Skip to content

Unrealistic Fantasy Art

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @BaldursCat The ending of the second one is highly WTF, though. My eyes rolled so hard I think I broke something. I mean, it actually HURT.
    New this morning:

image by jdelnido The warrior woman, Fetishista, faces off against the snake. No, no sexual implications here, nosirree!
    image by KoTnoneKoT Ribbons and body paint are the new Plate Armor. No, really!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    LadyRhian said:

New this morning:
    image by jdelnido The warrior woman, Fetishista, faces off against the snake. No, no sexual implications here, nosirree!

Maybe there are implications, but her with a sharp object sort of kills the buzz.
    I guess the sword is in her hands. Dun Dun DUNNNN. ;)
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428

ive seen this image loads and its usually my go-to picture when people say women dont look attractive in armour (yes ive had people say this to me personally, dont worry offended girls/women....im still mocking him)
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

ive seen this image loads and its usually my go-to picture when people say women dont look attractive in armour (yes ive had people say this to me personally, dont worry offended girls/women....im still mocking him)

I didn't know Iron Man was in D&D... :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

I didn't know Iron Man was in D&D... :)
    Huh? I thought for sure he was talking about the Iron Woman at the background. Notice the feminine facial features of that helmet? The elf on the other hand almost looks like John Irenicus in his hippy days, before he awakended a fascination for bathing caps.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2013
    Please don't "quote" pics in this thread using the "quote" feature. Use the @ sign for the tagging feature instead, if you want to call the attention of a pic poster.

Excessive pics in a thread drive the forum controls crazy, and make it very, very hard to click in on the most recent posts.

There are already so many pics and quotes of pics in this thread, that every time I click on it, my browser skips madly up and down the most recent page, and then settles in on a post that is nowhere near the most recent post.

That leaves me to hunt up and down the page, trying to remember where I was and to zero in on it again. And that, discourages me from even bothering to click on the thread to see what people are saying and posting.

EDIT: Because of this, I have given up trying to follow Lady Rhian's "Too many pictures" thread in the Fan Creations forum. I wish that people who want to post entire collections of pics and to keep them updated, would occasionally start new threads under the titles "My Thread I", "My Thread II", "My Thread III", etc.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited October 2013
    LadyRhian said:
    That made me cringe. I wish I could say I laugh and smile at this sort of art. It reminds me of the Rob Liefeld drawings. I know at least one or two of the pictures in the link you posted are Rob Liefeld drawings.

On a different topic, formatting, I'll just take the most recent:

Excessive pics in a thread drive the forum controls crazy, and make it very, very hard to click in on the most recent posts.

EDIT: Because of this, I have given up trying to follow Lady Rhian's "Too many pictures" thread in the Fan Creations forum. I wish that people who want to post entire collections of pics and to keep them updated, would occasionally start new threads under the titles "My Thread I", "My Thread II", "My Thread III", etc.

Poster could also use height or width styles to keep excessively large pictures smaller, thus taking up less visible space on the screen. I did notice that the previous pages' background formatting was broken due to the length of the page. But that's all I'll say here. Anyone is free to ask in the formatting thread. :)

My examples also trying to be on topic:

image image image

I have noticed that armour seems to go from one extreme to the other in fantasy art, with very little middle ground. I couldn't call most of what was posted in here 'bad,' however, as much of the artwork posted likely took a great deal of skill and care. The subject matter of the artwork on the other hand...
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    I finally found A COUPLE OF MALE characters dressed like a female character would generally be:
    image by lorandesore
    It's not any better, really.

image This is just... ugh. On the upside, Gambit eyes. Another downside, ears are wilting
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Mind if I cut in? ;)

By Saehral on Deviantart, original character by Squaresoft.

Okay, so Final Fantasy comes from it's own little highly-stylized universe by itself, and we could debate all day every day about their character design choices all across the board...

But seriously, look at Kuja. LOOK AT HIM. He is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of "men dressed as women in fantasy 'armor.'"

Disclaimer: I flippin' love Final Fantasy 9. And Kuja.
    @Nonnahswriter By all means. ::Gawks shamelessly.::

That's... I don't even have words for that...
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Those are guys? If so, I think they're cross-dressing. Maybe drag is making its way into fantasy art now. (I don't say that sarcastically - remember, I'm a gay guy, and I've been around drag queens a lot in my life.)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited October 2013
    @belgarathmth "Now"? Fantasy art picturing drag queens is as old as art itself. From what I've heard, even the Indus Valley Civilization had its fair share of them.

That Kuja fella would be categorized as a bishounen, basically effeminate/androgynous young men. The word itself was first written down by Murasaki Shikibu within her Tales of Genji story, which dates back roughly around 1000 A.D. Although a pretty old "pretty boy" stereotype in itself, it's still highly popular by many females and males alike. Personally though, I find their lack of beards... disturbing.

As for the armor Kuja is wearing... Well, it certainly seems to protect his crown jewels effectively and thus grants him immunity to critical hits. Probably.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Jesus, at first I just paid attention to his ridiculous clothes but now I noticed his inch long, flesh-coloured finger nails. Also, his hand could be extended for someone to hold, but his 'come hither' facial expression makes me think he's waggling his fingers, beckoning the viewer closer.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Ahh, Kuja, even 10+ years later, you're still confusing people about what sex you are.

Honestly, though, I find that to be one of the good pictures of him.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Nonnahswriter Androgeny for the win. I've never been one for hypermasculinity.
    image by Alla-Holod Two swords, no armor and gratuitous butt flashing.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    @SapphireIce101 Isn't he lovely? The artist did well. :)

@Mortianna Indeed. Some of my favorite villains in anime and games are bishounen. Men who are so beautiful and yet so horridly evil at the same time... They are the schemers. They are the dangerous ones.

Back on topic, I can't help but feel those shorts must be so uncomfortable... Also, is that a play on Beauty and the Beast? Quite interesting.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The beast will be hitting that.
    @CoM_Solaufein Yup. Just look at that smirk on his/its face. You know he'll be hitting that HARD.
    And this pic is entitled, "Warrior Girl", but that thing behind her and the way she's posed make me think it's a stripper pole.

image by Ayyasap
    image by the-silverware Really? THIS is supposed to be armor?
    image by mrgotland Impractical, but better than some armor I've seen.
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Even though I wouldn't generally call all this art... 'bad' persé, I do get the message......

Anyhow, I did came over this drop dead gorgeous and sexy woman dressed in proper battle attire, figured this'd be just as nice a share as all your 'bad' ones. ;) Not quite sure if it's from a game or such or just random art.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    My theory for all the nearly naked adventurers shown in these pictures is that they were just hit by a disintegrate spell. They saved, their armor didn't... Hey why are you all looking at me like that? I'm sane, I swear! Tiax told me so!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    She's wearing Armor of Mesmerizing. The dragon failed its save throw.
    @CoM_Solaufein So that's why she has the spinny-things on her bra cups! They act like spinning tire rims, attracting attention!
    edited October 2013
    Ugh, I just found another set of unclothed people- faeries. Apparently this is another fertile ground for half-naked or mostly naked (or even completely naked) character pictures. :P

Here are a few I can share:
    Middle image- not PG-13 safe. And these were the *milder* ones!
    image by Verehin

Admittedly, in all these cases, the half-clothedness is justified, as these are fae and don't HAVE to wear clothing.
    Post edited by LadyRhian on