Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @beingmarkh, I would need to know more information about the save game. Are you trying to open a BG:EE save game while BG2:EE resources are loaded (or vice versa)? Do you have any mods installed?
  • beingmarkhbeingmarkh Member Posts: 42
    I'm trying to open a BG2 save game, and from what I can tell from looking at the inventory tab, the resources that are loaded are from BG1 (no +5 anything, etc.). But it's definitely 1.0.2.1 that I have loaded, at least that's what it says on the icon and on the top of the screen.

And EE Keeper is the only mod installed.

@beingmarkh, when you close any save games you currently have open and any other windows such as the creature, spell, or item browser, you should see two buttons on the toolbar at the top.

Example:

When a button is disabled, as appears on the right (the BG2EE icon) in the example, that means the resources are loaded for that particular game. This button loads the resources from the directory the user specifies in the Installation Directory settings.

As mentioned on page 11, you need to set both installation directories (assuming you have both games installed, otherwise you just fill in the game directory of the game you do have - i.e. you do not need to have both games in order to use EE Keeper).

If the Installation Directory settings are set correctly and you have pressed the BG2EE button, then the BG2:EE resources should be loaded. If you have set it up correctly and it still is not loading, then that's something I will need to look into.
    You are patient and awesome.

I'm still having a problem, though. I go to settings>installation directory>applications>bg2 ee, then...

No matter what I set it to, whether it's the first file, or the game data file, or whatever, it says that "The Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition is not found at this location".

If I ignore/override that, I get a message saying that "EE Keeper was unable to read the text resources" because the dialog.tlk file couldn't be found. I can still technically open saved games, but all character inventories are empty and all stats are set to 3.

I'm sure there's something simple I'm either doing wrong or not doing.
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    @beingmarkh Try changing the language to the language the game is installed in.
    They're both in English.
    @beingmarkh, the directory you want is the one with the chitin.key file in it. If the game cannot be found at that location, then it is because it cannot find the chitin.key file.

For Windows, the folder should be \00766\ for BG:EE and \00783\ for BG2:EE. The parent directory will be user specific, and more dependant on whether you are using the Beamdog client or the standalone downloader/launcher. Let me know which you are using.
    I'm using a Mac.
    @beingmarkh, in that case I'll summon @AstroBryGuy. I seem to remember that it was said you needed to set the installation directory as \Applications\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Game Data\00777\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app\Contents\Resources\

For BG:EE, at least.

I cannot remember, though.
    DragonPriest
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Troodon80 said:

@beingmarkh, in that case I'll summon @AstroBryGuy. I seem to remember that it was said you needed to set the installation directory as \Applications\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Game Data\00777\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app\Contents\Resources\

For BG:EE, at least.

I cannot remember, though.

Here are the directories to use.

For BG:EE - Z:\Applications\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Game Data\00777\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app\Contents\Resources\

For BG2:EE - Z:\Applications\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\Game Data\00782\BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app\Contents\Resources\
  • SerethSereth Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2013
    EE Keeper's been working fine for me in most regards. But I have to admit I've had some level of confusion when it comes to certain parts of character customization for my charname.

I've rolled a sorcerer, and while it may be frowned upon by hardcore players; as it is I have no thieves in my party and am trying to see if there's a way to let my character have thief skills without creating an individual kit.

I noticed in the "Affects" tab, there's a number of variables you can do when you add a new affect. Including "Skill Lock Picking", "Skill Pick Pockets", "Skill Stealth" etc. All the required traits of a thief. Along with that is the "Use Any Item" Affect, which I presume is similar to the thief talent learned at much later levels in BG2.

However, the issue I have is that even when adding these affects and tinkering with the various aspects of it, none of the changes seem to do anything. Meaning that even with the affects added, the character remains the same. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the Resource section, but the pdf gives no information and I haven't been able to find any help in my searching to understand it.

If anyone could help me find some clarity on proper use on the affects variables, or point me in the direction of a guide I'd really appreciate it.
    You guys are awesome. I'm all fixed up now.
    Troodon80
    @Sereth, unless your character is a class that can make use of the thieving or steal abilities, then adjusting affects such as lockpicking will be pointless. You character will have the affect applied, but buttons for the thieving abilities will not be displayed. If you change your class to a thief, then you will see the modifications in effect. This much is still hardcoded into the game, as far as I am aware.

As for the PDF, I really must update it for the most recent version.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Troodon80 said:

@AstroBryGuy, I've updated the first post. It might be worth creating a new thread if you decide to stick with this. It can be linked to in the mods section, too, so as to avoid confusion.

I'm not sure what the options are for merging a post, if it were possible @Dee might be able to make you the owner/OP of the Initial Tests thread; not sure if that's even possible.

I installed BG2EE and updated the EE Keeper settings in the OSX Wineskin to have directories pre-set for BGEE and BG2EE (same download link).

