Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Ferluci said:

Hey guys, I have a question about how to turn my berserker into a berserker mage. I can't dual class being a half-elf. What would be the correct procedure to do this. I see a button that enables dual classing, but nothing happens ingame (the ingame button does not turn into a dual class button.) I can also change my class into a fighter/mage and retain my kit, but ingame this lists me as -1 xp in the mage class, and all xp flow to the warrior class.

Any thoughts? Some help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

I think you'd need to edit the file CLSRCREQ.2DA. The line DUALCLASS controls which races can dual class.
  • FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2013

Ferluci said:

Hey guys, I have a question about how to turn my berserker into a berserker mage. I can't dual class being a half-elf. What would be the correct procedure to do this. I see a button that enables dual classing, but nothing happens ingame (the ingame button does not turn into a dual class button.) I can also change my class into a fighter/mage and retain my kit, but ingame this lists me as -1 xp in the mage class, and all xp flow to the warrior class.

I think you'd need to edit the file CLSRCREQ.2DA. The line DUALCLASS controls which races can dual class.
    Thanks for your help so far, where can I locate this file? I could not find it in the folders, nor with a search in windows. Is it a hidden file?

Thanks again!!!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @dandy, can you copy and paste the exact paths as you have typed them in the Installation Directory settings?

@Ferluci, when you say Fighter/Mage, do you want a dual-class or multiclass? (noting that multi-class is the 'legal' version for a Half-Elf.)

For dual-classing, you can see the image here:

The option to enable dual classing requires that you then select which of the classes you want as your original class (the wording could be better).

Since this is a dual class or multi-class, you will also need to set the levels for those:

That ends up with the following:

If you want Berserker to be the primary class, then set the Dual Class option as Mage. In the example provided, the reason why the experience for Berserker says '0' is because it is level 1. If set at level 2, if shows at least the minimum required to be at that level.

At Berserker level 2, this says 2000.

All XP entered in Keeper applies to the currently active class, so you can see from the picture second from the top where it says experience, you can see that this experience is applied in the image just above this paragraph.
  • FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    Thank you so much, that was exactly what I needed! You guys are awesome! :)

I was trying to create a drow Berserker / Mage character based on a "Half-Elf" as that seemed the most logical choice. This has solved me many headaches! (The wording is indeed a bit vague.

Thanks again!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited November 2013
    Its a game file, so you'd need to use Near Infinity or another game editor.

https://github.com/NearInfinityBrowser/NearInfinity/releases

Or, just unzip and put the attached file in your override directory. It should enable dual classing for half-elves.

EDIT: This would make the dual class button active in-game for half-elves.
    Troodon80
  • SarlyssiaSarlyssia Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2013
    Ferluci said:

Just setting the checkmark at dual class is not enough you have to set the class you want to dual from to fighter in your case and your class to fighter/mage and then you have to make sure the levels are correct. It is not to make you able to dual class but to set it up manually. The easier way imo is to simply set your race to human, load the game, dual class and after that set your race back to half-elf.

Heas
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    @so_low
    Here's a photo of how I did to get double spell slots, Again, Only works if you have at least one slot to begin with.
    Troodon80
  • KladozKladoz Member Posts: 13
    Is it possible to change the casting voice of my character from male to female?

I rolled a male character to try out the Neera romance but I prefer to play female characters so I changed the appearance/voice of my main character to female. But whenever I cast a spell, she starts chanting with a male voice. Any way to change that?
    @Kladoz, it should automatically change. I'll look into it. :)
  • KladozKladoz Member Posts: 13
    Troodon80 said:

@Kladoz, it should automatically change. I'll look into it. :)

Hey!

I just tried changing my gender with "EEKeeper" to female and the spellcasting voice changed as well. My only worry is that the romance won't work if I change the gender. I would test a little more but all my saves are in the underdark and I know that romances are a little wonky in that section

• marymagdalinemarymagdaline Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    I can't seem to get EE Keeper to change the colour of leather, metal or armour in the Appearance tab for BG2:EE. No matter what colours I choose, in-game it always defaults to the normal armour colours. Skin, hair, minor and major clothing works fine. I'm attempting to make these changes to a multiplayer save, if it matters. Would really like to get this working so it's easier to visualize my guys in the chaos of a fight. Plus, we want to look cool!

Edit: Tried it with a singleplayer game, doesn't work there either. :(
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    Most armors have their own color that overwrites the default colors. In order to fix this you need to alter the item files as well.
    I suggest you check out forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14965/mr-pennyway-s-cosmetic-changes
    Post edited by Fafnir on
    Troodon80
    @Kladoz,
    Kladoz said:

I just tried changing my gender with "EEKeeper" to female and the spellcasting voice changed as well. My only worry is that the romance won't work if I change the gender. I would test a little more but all my saves are in the underdark and I know that romances are a little wonky in that section

Ah... okay, I see what you are trying to do. No, changing gender like that will not work, you will most likely be locked out of any (future?) romance options depending on how far you have already gotten.

