Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 2)

Comments

• TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    Lanfear said:

BG2 EE: Please put in the quests that the original game cut.
    -Like the door where you need a rogue stone to enter. Was a quest around that, people found dialogue in raw files.

Hip-thrust. Also, how did we initially find out about that? I'm betting accidentally, as it just says "inky blackness the door is spooooky" without the stone.

On-topic: I'm certain there are probably caveats in-place, but a man has to try. What is your mother's maiden name, the name of your first pet and the true-name of Mephistopheles? Do hurry. What? No reason.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Lanfear: According to modders "in the know", BG2:EE will be much more compatible with existing mods - in which case I recommend "Unfinished Business", which restores that quest (among many others). :)
  • LanfearLanfear Member Posts: 3
    shawne said:

@Lanfear: According to modders "in the know", BG2:EE will be much more compatible with existing mods - in which case I recommend "Unfinished Business", which restores that quest (among many others). :)

Thank you:)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    shawne said:

I don't recall unfinished business having that. Like the Baldurdash (Restored Slave Lord & Twisted Rune Quest) Fix at most it just gives you an item (special rogue stone) that in its description leads you to the Twisted Rune entrance. I won't get into all the minor changes but it was never made into a quest per-se.
    Shin
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    there's other lands like Zakhara and Kara-tur, will at some point in the future will your team explore those lands besides Faerun that many game companies have done to death? (nothing wrong with Faerun, but the other settings could use some love).
    @Kaliesto: One of the devs implied (albeit quite a while back) that you'd be able to visit Shou Lung at some point in BG2:EE. Whether that's still going to happen is anyone's guess.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    When I first heard about lung dragons I initially thought they were scraping the bottom of the barrel, you know, metallic, chromatic, gem, lung... didn't think it was a region thing.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Well if they were going to start naming dragon species after body parts, we'd start seeing some disturbing deviantart accounts
    EdwinWanderon
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Are their any plans to let ipad bgee 1 players transfer their games at the release to bgee 2? I really want to be able to player my character all the way threw without having to go a round about way to get it to transfer
    nsr
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    I have a good question!

What's the first thing you guys decided to do once you knew you were gonna be back? Whether it's have a beer or or work on BG3 plotline, I wanna hear it!
    diggerb
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Are subraces a planned feature? And/or is there a significant chance of them being included in the game at some point in the future?
    Just to give a general notion of the post-hiatus state of affairs: is Beamdog still contractually obligated to release BG2:EE within the original time frame?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Adul said:

Are subraces a planned feature? And/or is there a significant chance of them being included in the game at some point in the future?

We have no current plans to implement subraces, no. The extraneous effects that would need to be considered, particularly for the races that seem to be requested most often, are too numerous to address for this project. We may look at it later, but for the moment the scope of that implementation, in order to do it properly, is simply unfeasible.
    shawne said:

Just to give a general notion of the post-hiatus state of affairs: is Beamdog still contractually obligated to release BG2:EE within the original time frame?

We'll have a bit more information about BG2 soon, but suffice to say that we don't feel rushed with regard to BG2EE (at the moment).
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    I assume the Drow are a massively requested race, and I can't see that being a selectable subrace without massive lore and rp repercussions, so in that light, not doing subraces makes sense. Anyway, on to my question!

Is there a chance of us seeing another full-blown companion in BG1EE like Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad, with there own quests, romance lines, and continuation to BG2EE? And is it possible to see a companion from vanilla BG1 that wasn't in BG2 be put in BG2EE as a companion?
    [Deleted User]GodKaiserHellelminsterIlphalar
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    BG:EE for Ubuntu coming soon? How is Android looking?

Just so you know I have purchased The Windows, Mac, iPad versions and will buy the Android version and the Linux version.

I bought all of them to support you guys so you can make the Linux version.
    diggerbFredjoPibaro
  • Dronovich_mskDronovich_msk Member Posts: 45
    Hi, guys. Can you tell me are you going to include Russian language in the next patch? And will it be available on ipad?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Dronovich_msk It depends on the Russian team AFAIK. You can ask in the Russian forum to the Russian team members if they've submitted a final translation.
  • Dronovich_mskDronovich_msk Member Posts: 45
    mlnevese said:

@Dronovich_msk It depends on the Russian team AFAIK. You can ask in the Russian forum to the Russian team members if they've submitted a final translation.

The translation was made by PLay Ua company. They said, that they have given you the text
  • SolmenirSolmenir Member Posts: 3
    I'm a longtime fan of Baldur's Gate, and I'm really really glad that the issues were resolved, becouse I think the enhanced edition still need a lot of fixes and improvements, but its going the right way.
    I do have some question as well:
    My first question is about the new UI - will we be able to make weapon sets like in Icewind Dale 2? For example, right now you can't equip a two handed weapon when your character has 1h weapon and shield, or two 1 handed weapon. In Icewind Dale, I was able to make a set of sword and shield, and put an arrow in an another slot. I also hope that it will be customisable :-) (Thief/mage/priest was nightmarish, like half of the abilities were available in the special abilities menü)

My other question is regarding BG2:EE- is there plans to add new NPC-s other than the new ones in the prequel? It could really use some bad guys - as far as I can remember, there are like 3 evil NPCs in it :-)

And my final question is about Icewind Dale - is there a chance for an Icewind Dale enhanced edition too?

Once again, thank you very much for the work you put into this fantastic game.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I am also extremely curious about the new ui
  • Blakes7Blakes7 Member Posts: 83
    Will it now be possible for existing companions (not the new ones) to have added dialogues so that the baldurs gate experience is more like bg2 with companions?

This game really really needs that to feel properly enhanced imo.
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    @shawne that would be a kick ass evil party
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I really do hope for an Evil Thief *grins* corrupting Imoen just doesn't feel right...
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Would there be a possibility of you guys adding a Skard-type Bard NPC? It would really be nice to have a reason to invite a Bard into the party anyway, but to have Battlesong, and a good written story/voice acting would be icing on the proverbial cake.

Since the new NPCS Dorn and Nalia were kitted, I thought I'd ask. It only seems to be worthwhile to be a Skald yourself, and you can't really gain the benefit of the song AND attack. Unless you micromanage battle by 6 second intervals.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

~Ascerion
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Also curious on android release! I've been far too productive on my commutes lately :)
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    Does BG:EE use EAX (environmental audio)? IIRC, the original BG1 & BG2 used EAX, but I don't see it anywhere on the options menu for BG:EE. DirectSound is no longer supported on Win Vista, 7 or 8, but OpenAL is a workable alternative.

Does (or will) BG:EE support environmental audio again?
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    What is the origin of pi ?
This discussion has been closed.