Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    I vaguely remembered it not working, but since I had to recently reinstall everything after a long hiatus (broken laptop, got a new one) I thought it would be nice to double check.

Turns out that both USER/override and USER/portraits work. It might be a new 1.2 feature.

You obviously have to create those folders, but there's no particular trick involved as far as I know.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Varwulf, I'm not sure just how much is hardcoded at the moment. For now, it would require modifying multiple files, more five or more I suspect, and even then it might not be possible in-game.

@Fafnir, I'll look into it, but I won't promise anything. :)
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    I'm more surprised by the fact that I apparently discovered something new.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited November 2013
    You are so awesome! I knew there would be an update for EE2 but this was better than expected!
    @AHF, happy to not disappoint. :D
  • CaldenseCaldense Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2013
    I'm running into a strange issue with custom portraits. I had a few in my /Documents folder to override NPC portraits(which appeared perfectly fine in-game), but after running EEKeeper, the old portraits seem to be overriding the custom portraits I set up for the NPCs.

The new portraits still appear in the gallery when I make a new PC, but NPCs in the world--and even that new PC I created--will always appear using their vanilla portraits.

I'm stumped. Thoughts?

Edit: Thought it might be prudent to mention I'm running this all on a Mac.
    Post edited by Caldense on
    edited November 2013
    Caldense said:

Edit: Thought it might be prudent to mention I'm running this all on a Mac.

@Caldense,

There's already a couple known differences between using Keeper on Windows and on Mac. Could you upload an edited save game where you have set the portraits as custom?
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    edited November 2013
    Here's a link to an edited game: http://speedy.sh/d5Jq4/000000008-portraits-Edited-0001

I tried a clean installation of BG2EE, but it still seems that the old portraits take precedence over the overrides I set (in the game I linked, I'll choose NVICONL in-game, and it appears to be the new portrait in my Portraits folder. But upon hitting okay, it'll show up in-game as the standard Viconia portrait)

Also weird that when I try to edit portraits in EEKeeper, the list does not include ANY portraits I have in my folder--just the standard BG2 portraits.

Edit: It looks like EEKeeper is only checking Portraits.bif for portraits. I tried moving it to another folder and no portraits appeared when trying to edit them. Weird.
    @Caldense, EE Keeper looks in /Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/portraits/ (or /Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/portraits/ depending on what game resources are currently selected) but I'm going to assume that there is something strange going on with the Mac wrapper.

See here for an example.
    edited November 2013
    It must be the wrapper. EE Keeper won't show any custom portraits--methinks it is looking somewhere else. The problem now is no matter how many times I uninstall the game/EEKeeper, the problem persists. Literally can't figure out what is happening.

Edit: mulling it over (and I hadn't mentioned it before), I'm using the Wineskin to edit BG2EE; that has to be part of my problem.
    Post edited by Caldense on
    All we can do right now is summon the resident Mac Guy, @AstroBryGuy. He might have more of an idea about how it works on Mac.
  • BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
    edited November 2013
    So what's with the installation directory? I've pointed it to my installs for BGEE 1 & 2, and it insists that's not where the game's installed. On a lark, I tried the directory in My Docs, just in case I was being thick, and nope that's not it either. WTF does this thing want from me? To reinstall the game in its default directory?

NM, found it. One follow-up question. I have chitin.key files in TWO different directories for BGEE, 0764 and 0766. Which one should I use?
    Post edited by Barachiel on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited November 2013
    Caldense said:

It must be the wrapper. EE Keeper won't show any custom portraits--methinks it is looking somewhere else. The problem now is no matter how many times I uninstall the game/EEKeeper, the problem persists. Literally can't figure out what is happening.

Edit: mulling it over (and I hadn't mentioned it before), I'm using the Wineskin to edit BG2EE; that has to be part of my problem.

I think the fact that you're using the older v1.0.2 might be part of the problem. Since that version is for BG1EE, it should be looking in the "Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\portraits\" directory for custom portraits. Your custom portraits would be in the BG2EE directory.

I've updated the wrapper for EE Keeper to 1.0.2.1. I can verify that the new 1.0.2.1 wineskin works for BG1EE, but I haven't had a chance to load BG2EE yet.

Here's the link. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/EEKeeper1.0.2.1-OSX.zip

Perhaps I should create a separate thread to post the link, or maybe @Troondon80 can add it to the first post.

• bersbachbersbach Member Posts: 14

I've updated the wrapper for EE Keeper to 1.0.2.1. I can verify that the new 1.0.2.1 wineskin works for BG1EE, but I haven't had a chance to load BG2EE yet.

Here's the link. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/EEKeeper1.0.2.1-OSX.zip

Seems to be working for me. Been hoping that somebody with the know-how would post a wrapped 1.0.2.1 for a couple days now, so thanks very much!
    @AstroBryGuy, I've updated the first post. It might be worth creating a new thread if you decide to stick with this. It can be linked to in the mods section, too, so as to avoid confusion.

