Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    I tried installing the Rogue Rebalancing mod BGEE windows edition, yet it fails to install.
    I put all the files from the ZIP file to the BGEE folder and ran install, but it does'nt seem to work.

Anything special needed thats not included in the readme or is it just not as compatible as I thought?
  • JaeldynJaeldyn Member Posts: 49
    Did you create the Override folder in your game folder ? Make a path to your dialog.tlk ? If that doesn't work you could always take the dialog file from your language folder, copy it in the 766 folder, then install the mod, and put the modified dialog.tlk back in the lang_US folder
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Still hoping to see Unfinished Business one of these days. Such a great mod! :)
    Kavainunfortunate_oneCrevsDaak
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    This is all very confusing to me, mainly because I have Mac OS 10.6.8 and I can't even find the directory files that are being mentioned, let alone edit them. It might be asking a lot, but if anybody can post a dumbed down step by step way for me to modify the game so I can change my characters alignment. I would be forever grateful! I rolled a 95! That wont happen again, but it irritates my being CN when I would prefer NG. I know that it doesn't matter, but it bothers me anyways!
  • SrenSren Member Posts: 24
    I've been waiting well over 6 months to play BGEE because I can't play without any NPC interaction (BG2 spoiled me that way), is there an ETA on NPC project or has that been scrapped?
    booinyoureyes
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Sren said:

I've been waiting well over 6 months to play BGEE because I can't play without any NPC interaction (BG2 spoiled me that way), is there an ETA on NPC project or has that been scrapped?

It's coming. It's in Beta testing at the moment. There is a thread on this very board about it.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait for the NPC project to be completed.
    StoneSwordsbooinyoureyeslanlyn
  • cmdr_silverboltcmdr_silverbolt Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I was recently gifted a copy of BG:EE for steam, and I would like to know whether this and the WeiDu mod guides are the latest available. Is there anything I should be aware of while modding the steam version of this game? Thanks for the help.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Well, the first thing you should know is that most WeiDU mods are incompatible with BG:EE at this time...
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited August 2013
    Was directed here, sad to see that most major mods are still having problems. Hopefully something will be finished at the end of the year maybe. The ones that makes me jump for joy when they re-release is gonna be that NPC project, DSOTSC and (hopefully northside, never heard a word on it). Also the little mods like quest pack and sirine.

There was this guy out there that made a quest-line for Drizzit and had his own website, wonder what happened to him.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Does BG Tweak pack vs 13 works?
    Which options should I avoid ?
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    edited December 2013
    Was using the wrong folder, figured it out on my own. Solved.
  • syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
    Is there anyway to install the piece of the ToBEx that prevents spell interruption when damage <= 0? (Or you're otherwise protected against harmful effects e.g. basilisk's gaze + gaze immunity)

Can I manually modify something so that the game checks for damage done before playing the animation?
  • FFGFFG Member Posts: 52
    CamDawg said:

Stuff You Don't Need

• ToBEx (fixes)
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    edited December 2013
    OP edited on December 2012 .. no changes since then?

Nevermind I guess.. there is another thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15380/bg-ee-mods-and-modding-tutorials-quick-links/p1
    Post edited by beo on
  • DelicoseDelicose Member Posts: 6
    @CamDawg, could you update the original OP with the link from beo's post? I just read 16 pages of interesting history to find out the OP is out of date. I would have rather known to go to that post instead. lol

Thanks!
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
    My kit mod (only in french for now) is fully compatible BGEE/BG2EE

Mon module de kits est 100% compatible BGEE/BG2EE

C'est le "Deratiseur Unused Kits Pack 0.9.5 EE bis" (DUKP) téléchargeable ici : http://www.mediafire.com/download/695msma9asxz95m/Deratiseur Unused Kits Pack 0.9.5 EE bis.rar
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited January 2016
    Where I can I find a comprehensive listing of ALL available mods for both EE games? I'd also need an 'order of install' guide. This is great but there's 16 pages and it's a couple of years old. Any tips?

I've had both EE games since they came out but chose to remain with Tutu and original SoA/ToB.

Oh, is the Hard Times Mod available for EE? What about BGII subrace? I've decided the PC as a Tiefling makes a lot of sense since the real ToB is in the abyss and full of demons. CT
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited January 2016

Oh, is the Hard Times Mod available for EE?

No (and in my opinion, it's the greatest thing missing for EE). I asked MacReady in 2012 if he'd update the mod to be compatible, he said he'd "keep an eye on it" and nothing has been heard of Hard Times since.

Topic: Hard Times for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @CharlestonianTemplar Check the OP here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/15380/bg-ee-mods-and-modding-tutorials-quick-links/p1. It has a list of mods and links to other threads, including those explaining the order of installation.
    mlnevese
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @CharlestonianTemplar Alternatively you can check out the tool Big World Setup which lets you select the mods you want to install and takes care of all dependencies and the installation order for you. It is for Windows only though.
  • ChaosRiderChaosRider Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2016
    So about SP Collection (it works this way in BGEE & BG2EE) "STUFF THAT WORKS":

SP Collection gives new classes/kits...

Also! Dorn can't use heavy armors and 2h sword (but he wields it when you finds him)... but in this one Im not sure is it because of this mod or because of last bgee update :P.

Edit:
    Yes, Dorn was unable to use 2h swords and heavy armor because of intalling SP Collection. So this mod is not working.
    Post edited by ChaosRider on
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    The original post for this thread doesn't seem to have been updated for several years. Is there a list of BGEE compatible mods that is of more recent origin than this post?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    Loldrup