I've also created a new thread to make it easy to find for Mac users.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25118/ee-keeper-1-0-2-1-for-os-x-via-wineskin#latest
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Downloaded the 1.0.2.1 yesterday and am very thrilled with the improvements over 1.0.2. Very impressive, keep up the good work! :)
    Troodon80HeasAstroBryGuy
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    Hi, I downloaded 1.0.2.1 today. I gave Sarevok's BG1 model to Sarevok in Throne of Bhaal. When Sarevok walks or stands his animation is correct. When he attacks however his model disappears and you can only see the weapon he is carrying (sword for example). Only if you use fists his animation will display correctly. I remember vaguely that when the original game was out I could mod it so that Sarevok's model wouldn't disappear (he seemed like he was using 4 hands when he attacked but I can live with that). Is there a way to keep Sarevok's BG1 model functional?
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    I'm having the same problem as the guy above. No matter what I set it to, whether it's the first file, or the game data file, or whatever, it says that "The Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition is not found at this location". I used the beamdog client on Windows 7.
    @marktheshark, see my post on page 11. This shows how to get the correct Baldur's Gate location. The location you want is the folder with the chitin.key file in it. If it still refuses to use this location, then let me know.
  • SarlyssiaSarlyssia Member Posts: 27
    Troodon80 said:

@Sereth, unless your character is a class that can make use of the thieving or steal abilities, then adjusting affects such as lockpicking will be pointless. You character will have the affect applied, but buttons for the thieving abilities will not be displayed. If you change your class to a thief, then you will see the modifications in effect. This much is still hardcoded into the game, as far as I am aware.

As for the PDF, I really must update it for the most recent version.

So would it be possible to give a bard the open locks ability since he already has pick pocketing?

• lostincarnationlostincarnation Member Posts: 5
    Is it safe to completely change my pc's class to another one?
    I'd like to change it without starting a new game.
    @Sarlyssia, not without modifying the game files first. Even then, I am not entirely sure.

@lostincarnation, yes it is safe. However, if there are any kit abilities that would normally be added by the game then you will need to add them manually (or remove them, whichever the case may be).
  • lostincarnationlostincarnation Member Posts: 5
    Troodon80 said:

@lostincarnation, yes it is safe. However, if there are any kit abilities that would normally be added by the game then you will need to add them manually (or remove them, whichever the case may be).

Do you mean if i change my pc's class from mage to fighter and level up, i can't get fighter's kit abilities normally?
    @lostincarnation, if you have any abilities for the previous class then you can delete them (or leave them; your choice, really), then you will need to add the kit abilities (Innate spells) up to your current level. Further advancement will award them to the new class/kit. Note that changing a character from a mage to a fighter will require you to also edit the characters' HP if you want to keep it 'legal'.

A common policy is the set the character's level to to 0, set HP to something around 6-10, then load edited save game and level up.
  • beregornberegorn Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2013
    I found these instructions on how to make EE Keeper (or Gate KEEper :) ) work with steam installation.
    Maybe you are interested in it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/864972399797464170/#c864972620906560085
    Post edited by beregorn on
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    Heas said:

@filpan Also, For this specific Type(Spell Memorization Mage)
    Change Value to 0
    Change Modifier Type to 512

It will simply double all the spell slots you have as a mage.
    Also duplicating it will just double it again.
    It's quicker than adding 9 different affects. ^_^

It's important to know that if you don't have the spell slots to begin with it won't double them.
    Because 2*0=0

Any1 got it to work? Coz it wont for me :/ only separate affects.
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    @so_low I got it to work, I'll send you a snapshot of the affect once I get home.. That'll be in a day and half.
    So until then sorry. =X
    Troodon80
    beregorn said:

I found these instructions on how to make EE Keeper (or Gate KEEper :) ) work with steam installation.
    Maybe you are interested in it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/864972399797464170/#c864972620906560085

@beregorn, that's actually not necessary any more. Copying and pasting the executable was only a requirement if you didn't want to be bothered by the "Are you sure this is the correct directory?" message. This has been resolved in version 1.0.2.x (I posted some time back in the topic you linked, actually).

The message would occur due to the naming system of the executables. Instead of using the executables, I am now using the chitin.key file to determine whether or not a given installation directory is correct. As long as you know the installation directory path, there shouldn't be any problems (this was also done to try and ensure some level of compatibility with Mac).

Thank you for the interest and the post, though. :)
  • FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    Hey guys, I have a question about how to turn my berserker into a berserker mage. I can't dual class being a half-elf. What would be the correct procedure to do this. I see a button that enables dual classing, but nothing happens ingame (the ingame button does not turn into a dual class button.) I can also change my class into a fighter/mage and retain my kit, but ingame this lists me as -1 xp in the mage class, and all xp flow to the warrior class.

Any thoughts? Some help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)
  • dandydandy Member Posts: 35
    Hey, I'm attempting to load BG2:EE with EE keeper, BG1:EE is loading and working fine, but 2 keeps saying it is unable to read text resources, make sure installation path is correct, ect.

I've definitely got the path correct, my chitin.key is in the 00783 folder, but it just refuses to accept it
    the language is set to english, so I haven't found any reason for it to not work

It wasn't installed using the beamdog client, but BG1:EE was

any suggestions?
  • FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    Been looking for 4 hours now all over the web, really can't find out how to turn my Half-Elf Berserker into a Fighter / Mage... Bummer... :)