks for reading.
  • TazokTazok Member Posts: 34
    I dont get it, the cinematics are new. What isnt true about that?
    @Tazok About half of the cinematics from the original BG1 are missing in BG:EE. The advertisement states that all the cinematics have been remade, which is false.
    Actually it says that all of them have been replaced, which is still technically accurate (since "all" implies "the body of them", not "each individual one"), but you're right, it's a bit misleading.
    AdulNecdilzor
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Are the missing cinematics still in the making, or will they not be added?
    @Thunder: we received the answer "C)": the missing movies will not be replaced, despite of the advertisement on the Main Page, and despite of an issue (loop of text appearing at the screen) in multiplayer games. We ask for a replacement since 6 months, or for an option to choose the old movies in the game, and we have bug reports here since December. Turn back 1 page there you can see the answer from Coriander and check the News topic / Patch status too, Page 1 there you will find the answer from Dee. It's not what you would expect from an Enhanced edition. :(
    For some reason I can't edit my last post, so here is the correction: answer was "B". Wish it would be a C or more.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Another question, is it possible to edit character sounds sets to remove only specific lines from them?

I feel the newly added sound sets could be decent if it wasn't for some odd-sounding lines.
    @Thunder
    Technically yes. Just find the sound you don't like, and remove the corresponding sound file from lang\en_us\sounds\.

The only hitch there is that it won't be replaced with anything unless you replace it. So any time that sound would normally be played, it won't play anything.
    Thunder
    There's a new thread specifically for asking questions HERE. I'm closing this thread so that it can be archived.
This discussion has been closed.