Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    SCS, probably. Will check (may take a while, my SCS time budget is overdrawn). (Something roughly like that is supposed to happen in SCS when you've already had a bunch of random encounters, but it's overdoing it.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    edited November 2013
    Hey guys, will my saved games be broken if i update bgee from 1.1 to 1.2 and SCS from v24 to v27?
  • OlleDenStoreOlleDenStore Member Posts: 43
    edited November 2013
    DavidW said:

SCS, probably. Will check (may take a while, my SCS time budget is overdrawn). (Something roughly like that is supposed to happen in SCS when you've already had a bunch of random encounters, but it's overdoing it.

Ok great! No hurry, it's not like it's game breaking or anything. If it helps it didn't start with the goblin encounter. It started with other random encounters every time I traveled. Sometimes I would even get the same encounter twice. The second time all the monsters would be dead if I killed them on the first go, and I had to exit the map again to get to my destination.
    Post edited by OlleDenStore on
  • WabashWabash Member Posts: 21
    If you kill the Fission Slime without fire you´re stuck in Durlag´s Tower.
    Still bug in 1.2.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWFissionBurn","GLOBAL",1) solved the problem.
    Thanks. As above, don't hold your breath for a quick patch!
  • OlleDenStoreOlleDenStore Member Posts: 43
    @DavidW I think I have an idea what's causing the random encounter bug.
    I did the part of Dorn's quest where you kill the helmites. After you leave that area you are supposed to get a random encounter with some paladins. I think the chance for random encounters is set to 100% and for some reason the SCS encounters override the Dorn encounter. I tried uninstalling SCS and I got the paladin encounter the first time I transitioned after. Also I stopped getting ambushed by goblins every time I transition.

I hope this helps!
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2013
    Just finished my BGEE -SCS playtrhough, so here's the list of all the bugs i saw. It was on BGEE 1.2 and SCS v24 but i think a few of these bugs are still there in v27, from what i could read on the changelogs. I won't speak of what has been fixed in v 25.

Npc at inns and NPC pairs can separate : this never worked, no options to do this in dialogs.

I also had the fission bug in Durlag that Wabash mentionned.

Another bug in Durlag : the Pride, Avarice, etc. fight : everyone of the four opponents was cloned. I had two prides, two avarices, etc. Might be due to the multiple reinstallations i did... still, i never saw an error message while installing, related to this.

I had to uninstall the upgraded Durlag because of this : basically, defeating 8 magic resistant, hasted, super dwarves was basically impossible.

Other than this, nothing was broken, at least nothing major. Thanks again for this wonderful mod :)
    JuliusBorisov
    Olle: yes, I agree - that's my diagnosis too. I haven't had a chance to upload the fix.
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    As SCS is so long to install is there a way I can create a custom script which will allow me to install all my preferred components in one go rather than doing them all one by one from the interface?
    Yes (on Windows): run stratagems.bat.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    imo 4 duergars interrupting rest in irenicus' dungeon are too easy to farm. they carry a lot of gold.
    it would work nicer if they were replaced with mephits. mephits getting summoned/portalled in is aesthetically more pleasing to me than infinite squads of duergar coming where from? also, mephits can't be farmed for gold.

make the mephit portals indestructible; instead you can deactivate them for a short time after which they "regenerate" and start producing mephits again. you could even add a note about it somewhere.

mephits have int=6, enough to patrol the halls
    I think of gold farming as an exploit; I deliberately don't block exploits.
    DexterJuliusBorisovEudaemoniumCrevsDaak
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i see it as the game nagging you to behave exploitively a bit too much. you just have to notice all that nice, disproportionately-to-the-rest-of-the-dungeon-available gold, even as a newcomer.
    also there's the slight aesthetic reason that i mentioned.

you could make them the weak 4 duergars on the first rest attempt, and on the second, a spellcaster that beams in along with his retinue, initiates dialogue thenceforth unquestionably pwning you.
    and then, if you somehow cheese your way through him, your reward will be: rest in chateau irenicus as much as you like, yay.

But - to reiterate - I don't have a problem with people gold-farming the duergar if they like. So I don't have any particular interest in preventing it.

Aethetically I take your point in principle, but ultimately it's a general genre problem - random encounters everywhere in the game work that way.
    Dexter
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited November 2013
    @DavidW The issue with illusionnary wolfweres in circus tent has crept up again : http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26021/circus-tent-illusions-deal-real-damage

I say again because I think it has happened before, probably looked over (exception?) when updating the code.
    Almost certainly - thanks, will chase.
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    I have a serious problem with scs(both games) if u cast a area effect(cloud kill, fireball etc etc) spells against enemies far away and out of sight they don t attack you and take all damage whitout move! Pls fix this serious bug, this problem is a gamebreaking
  • siliconpsychosissiliconpsychosis Member Posts: 32
    This is a question for DavidW. I recently installed your great sounding mod SCS for BGEE. My character is a fighter/mage/cleric. When my familiar dies, my main character dies instantly. He was on full health prior to the familiar being killed. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks :)
    No. I doubt it's SCS, but you never know...
  • siliconpsychosissiliconpsychosis Member Posts: 32
    Youre right David. I uninstalled the mod and it still happens. Looking on the bug reports, its a known bug ingame, not mod related. :)
  • Hi...I downloaded SCS for BG EE and it appears to have installed ok. But I did not get the option to install all the components that are listed over at G3. How do I know which components I installed? Thanks.
    look at weidu.log.
  • DavidW said:

look at weidu.log.

Thanks for quick reply David. Sorry to be a pest but how do I do that?
    it's in your game folder. Open it in a text editor (e.g., Notepad).
  • Bah. I have weidu.exe; not weidu.log
    If weidu.log isn't there, probably nothing has installed.
  • ok thanks
  • vigovilingarvigovilingar Member Posts: 64
    Hey, I have a strange bug, but I'm not sure if it's coused by SCS. Clicking on some items in stores (like in Feldepost's inn) is breaking my game. These are not regular items from vanila BBEE.
  • AscoriusAscorius Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Just finished a full playthrough with SCS with my wife, and the only proper bug we encountered was the fission slime bug previously mentioned in the thread.

The thing is that it still bugs even if you kill it with fire. Nuked it down with fireballs, but we still got stuck. Had to use the console to get further.

Neither does the slime split if you kill it without, it just dies like a normal slime.

Anyways, I am really impressed how well the mod works on BG:EE. The absolute must have mod out there.
    DexterCrevsDaak