I'm not sure what the options are for merging a post, if it were possible @Dee might be able to make you the owner/OP of the Initial Tests thread; not sure if that's even possible.
  • filpanfilpan Member Posts: 34
    Greetings guys! And thanks a lot for making SK compatible with EE edition.
    Anyway,here's the question:
    I use SK only for the mage that i play with and only for spell memorization. I like to have 15-17 spell slots on every spell level. So, do I have to edit a savegame every time I level up(because spells slots then go back to default instead of my edited 15) , or is there a chance not to edit a savegame every time I level up? I hate it to exit the game every time i level up and edit the savegame again only for the spell slots.
    Thanks a lot for consideration! I'm going back to enjoy the greatest RPG OAT.
    @filpan, currently you have to edit every time you level up. The number of spell slots are based on an in-game table, so when you level up it reads what the value should be and adjusts accordingly. Unfortunately, the only other way of doing it would be to do it via affects, but that could increase your spell slots past 15 on level-up. I'll look into it, though, see if there's a better way to do it. :)
    @Barachiel,
    Barachiel said:

NM, found it. One follow-up question. I have chitin.key files in TWO different directories for BGEE, 0764 and 0766. Which one should I use?

00764 is the beta. Presumably you joined when it became an open beta. Currently, they are both the same when it comes to resources—or, at least, I think they are. Unless you are using the beta from the Beamdog client, then the standard public release of BG:EE is 00766; 00766 is the one you want.
    Troodon80 said:

@filpan, currently you have to edit every time you level up. The number of spell slots are based on an in-game table, so when you level up it reads what the value should be and adjusts accordingly. Unfortunately, the only other way of doing it would be to do it via affects, but that could increase your spell slots past 15 on level-up. I'll look into it, though, see if there's a better way to do it. :)

How do you mean by "affects"? How do those work? If they could help with not editing savegame file every time i level-up, i would try it. Can you explain it to me how to do that? Thank you for answering so quickly on my problem.

edited November 2013
    @filpan,

In Keeper, go to the Affects tab. Click on Add and then click Edit.

In the new window, you want to pick "Spell Memorization Mage" as the Type. Set Value as however many you want to increase by (note that this number is stacked on your current spells, so if you already have 3 level 2 spell slots and you add 13, you will get 15. If, on levelling up, you get an extra 1 slot then you will/should have 16). Modifier Type can be one of 9 values:

1=Level 1
    2=Level 2
    4=Level 3
    8=Level 4
    16=Level 5
    32=Level 6
    64=Level 7
    128=Level 8
    256=Level 9

Flags will need to be set to 'Instant, Permanent'.

Time should be 0.

Probability will need to be set to 100 (as in 100% chance of success).

Target is Self.

Resources can be left blank.

Dispel/Resistance should be either 'Nonmagical' or 'Not Dispel/Bypass Resistance'.

Example:

This will add five level two spell slots.
    This was exactly what I was looking for. And you explained it to me in details. How can I thank you?
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2013
    @filpan Also, For this specific Type(Spell Memorization Mage)
    Change Value to 0
    Change Modifier Type to 512

It will simply double all the spell slots you have as a mage.
    Also duplicating it will just double it again.
    It's quicker than adding 9 different affects. ^_^

It's important to know that if you don't have the spell slots to begin with it won't double them.
    Because 2*0=0
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    Is there a EE Keeper that works with BG2 EE?

• HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2013
    @Ryofu Yes, The newest version (On the first page of this post). You can download version 1.0.2.x which works with BG2EE.
  • LordInsaneLordInsane Member Posts: 38
    The EE Keeper that is in the 1.0.2.1 zip file linked on the first page says it is 1.0.2.0. However, it does seem to work with BG2EE, and it is different from the older 1.0.2.0, so it seems to be just the version-number.

I think the fact that you're using the older v1.0.2 might be part of the problem. Since that version is for BG1EE, it should be looking in the "Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\portraits\" directory for custom portraits. Your custom portraits would be in the BG2EE directory.

Perhaps I should create a separate thread to post the link, or maybe @Troondon80 can add it to the first post.

Thanks for this! It certainly works with BG2EE. You are my new favourite person.

The EE Keeper that is in the 1.0.2.1 zip file linked on the first page says it is 1.0.2.0. However, it does seem to work with BG2EE, and it is different from the older 1.0.2.0, so it seems to be just the version-number.

@LordInsane, yeah, sorry about that. I don't always remember to update the version number (it was on something like v1.0.1.6 for about five builds), but the number on the archive is accurate. I'll be sure to update the number when next I upload. :)
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    edited November 2013
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Caldense said:

Thanks for this! It certainly works with BG2EE. You are my new favourite person.

You're welcome! But the thanks should go to @Troondon80 for an updated *Keeper.
  • beingmarkhbeingmarkh Member Posts: 42
    When I use 1.0.2.1 to open a save file, I get a message reading "Some items assigned to this character were not found in the database. If you save this character those items will not be saved."

I made some alterations on my character when I created it, before he had any items at all (and I didn't get the warning message then), but does this mean that he'll lose all his bg2 items if I change the file?