There are two gender variables in the save game, and I have simply linked both (it is the least complex for any user). I'll take a look at separating them, though. :)

@marymagdaline, much of the armour in-game applies its own colour scheme for metal and leather. There's really not much that can be done about that.
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    In a Black Pits 2 save, is there any way to change who's in your party? I'd like to be able to replace the boring prerolled characters with regular NPCs from the main game.
    @Kaxon, short answer: no.

I did toy with the idea of creating a list at one point, where you could actually select what characters were in your party, but eventually decided against the idea. I've had other ideas on how to do it, but unfortunately they all complicate the interface for the average user (Keeper is well liked for being somewhat simple, at least compared to programs such as DLTCEP or Near Infinity). I may still do it, but it will not be for some time.
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    With the enhancements done by Beamdog - is it possible to use this tool to make a dual or multiclass Paladin/Ranger? Or Paladin/Anything?
    Nope. There were no enhancements done in that direction, afaik.
    Troodon80AstroBryGuy
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Troodon80 I really like what you've done with EEKeeper and I think an advanced tool made by you would be welcome by the entire community,
    ErgFafnir
    Troodon80 said:

@Kaxon, short answer: no.

I did toy with the idea of creating a list at one point, where you could actually select what characters were in your party, but eventually decided against the idea. I've had other ideas on how to do it, but unfortunately they all complicate the interface for the average user (Keeper is well liked for being somewhat simple, at least compared to programs such as DLTCEP or Near Infinity). I may still do it, but it will not be for some time.

How easy is it in the actual save data? I'm not afraid of doing a little hex editing if it's something as easy as changing some IDs for who your current party members are - if you can give me any pointers on where to find that data. :)
    Or... is there any way to get the NPCs voice sets? Then I could just create clones of the regular NPCs in the character creation stage and give them the right voices in EE Keeper.
    @mlnevese, I would be willing, but I'm not sure how long it would take. Much of what I would do to make a more advanced tool would incorporate the Keeper code, but it would be a separate project entirely. I always thought one of the key 'selling' points was the ease of use, at least where options are concerned. If you take a comparison of Near Infinity, there are options everywhere; too many options for the less technically minded. As it is, I am trying not to add too many confusing options to Keeper; the 'Edit Affects' dialog is probably the most complex part of it (and I am hoping to do something about that in the coming months, though I do not have any date in mind).

Having said that, I am not really sure there is much point in making an advanced tool. The most advanced tools that the community have currently are DLTCEP and Near Infinity, and both of them have better capabilities in general.
    mlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Troodon80 I think there is really room for an intermediate savegame tool. Something that does not have all the tools of NI or DLTCEP but allows the player to quickly create a new magic item and add it to his group's inventory, creating the itm file and placing it in override in the background, without user intervention, for instance.
    Troodon80Fafnir
    @mlnevese, I like that idea. Not sure if or when, but it is something I would like to do. :)
    mlneveseFafnir
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    Where should I look for more information on how does Edit Affect work? It isn't that complex, names of types are often descriptive enough, I would be willing to forgo probability and time as something that I don't need to worry about... But Value and Modifier Type need explanations. Both those options seem to do different things based on chosen Type, value seems to work on bit flags which I could manage but I'd need to find out what they mean. Target beyond "self" and Resource fields look scary.
    @Deltharis, the Infinity Engine Structures Description Project would be the best place to find out about types and modifiers. As I said above, I do hope to reduce the complexity of the the Affects at some point. :)
    Fafnir
    @Troodon80 just dropping in to say that you're doing an excellent work. Thanks for everything. :)
    HeasTroodon80
    @Troodon80 Thanks! Those lists do not seem absolutely compatible at first glance (for example spell memorization extension from above does not seem to be listed, or it is listed with a less descriptive name), but it is a start. And it tells me how Haste affect works which is great.

And for another question - is there a way to minimize the amount of clicking from program start to save editing? I don't have BG1, and so I get:
    - "BGEE not found"
    -directory choice
    -no path for BGEE selected
    - you must reload resources
    - you haven't selected a game to load
    - (though not a pop-up I still have to click it) BG2EE
    - load a game
    I understand that each and every step is important and if it were to go amiss someone would do something stupid... But I would prefer not to go through it every time.
    @Fafnir, thank you. :)

@Deltharis,

Extra wizard spell slots.

As for your question: Since I have both set up, it didn't even occur to me. Thank you for letting me know. I'll sort that out in the next build. I had forgotten all about that since the release of BG2:EE. It was originally meant to ensure that the player had BG:EE set up correctly (prior to having options for both games), but since you can now have BG:EE or BG2:EE, I'll have to adjust that. :)
    @Troodon80 Apparently "memor" wasn't that good of a search string for that one.

Anyway, I've been familiarizing with that list. One thing I've found is that Keeper does not seem to have Protection from Timestop listed (opcode 136). At least not in type name, and scrolling through types and looking at codes seem to support that observation. Is it missing on purpose (i.e. should I refrain from using it)? Or maybe it IS there and again my search skills have failed me?
    @Deltharis, it appears that it is there, it is just under the wrong name. It is under "Force Visible." Whatever that's supposed to be, I have no idea. I'll correct all the opcodes once I start overhauling the Edit Affects area of Keeper. :)